Photo
- - - - -

Brink - A new kind of FPS? Out now! First DLC FREE!

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

Is anyone excited about this on the PS3 front? I have been keeping an eye on it and didn't realize it is out so soon (5/10/11). Developed by Splash Damage and published by Bethesda, it certainly looks interesting. One main concern would be player base on the PS3, hence me asking if anyone is planning to give it a spin.

Posted Image

"Brink is an immersive first-person shooter that blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience, allowing you to develop your character whether playing alone, with your friends, or against others online. You decide the combat role you want to assume in the world of Brink as you fight to save yourself and mankind’s last refuge. Brink offers a compelling mix of dynamic battlefields, extensive customization options, and an innovative control system that will keep you coming back for more."

I don't know if there will be a demo, but if the game is good, they should definitely put one out.

Newest (I think) trailer below. I think it looks neat.

Preorder bonuses from each retailer...

The DOOM Pack, available when you pre-order through GameStop, contains:
• Unique “Hellspawn” body tattoo
• Exclusive UAC (Security) and Cacodemon (Resistance) customized skins for the Bulpdaun SMG
• Exclusive UAC Marine Body Armor (Security) and Lost Soul Screaming Skull (Resistance) t-shirts
• Exclusive UAC beanie cap (Security) and DOOM bandana (Resistance)

The Fallout Pack, available when you pre-order through Best Buy, contains:
• Unique Fallout Vault 101 body tattoo
• Exclusive Vault 101 (Security) and Fallout New Vegas Vault Boy (Resistance) customized skins for the CARB-9 SMG
• Exclusive Fallout Vault 101 (Security) and Fallout New Vegas Vault Boy (Resistance) t-shirts
• Exclusive Vault-Tec beanie cap (Security) and Fallout bandana (Resistance)

The Psycho Pack, when you pre-order through Amazon.com or Direct2Drive, contains:
• Exclusive weapon: the “Caesar” Revolver
• New attachments: The Resistance’s improved Soda Can Silencer and Security’s ArkTactical Silencer
• Exclusive Resistance “The Grin” Combat Mask
• Unique “Tortured Soul” body tattoo

The Spec Ops Pack, available when you pre-order through Walmart or Steam, contains:
• Exclusive weapon: the “Hockler” Machine-Pistol
• Exclusive “GreenEye” Combat Optical Scope
• Exclusive Security “Sloani” Combat Mask
• Unique Dogtag body tattoo

SWEET! "Bethesda Softworks, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced that its acclaimed first-person shooter, Brink, will be available one week EARLIER than originally scheduled. Brink will now first be available for purchase in North America on May 10th instead of May 17th, and in Europe on May 13th instead of May 20th."

Edited by Saint Noir, 11 April 2011 - 04:26 PM.

#2 KB24

KB24

Strong Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

Game looks great.

In for 1 for sure.
yo should change the vid though since it freezes at .19

#3 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

Game looks great.

In for 1 for sure.
yo should change the vid though since it freezes at .19

Cool. And done. Thanks for the heads up. :lol:

#4 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

I'll check it out... sounds interesting but cant see the vid at work.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#5 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

I like the concept, but I want to see more gameplay vids in the future. Also here is a very nice detailed compendium about it. All provided by fragworld.org

Part 1 - Story, Gameplay and SMART.

Part 2 - Classes, Abilities and Objectives.

Part 3 - Weapons and Customization.

Part 4 - Controls, HUD and everything else.

#6 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:32 PM

Brink has been on and off my radar pending better trailers, I do like what the systems that they have in mind and it's pretty close to being a great mixed bag of game mechanics. It really needs more press though, I barely heard anything in the past 3 months about it.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#7 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

I am definitely checking this game out, but I might get it on PC. idk yet.

#8 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

with my experience with kz3 being not so great, this has now become my most anticipated FPS. the mixture of mirrors edge like parkour is a great edition. im very excited (and have been for quite some time) for this game and i really REALLY hope it delivers.

EightBitArtist.png

#9 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:59 AM

Brink is exactly the kind of risks that FPS games need to take. Evolve the FPS standard beyond the the realms of it being an FPS.

Brink is on my radar, but if Socom 4 becomes SoCrack 4 for me, then I'm sorry Brink.

#10 Bazylik

Bazylik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

Brink is exactly the kind of risks that FPS games need to take. Evolve the FPS standard beyond the the realms of it being an FPS.

Brink is on my radar, but if Socom 4 becomes SoCrack 4 for me, then I'm sorry Brink.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw first few trailer/gameplay vids. Since then I lost interest somewhat, latest videos don't show much of an evolution which the genre could surely use. I'll still check it out, though. I hope it will be good, it has a lot of promise.

#11 n1vek

n1vek

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

I started looking a bit more closely at this game yesterday. I feel like this is what Borderlands was meant to be, with customizable classes and (from what I can tell) a build-it-yourself gun engine.

I am excited for this game, just concerned about the user base. I may wait a week on this post launch and then make a decision. But it is the only shooter on my radar right now and will do my best to get some buddies involved.

Posted Image
:ps3: Click signature card for PSN trophy details :ps3:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

I started looking a bit more closely at this game yesterday. I feel like this is what Borderlands was meant to be, with customizable classes and (from what I can tell) a build-it-yourself gun engine.

I am excited for this game, just concerned about the user base. I may wait a week on this post launch and then make a decision. But it is the only shooter on my radar right now and will do my best to get some buddies involved.

Funny, because I was thinking this looked exactly like Borderlands. I didnt read further into it though, just looked at the trailer.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#13 n1vek

n1vek

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

Funny, because I was thinking this looked exactly like Borderlands. I didnt read further into it though, just looked at the trailer.

Well it looks just like Borderlands, but in actuality, I feel that Borderlands didn't deliver on a lot of what was promised.

I played Borderlands on PC. The matchmaking system was terrible, and ultimately the gun "loot" engine didn't leave me with a feel that I was really accomplishing things. Most of all, the game was just too easy I suppose?

The fully customizable engine for both player appearance/design and weapon creation makes this an interesting looking title for me.

I'll wait for some additional previews and see what those who have actually touched the game think before buying.

Edited by n1vek, 16 February 2011 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:09 AM

This reminds me more of Team Fortress 2 than Borderlands.

#15 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:46 AM

Well it looks just like Borderlands, but in actuality, I feel that Borderlands didn't deliver on a lot of what was promised.

I played Borderlands on PC. The matchmaking system was terrible, and ultimately the gun "loot" engine didn't leave me with a feel that I was really accomplishing things. Most of all, the game was just too easy I suppose?

Borderlands is hella fun.

Just started playing and can't wait to dive in more.

Those are really nit-picky things - if you want a coop game get a coop game, for those of us who love awesome FPS RPG action Borderlands is a champ.

#16 n1vek

n1vek

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:53 AM

Borderlands is hella fun.

Just started playing and can't wait to dive in more.

Those are really nit-picky things - if you want a coop game get a coop game, for those of us who love awesome FPS RPG action Borderlands is a champ.

I guess I was looking for a deeper experience concerning leveling and loot. It was fun, but honestly if you did all the quests, the game was much too easy.

I guess that every time I see a FPS with class modification, I hope it is the first coming of something (decent) similar to an FPS MMORPG. This game may not be it, but I have something to hope for.

And I agree with the TF2 comparison. I got those vibes as well, mostly due to the engineer,medic classes.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

New preview...
http://www.destructo...nk-195378.phtml

#18 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

Not sure if I'll be picking this up for PS3 or PC, it'll likely come down to what kind of discounts/credits/promos there are and if it's steam activateable. Will definitely be giving it a try, though.

