Radiant Historia DS - $34.99 w/ Soundtrack

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Nitemare25

Nitemare25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:22 AM

Well, it looks like the "deal" for $29.99 is gone. As for the soundtrack, I wasn't really paying attention to it, but it doesn't seem like gohastings ever ran out of stock for this game, so you may get it if you order from them:

http://www.gohasting...u/282992358.uts

It seems to be OOS at gamestop.com, but it looks like it still exists in many physical Gamestop stores. Since they never restocked the game in their online store, it is very likely that you will find the game with the soundtrack in the physical store. (However, it is also very likely it will be gutted as well, so YMMV!) You can see if a store near you has it here:

http://www.gamestop....-historia/88489

It is also in stock on Amazon, but it is unlikely it will come with the soundtrack, since they had reordered the game:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004CVWETI/

Extra Info:

The reviews are still favorable:

http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

The CD that comes with the game actually contains piano arrangements of some of the game's music, not music pulled straight from the game. Amazon doesn't seem to make this too clear, so I though I would mention it for those who care.

Tracklist:

01 - RADIANT HISTORIA
02 - Mechanical Kingdom
03 - Where the Wind and Feathers Return
04 - Blue Radiance
05 - -HISTORIA-

Total Time: 20'46"

Samples here:

http://www.atlus.com.../pre-order.html

Edited by Nitemare25, 20 March 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#2 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:28 AM

I really don't need another DS RPG in my backlog,but I'm really wanting this game. Thanks for the heads up.

#3 Ilikecoldbeverages

Ilikecoldbeverages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:29 AM

Thanks for posting this... I preordered this game a month or two ago, at that time gamestop was the only one I could find offering the CD but now that AZ has it I can cancel and get it through them.

#4 misterpiggybank

misterpiggybank

Too cheap to function

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:31 AM

Cancelled my preorder of this and reordered again. Amazon seems very slow with price adjustment, and sometimes neglecting to change the price completely and just charge you the price before the adjustments.

On a brighter note, it has very favorable reviews on amazon japan. Will definitely be getting this.

#5 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:41 AM

Thanks, I cancelled and reordered as well.

#6 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

thx for this
forgot i cancelled mine to get move my amazon credit to Dragon age 2
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#7 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

Cancelled and re-ordered. Thanks OP. Can't wait for this!

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#8 cmahoney

cmahoney

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:30 AM

That video on amazon sold me, this game looks awesome! Pre-ordered for sure.

Edited by cmahoney, 19 February 2011 - 06:54 AM.

#9 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

still got mine for 24.99 at gamestop using that 10 buck coupon someone tossed out a few months back....

will have it by friday
WOOOO I STINK

#10 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

I'm tempted to pick it up now just because I think I'd dig the soundtrack, despite having a ton of DS games to play already. The time travel thing sounds fun, as well.
Posted Image

#11 Fodder

Fodder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for posting this, I just grabbed myself a copy.

#12 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

thx for this
forgot i cancelled mine to get move my amazon credit to Dragon age 2

I did the same...
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#13 Tom Ato

Tom Ato

Vine Ripened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

I think I'll grab one. I've already heard the soundtrack (don't ask how), didn't seem anything too great to me.
Like video games and bad writing? Then buy my book! Only $.99 for kindle!

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_0

#14 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:38 PM

Thanks. Ordered
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#15 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Time to cancel and reorder. Thanks much OP!

EDIT: Nevermind, they already adjusted the price! Weird, recently, book I have on preorder had a pricedrop and they didn't auto-adjust. Seems random...

I think I'll grab one. I've already heard the soundtrack (don't ask how), didn't seem anything too great to me.

Are you tonedeaf? I've heard some tracks and it was some of the best I've heard in a JRPG in years.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#16 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:43 AM

What's with the cancel and reorders around here? Amazon is supposed to have the preorder price guarantee, and they've had it for quite a while.

