Photo
- - - - -

Halo Reach LE $20 at Wal-Mart (Possible YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 obeast

obeast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

I was at the Wal-Mart in Los Banos, Ca. earlier to pick up stuff for the Super Bowl and went by the electronics section to see what they have, which I usually do. I saw and picked up a copy of Halo Reach LE for $20 at the clearance table by the electronics registers. Like the title says, this seems very YMMV, but it wouldn't hurt to check your local store(s) for this deal.

Edit: The LE I got came with a journal and some downloadable armor for multiplayer.

Edited by obeast, 06 February 2011 - 11:23 PM.
Clarified which LE I got

Posted Image

#2 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:10 PM

I was at the Wal-Mart in Los Banos, Ca. earlier to pick up stuff for the Super Bowl and went by the electronics section to see what they have, which I usually do. I saw and picked up a copy of Halo Reach LE for $20 at the clearance table by the electronics registers. Like the title says, this seems very YMMV, but it wouldn't hurt to check your local store(s) for this deal.

I'm pretty sure you mean Limited Edition, but just for the sake of clarity, you should state which LE you're talking about.

#3 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

damn really???did they have anymore???I stay in Fresno only an hour drive but don't know if it's really worth it. I'll be passing by there in 2 weeks but doubt there would still be anymore there

#4 obeast

obeast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

I'm pretty sure you mean Limited Edition, but just for the sake of ease of clarification, you should state which LE you're talking about.

It's in a black box that comes with a journal, and some downloadable armor for multiplayer. I'm sure it's probably the cheapest LE (if there are different LEs), but it's still pretty good for $20 if you decide to eBay it or whatever.

damn really???did they have anymore???I stay in Fresno only an hour drive but don't know if it's really worth it. I'll be passing by there in 2 weeks but doubt there would still be anymore there

They had three more on the table when I got mine. The price tag had a date of 2/4/11, so I guess either they were sitting there for a while or they have a ton in the back.
Posted Image

#5 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

It's in a black box that comes with a journal, and some downloadable armor for multiplayer. I'm sure it's probably the cheapest LE (if there are different LEs), but it's still pretty good for $20 if you decide to eBay it or whatever.

They had three more on the table when I got mine. The price tag had a date of 2/4/11, so I guess either they were sitting there for a while or they have a ton in the back.

thanks!I'll check it out when I head out that way on 2/18 on my way to the central coast

#6 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

The other LE that I was referring to is the one with the statue and the LE you bought. :-#

It's legen... wait for it... dary. Just kidding.

Edited by sadboy, 06 February 2011 - 11:30 PM.

#7 obeast

obeast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

The other LE that I was referring was the one with the statue and the LE you bought. :-#

I dig. I kinda wish I got the statue one, but I'm sure I did okay.

Also, I updated the OP to clarify which LE I saw/got.
Posted Image

#8 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

I would love to pick this up for this price but I loathe the thought of being inside Walmart. The only reason I ever go there is to purchase 5qt. Castrol synthetic oil for my oil changes and I usually buy about 5 to minimize my visits.

#9 King J Gatz

King J Gatz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:12 AM

I would love to pick this up for this price but I loathe the thought of being inside Walmart. The only reason I ever go there is to purchase 5qt. Castrol synthetic oil for my oil changes and I usually buy about 5 to minimize my visits.

WOW! Well whoopty Sh*t
Michigan Snowgoon

#10 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:38 AM

Hmm I'll try calling them. Thanks for the heads up.

#11 DV8

DV8

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:42 AM

Hmm I'll try calling them. Thanks for the heads up.

lol if this was slickdeals, they would crucify you would for that comment.

#12 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:57 AM

lol if this was slickdeals, they would crucify you would for that comment.

Never call is a good rule. If it's a price mistake, you're just telling them to fix it. If it's a ridiculously good deal, the guy who answers the phone will have the entire stock in his car 5 minutes after he told you they were out because you alerted him to the deal.

#13 badramen

badramen

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

The other LE that I was referring to is the one with the statue and the LE you bought. :-#

It's legen... wait for it... dary. Just kidding.

So does the "Just kidding." mean you realized someone referring to Limited Edition as LE is a valid option, whereas thinking LE refers to Legendary is both grammatically absurd and logically obtuse? :)
FYI, I like pi(e).

#14 Bervda

Bervda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:26 AM

So does the "Just kidding." mean you realized someone referring to Limited Edition as LE is a valid option, whereas thinking LE refers to Legendary is both grammatically absurd and logically obtuse? :)

It was a HIMYM reference.

#15 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:42 AM

Thanks for the heads up

Games My life..8.gif

#16 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:56 AM

For those who wanted to know, it's still $80 at the Short Pump location.