Posted Image

#19 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

I also thought of borderlands when I saw this trailer. Looks interesting though. Love anything bethesda puts out so I might end up getting this.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#20 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

Nice. http://www.gamerzine...frustrated.html

#21 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

Nice. http://www.gamerzine...frustrated.html

as if i didnt want to buy this game already, this just sweetens the deal

EightBitArtist.png

#22 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

Where there's FPS's, there's always gonna be campers. Whether it be across the map, or right in front of your spawn point. It'll only be a matter of time before someone exploits something in this game to ruin it for everyone. I'm just scared cuz it looks like this is going to be a very busy game. Hope they beta test the ish out of it.
Posted Image
Support NGAME.TV / Made a permanent switch to Ubuntu...Feels Good Man.

#23 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:39 AM

I wasn't really paying attention to this until I recently heard it plays pretty similar to Enemy Territory, a game I sunk a good portion of my life into. After Quake Wars was a bit of a disappointment and now that the old ET servers are pretty dead, my fingers are crossed this will carry on the legacy.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#24 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

the one guy working on this game basically said its Enemy Territory 3

EightBitArtist.png

#25 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

I've been looking forward to this game for awhile, this and possible Deus Ex are the only FPS's I'm dealing with from now on.

210452.png

#26 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

OMG! I am tripping right now they're going to hold an event right here in Boston!!! I'm definitely going they're going to have 8-8 set ups and everything, we can also get free swag! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!
I'll be sure to post impressions afterward
Edit: got so excited forgot to post the link
http://bethblog.com/...y-8pm-be-there/

210452.png

#27 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

OMG! I am tripping right now they're going to hold an event right here in Boston!!! I'm definitely going they're going to have 8-8 set ups and everything, we can also get free swag! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!
I'll be sure to post impressions afterward
Edit: got so excited forgot to post the link
http://bethblog.com/...y-8pm-be-there/

Sweet. Definitely report back!

#28 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:33 AM

Okay so my impressions: I watched for like an hour than got a chance to play for like 20 min [SMH] but overall the game was fun, I played as a soldier bc no one else on the team was one, I got to hand out ammo to teammates which was cool. It's interesting when you buff your teammates you are magnetized towards them... it was weird.
The SMART system was pretty cool, I noticed not many people were taking full advantage of it though. I was jumping over raillings and busting my gun with ease. most people however were playing it like it was COD which wasn't the best idea. Another underutilized mechanic was the slide, I was watching this one guy rock out using it, he was a medic and he was healing, killing, and sliding his way to glory. I myself didn't use it as much as I should have because I was just getting used to the controls.
As far as killing opponents are pretty hard to put down you have to really gun on 'em it's nowhere near the insta-death of COD, alot closer to halo style empty a clip into opponents.
I hadn't noticed on the preview, but there's an always present enemy tracker/radar thing, I don't think it was motion sensitive but it makes camping pretty hard.
As a soldier my perks were molotov cocktail and some other sort of grenade, it's true what they say in the videos the grenades aren't insta death, I cracked a dude in the head with one and he got knocked down and I shot him in the head to kill him.
The grenades have an interesting mechanic instead of a set amount they have a cool down period where you can't through them.
Also it probably goes without saying but the objectives are pretty diverse, and aren't just like one game type. I don't know for sure but I doubt there'll be like tradition TDM, CTF etc. In the games I watch and was playing the objectives included: Helping/Stopping a prisoner from getting across the stage, getting a pass code and delivering, and some other stuff I don't remember.
I heard someone complaining about the recoil and saying it was borderline unplayable, disagreed, the main AR had little recoil but the 2nd weapon had a ton of recoil but I feel like it's a weapon to be used in close proximity.
Overall: I came into the event with SKY HIGH expectation and they were almost met, I feel like the game would have reached those expectations if I was able to communicate with my team (we had headphones and mics but i don't know if they were working no one was talking on them) I still feel like this is the future of FPS's and it's still a first day cop for me.
Anything else just ask I probably forgot to put some stuff and I'm too lazy to read back over this lol

210452.png

#29 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

Thanks for the post. Here is a cool video...
http://www.gametrail...or-brink/711462

#30 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

Super new trailer. Think I am officially getting it.