#17 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:59 AM

I'm interested but I'll wait a bit longer. The "pre-order" bonus is not a bonus item for pre-ordering. Is something that is shipped with all new copies of the game across all stores. Is just something Atlus do, has nothing to do with pre-ordering.

#18 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:46 AM

Shouldn't matter. it's the price that counts.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#19 mortalgroove

mortalgroove

Embrace The Boognish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:59 AM

Thank you OP.
I needed another RPG in my DS backlog, so I was already on board, but it is great to see the relevant links!
But the mutants that I see
Shine their beauty unto me
I wish you could see them

#20 Eusis

Eusis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

What's with the cancel and reorders around here? Amazon is supposed to have the preorder price guarantee, and they've had it for quite a while.

And it kicked in for my Oath in Felghana CE preorder, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about. If they don't honor it then I imagine contacting CS would have it sorted out anyway.

#21 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

Not sure when I'll get around to this with my backlog but I placed an order for now, thanks OP!

#22 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

Well... I changed my mind. After reading a couple of the reviews. This looks like its going to be a classic for the DS. $29.99 is a good price. Maaaann, I have waaaaaaaaaaay too many games to play! I Haven't even begun the DQ Series, 999, Ace Attorney, Strange Journey, Pokemon, Final Fantasy Series, Zelda Series, and more that I own for the DS. Not counting the PS3 and PSP games. Good times to be a gamer, I say.

#23 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

Well... I changed my mind. After reading a couple of the reviews. This looks like its going to be a classic for the DS. $29.99 is a good price. Maaaann, I have waaaaaaaaaaay too many games to play! I Haven't even begun the DQ Series, 999, Ace Attorney, Strange Journey, Pokemon, Final Fantasy Series, Zelda Series, and more that I own for the DS. Not counting the PS3 and PSP games. Good times to be a gamer, I say.

this will be the next game i play.. (dragon quest 6 still sealed will be bumped back after this one)

will be done with Final fantasy 4 lights by friday (when gamestop ships me this game)

FF 4 lights was a good game until the final battles where they strip you of all crowns meaning your mostly $#$#$
WOOOO I STINK

#24 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

I'm in for one!
Thanks OP!!!

#25 rammeal

rammeal

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

First post here! Hey thanks for the heads up so many games out recently. I was also going to skip out until I saw the price drop. I'll have to put some games I was going to purchase next month on the purchase later list. Sorry Yakuza 4 and 3rd Birthday. I will still get Dissidia 012 though.

#26 newhatter

newhatter

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the tip! I have a question, though:

Anyone know why Amazon is saying that the estimated delivery date is the 24th, even though I chose 1-day shipping, and the game is officially released tomorrow? Is this just the normal delay for processing newly launched titles?

#27 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the tip! I have a question, though:

Anyone know why Amazon is saying that the estimated delivery date is the 24th, even though I chose 1-day shipping, and the game is officially released tomorrow? Is this just the normal delay for processing newly launched titles?

amazon gets the game on the 22th...they always go ALLOW US ONE DAY FOR PROCESSING (be the 23rd) and you get it on the 24th

though if you picked one day shipping there are very good odds you will get it on the 23rd but amazon is just coving their bases
WOOOO I STINK

#28 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

Never heard of this game but yet this sounds really cool. I might as well pick up a copy since I kinda want to have some games to play on my new 3DS when it comes in.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#29 newhatter

newhatter

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

amazon gets the game on the 22th...they always go ALLOW US ONE DAY FOR PROCESSING (be the 23rd) and you get it on the 24th

though if you picked one day shipping there are very good odds you will get it on the 23rd but amazon is just coving their bases

Awesome. Thanks. :D

#30 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

Awesome. Thanks. :D

Everytime I order from Amazon it's usually a day earlier than expected delivery (unless there is shipping problems). Here is a question. Do you guys think this game will keep the same price in the next few days? I just remembered I have the $20 credit from bulletstorm coming and what a great way to use it. :D
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly