Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/20/11 to 2/26/11)

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 Lubis

Lubis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

$5 Gift Card when you buy one of the following OR
$40 Gift Card when you buy two of the following:
In store only. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 7/31/11, except where prohibited.
Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. Valid on Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360, when applicable

$39.99
Just Dance 2
NBA 2K11

$49.99
Dance Paradise

$59.99
Dead Space 2
Call of Duty:Black Ops
Bulletstorm
Killzone 3

Free de Blob Figure when you buy de Blob 2
In store only

#2 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

Is Black Ops and Dead Space 2 MSRP at the store? So if it's 60 each, and you get a $40 GC, that ends up being $40 each. And I'm not including tax

#3 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

Or maybe KZ3 x 2. I *think* TRU lets you double up like that.

It's YMMV. My TRU is super anal about all these deals. I don't remember which sale it was, but I tried to do that once and they wouldn't let me. Sigh.
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#4 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:18 AM

no MVC 3 for this deal? pass

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#5 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

It's not "essentially $40 each plus tax", it's still $120 plus tax. Then you have to buy something else and you save on that.

That explanation on the extra credit is kinda ridiculous...you still have to lay out a lot of money to save a little bit.

ALL of these games will be that price or less within 6 weeks. They ALWAYS are. Not saying this isn't a deal, it is, but still.

#6 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:47 AM

Hmm, something to consider. Not quite B2G1 but not bad for new games. I already have DS2 so I'm limited to KZ3 and Bullet. The rest suck. Like was said do I get them now or wait for a better offer? I can see Bullet dropping sooner, KZ though is a big name and might stick around at full price.

Normally I wouldn't care about more shooters. However I dug out the ol' FnS and have been playing the beta/demo of both games. And in this case it may be better when the game is new than when the community has drifted to other games.

#7 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

In for de Blob!

Great deal on KZ - thank you OP. Played the beta and demo already so $40 is good enough for me. Damn you TRU.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#8 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

Thanks Lubis fpr the info, appreciated.

I think we should leave the maths out from now on, everybody has funny ways to do them, so let's not make fun of each other, lol.

It's more complicated if you factoring in TIME. Remember folks, getting on day one itself also accounts for something.

#9 kevinthechemist

kevinthechemist

Rhymin' And Stealin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:32 AM

in for price matching this at BB for :360: NBA 2K11 & :360:Black Ops, been waitin' for a deal like this
Posted Image

#10 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

Damn.. this is tempting. I definitely want KZ3... but nothing else.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#11 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

Well TRU will be getting my $240 maybe next go around BB. But by getting these day 1 u can beat them and trade them in for high value. Then repurchase at your price to keep them.

Edited by Enuf, 15 February 2011 - 02:13 AM.

#12 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:44 AM

I'm actually quite happy with this deal.

#13 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:54 AM

in for price matching this at BB for :360: NBA 2K11 & :360:Black Ops, been waitin' for a deal like this

i like your avatar :applause:

#14 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

I think we should leave the maths out from now on, everybody has funny ways to do them, so let's not make fun of each other, lol.

They're both kinda right and wrong. Most of us can figure out the math but plenty also foul it up somehow and then we get another ton of posts asking us to clarify. Gift cards are not instant rebates, they apply to a future purchase. I just try to put everything in terms of 'buy one get something', B2G1 or whatever to account for the whole deal. It's $20 short of B2G1 but not bad for new games with ok titles on the list (meaning not limited to GH or $20 and under).

#15 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:31 AM

They're both kinda right and wrong. Most of us can figure out the math but plenty also foul it up somehow and then we get another ton of posts asking us to clarify. Gift cards are not instant rebates, they apply to a future purchase. I just try to put everything in terms of 'buy one get something', B2G1 or whatever to account for the whole deal. It's $20 short of B2G1 but not bad for new games with ok titles on the list (meaning not limited to GH or $20 and under).

That's why I said "effectively". I know it's not $80 out of pocket. It's really not that hard. If you take $40 off this purchase, you don't also take $40 off the purchase when you use the gift card to buy something.

It's funny that that dude said "it's really $120 with tax!". No shit sherlock.

#16 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:46 AM

NBA 2K11 for free (tax of course) if I buy Bulletstorm or KZ3, hmmm....

#17 Ravenduo

Ravenduo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

Really tempted by NBA 2k11 and Bulletstorm...

#18 tekssx

tekssx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:21 AM

I like the storm of bullets

#19 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

I'm actually quite happy with this deal.

I agree - there isn't a better deal out there for KZ3. $45 (after tax approx) is as good as it gets on release day. Yes you have to spend $120 + tax but it's a TRU gift card which is almost as good as cash when you're on this website anyway.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#20 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:23 AM

Bulletstorm and KZ3 would be nice to PM at BB and 80$ plus tax (cause they take the GC off the price right?), but I dont need 2 more shooters. Ill have to hold off and keep my 30$GC for something else.

#21 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:35 AM

I was gonna pass on killzone for now, but since Im getting bulletstorm.... might have to grab killzone for an extra $20... well, in the end. after I buy another game from them... hmmm.

#22 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:42 AM

Math is not a strong suit for some. And as soon as you call someone out Conf, they blow up. Lol.

Why would you price match at BB? If anything they deserve less money for not offering better sales or improving stock.

Another thing to note is while it's similar to K-mart's offer this one doesn't require you to sign up for anything.

#23 NickNorman

NickNorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:44 AM

I read somewhere earlier about someone buying a 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect, and getting a $40 gift card. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:54 AM

I'm seeing a few post from people wanting Bulletstorm. Am I the only one that hated the game or is if just for the GoW3 beta?

#25 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:17 AM

Damn.. this is tempting. I definitely want KZ3... but nothing else.

Go w/ Kmart. They're offering a $20 offer w/ SYWR for KZ3.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#26 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:18 AM

I read somewhere earlier about someone buying a 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect, and getting a $40 gift card. Can anyone confirm this?

That's correct!

It's in this weeks ad.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#27 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:26 AM

Math is not a strong suit for some. And as soon as you call someone out Conf, they blow up. Lol.

Why would you price match at BB? If anything they deserve less money for not offering better sales or improving stock.

Another thing to note is while it's similar to K-mart's offer this one doesn't require you to sign up for anything.

I have a 30$ gift card there and if they take the 40$ gift card off the price like they usually do for people who PM then you would just have to spend 80$ and not have to worry about a gift card to spend.

#28 NickNorman

NickNorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:29 AM

That's correct!

It's in this weeks ad.

That's great, I'll go tomorrow and hope for the best. I saw the $25 card with the $199.99 4GB console, but nothing about the one with Kinect. Thanks!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:53 AM

Is Black Ops and Dead Space 2 MSRP at the store? So if it's 60 each, and you get a $40 GC, that ends up being $40 each. And I'm not including tax

No, that ends up being $60 each, and you get a $40 gift card towards a future purchase.

#30 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:20 AM

With some of the math around here, it's no wonder TRU loves to put out these kinds of deals. Everyone that plans on getting two $60 for $40 each, don't forget to tally on whatever you spend out of pocket whenever you use that $40 giftcard.
Posted Image