- - - - -

Are women good drivers?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Assasin

Assasin

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:06 AM

You tell me?

Edited by Assasin, 09 February 2011 - 04:23 AM.

#2 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:16 AM

only when theyre driving sick .

#3 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:20 AM

No.

/thread

#4 sammers

sammers

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:21 AM

Piss us off and no, we are not good drivers. Or when we're PMSing.

#5 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:23 AM

Generally, yes.

Posted Image

#6 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:23 AM

no.
/end

#7 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:24 AM

Piss us off and no, we are not good drivers. Or when we're PMSing.

In short: no.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#8 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:30 AM

Drivers in general just suck.

Women Driver:

Guy Driver (car ahead not the bike):

#9 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:39 AM

No

#10 Ergo Proxy

Ergo Proxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

Depends, my mom is a great driver. But my girlfriend sucks.

#11 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

Women have better insurance rates than men when they are in their 20s. Things even out the older people get though.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#12 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

I like that the guy in the first clip is like "F this" and walks away.

#13 NeoFrank1

NeoFrank1

Machete don't text

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

Sure, when they're driving me crazy!
Posted Image

#14 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

I live in Miami and we've been rated the worst drivers in America. I wholeheartedly agree with those results. People here are rude, inconsiderate, and weave in & out of traffic. I blast my horn almost every day while commuting to work. Most everyone I know gets 1 or 2 tickets average per year, while I've never received a ticket in my life. I'm getting serious "road rage" issues living down here.

From my own personal experience Haitians the worst drivers in the world.

In general women are terrible drivers. I can't tell you how many times I see these bitches talking on the phone while driving. But I have to give props to my wife, she's a caution driver and on top of that she's asian. Stereotypically she should be the worst driver in world.

#15 Otherguy676

Otherguy676

Grand Pawn Shop Champ!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

@Rodimus - I was in Miami for the first time a few weeks back and I thought the drivers were similar to New Jersey drivers in that they drive either 20 miles over or under the speed limit (which is just a suggestion to them) and no one signals. I didn't think they were as bad as Orlando drivers who apparently have no idea where they are going at all times so being cut off across 4 lanes of traffic is usual. Orlando drivers also never heard of a turn signal and I've seen many a red lights turn into a chance to play Kamikazee. Seriously, Orlando has got to have the worse drivers in the Nation.
My games list, Just hit 1000!!!
http://users.ign.com...objType=1&lid=1

My Ebay Auctions - check this out and if you buy something, let me know your a CAG and Ill throw in some free swag (like uncommon cards or various promo items I find lying around)
http://www.ebay.com/...6/m.html?_dmd=1

Trade list
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95517
I an have a Sega Saturn Pro Action Replay 4 in 1 for sale, PM me if interested

#16 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

one of my exes had literally wrecked 6 cars between the age of 16 and 27. Strange thing about that? She didn't even get a license until she was 24...
Come to think of it, just about every gf I've had has been an absolutely terrible driver.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#17 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

I don't think there's anything physically wrong with women that makes them bad drivers. But I think the way the world works makes them bad drivers. (They text and drive more, put on makeup while driving, talk while driving and get distracted, etc.) Of course, men do some stupid things too. (We're notorious for racing/speeding.) Also, one explanation I heard is that women simply don't have the desire to drive as much as we do. They want to get there and back and be done with it, while on the other hand, most men are naturally attracted to the speed and control of fast vehicles.

But in my opinion, everyone's a bad driver nowadays (even me). I think we could all go back for a refresher course on the rules of the road, and maybe they could teach everybody how to be considerate this time around.

#18 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

My wife was a great driver until she got pregnant.
To each his own.

#19 PopCulture

PopCulture

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

I know some women who drive better than most men. Many PEOPLE are horrible drivers.

#20 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

@Rodimus - I was in Miami for the first time a few weeks back and I thought the drivers were similar to New Jersey drivers in that they drive either 20 miles over or under the speed limit (which is just a suggestion to them) and no one signals. I didn't think they were as bad as Orlando drivers who apparently have no idea where they are going at all times so being cut off across 4 lanes of traffic is usual. Orlando drivers also never heard of a turn signal and I've seen many a red lights turn into a chance to play Kamikazee. Seriously, Orlando has got to have the worse drivers in the Nation.

I'm sorry, Miami isn't the worst drivers in the nation (that's New York) but rather we're the rudest.

Orlando's full of tourists so of course they don't know where they're going. It doesn't really make them "bad" drivers, they're just lost.

#21 dannyox718

dannyox718

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

My wife was a great driver until she got pregnant.

OMG is the baby ok???

#22 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

None of the women in my family are particularly good drivers, in fact they scare me when they're driving. But they may just be bad drivers, but at the same time I'd say most of the people on the road today are awful drivers, not just women.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#23 Moses144

Moses144

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

I once saw a video exploring the differences between males and females. It referenced a bunch of tests and experiments, our chemical differences, and why historically we would have developed the way we did - hunter/gatherer men needed strength and mathematical/combat skills, stay at home women needed language and communication skills. In this way there could have been selective breeding, making our differences more refined in what worked in that society, so the strong men mated with the good mothers.

What the video boiled down to when it came to women driving vs. men driving was men's depth perception is a lot better.

http://www.healthcen.../408/46705.html

#24 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

Actually it's my experience that men are usually worse, especially if they're used to driving on the interstate most of the time. That or if they have aspirations of becoming Nascar drivers.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#25 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

I feel like a lot of accidents are also caused by hesitation. How many people have you seen get wacked because someone was slowly trying to eek a turn in dense traffic?

#26 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

Honestly if peeple just paid attention to road signs we'd all be a lot safer. If you're supposed to stop then stop, if not then go on. So many times I see people stop at places they shouldn't. 4 way stops seem to be the worst, people can't grasp the concept of whoever stops first goes first and so on.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#27 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

No.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#28 captainfrizo

captainfrizo

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:06 PM

Most aren't.

#29 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

I've been rear-ended twice -- both by women. I think in general, they seem to panic a little bit in tight situations, which I think is the main cause. I have also never been scared in a car, until my gf drove. In the 2 or so years she actually drove, she's hit a pole, and also knocked off her side mirror twice.

#30 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

Yes, until proven otherwise!