• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 electrictroy

electrictroy

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:13 AM

click here:

http://www.gamequest...1008661018.html

troy
Posted Image P.S. And please note that I am not attacking you personally. I think you're a great guy. I just disagree with your idea. ----- FAVORITES: (pre-85) Space Invaders/Asteroids/Missile Command/Berzerk/Pitfall/Indy 500/Defender/Pac-Man Junior ---------- (85-95) Arkanoid, Marble Madness, Pirates!, Elite, Red Storm Rising, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger ---------- (95-05) Final Fantasy 9, 10, Banjo-Kazooie

#2 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:15 AM

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=916235

17.99 used...

i bet it's 19.99 or 24.99 at most retail stores now
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#3 doodle777_98

doodle777_98

Trade me your nes games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:21 AM

i grabbed a new copy at gamecrazy for 17.99. i already traded it though.

Read my Short Stories on deviant Art.
Ebay stuff: I always have stuff on ebay. $2 off shipping for CAGs
swagbucks-468x60.jpg

#4 -^Cro§Bow^-

-^Cro§Bow^-

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:28 AM

Skies is usually $19.99 new at my local GameCrazy..and they always have a copy or two there. And I am talking about the Skies of Arcadia Legends for the Cube. I would get it if I didn't already have it for my DC.

#5 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:44 AM

Skies is usually $15 new at my GC and periodically goes on sale at Fry's for $15 as well. It's normally 19.99 at Fry's though so not too good of a deal OP. Nice try though.

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#6 BrerDan

BrerDan

Total DS Whore!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:57 AM

People often forget that there are MANY of us without a Fry's, Kohl's, Gamecrazy, etc. in their area. I think it's great to point out possibly cheaper deals, but try to remember some of us don't have access to them and thus the original poster might actually be doing a favor. I just worry sometimes that posts like the one below--no matter how friendly--will discourage people from posting when they find stuff.

Skies is usually $15 new at my GC and periodically goes on sale at Fry's for $15 as well. It's normally 19.99 at Fry's though so not too good of a deal OP. Nice try though.

#7 doodle777_98

doodle777_98

Trade me your nes games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:58 AM

People often forget that there are MANY of us without a Fry's, Kohl's, Gamecrazy, etc. in their area. I think it's great to point out possibly cheaper deals, but try to remember some of us don't have access to them and thus the original poster might actually be doing a favor. I just worry sometimes that posts like the one below--no matter how friendly--will discourage people from posting when they find stuff.

that's true. great point.

Read my Short Stories on deviant Art.
Ebay stuff: I always have stuff on ebay. $2 off shipping for CAGs
swagbucks-468x60.jpg

#8 PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster

Sacrilicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:29 AM

When in stock, it's $20 new at EBgames.com

Digital distribution is the death of the preservation of the arts.

Game Collection: http://backloggery.c...r=penguinmaster
Blu-ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...action=overview

#9 Jaket

Jaket

Ask me about my Halo 3 stats

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:32 AM

http://www.estarland...G&product=335

20 new at estarland
still alive

#10 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:46 AM

Stupid question but in searching I haven't been able to tell... what are the differences, if any, between the GC and DC versions of Skies?

#11 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:52 AM

Stupid question but in searching I haven't been able to tell... what are the differences, if any, between the GC and DC versions of Skies?

GC has extra sidequests called bounties... pretty much like fighting a bunch of special bosses. One group is evil versions of the crew. Can't remember the other features off hand.

I believe some people mentioned the sound is not as good in the GC version, though.

#12 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:20 AM

As long as they're not rude, I think it's more important for people to point out places that people can get it for cheaper. While many people aren't near those stores, many people are, so it's helpful to point those out for folks who are near those stores. If people aren't near those stores, well, you've still got the OP.
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#13 boblentil

boblentil

Viva la revolución!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:34 AM

I picked up a used copy for $8 a few days ago at a local joint. It was their only copy, so consider this a defiant wrong-forum brag.

#14 asianxcore

asianxcore

...to the moon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:36 AM

saw it used at EB games the other day for $17.99.

#15 sabin23

sabin23

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:42 AM

publisher can't seem to port these DC games over well... first Grandia II and now Skies of Arcadia.

#16 electrictroy

electrictroy

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:53 AM

The Cube verson has improved graphics & also fewer random battles (thank god), plus extra sidequests. I didn't notice any sound problems. It sounded great on my surround sound system.

Sometimes I think Dreamcast people imagine problems where none exist. Let's be serious..... do you really think a 450MHZ PowerPC-equipped cube, the same system that created the amazing, photo-realistic Resident Evil 4, can not handle a simple 6-yr-old game like Skies? Come on.

The Cube is 2 years more advanced than the Dreamcast. It can run circles around that ancient console.

i bet it's 19.99 or 24.99 at most retail stores now

If you can find it. CAGgrabber listed $40-50 at all the online stores (or out of stock).

BTW, that store I listed in post #1 has a lot of really cheap games. $16-18 typical. I ended up spending $260 for 14 games ($18 each)!!! That will keep me busy until Christmas. :-D

troy
Posted Image P.S. And please note that I am not attacking you personally. I think you're a great guy. I just disagree with your idea. ----- FAVORITES: (pre-85) Space Invaders/Asteroids/Missile Command/Berzerk/Pitfall/Indy 500/Defender/Pac-Man Junior ---------- (85-95) Arkanoid, Marble Madness, Pirates!, Elite, Red Storm Rising, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger ---------- (95-05) Final Fantasy 9, 10, Banjo-Kazooie

#17 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:52 AM

The Cube verson has improved graphics & also fewer random battles (thank god), plus extra sidequests. I didn't notice any sound problems. It sounded great on my surround sound system.

Sometimes I think Dreamcast people imagine problems where none exist. Let's be serious..... do you really think a 450MHZ PowerPC-equipped cube, the same system that created the amazing, photo-realistic Resident Evil 4, can not handle a simple 6-yr-old game like Skies? Come on.

The Cube is 2 years more advanced than the Dreamcast. It can run circles around that ancient console.If you can find it. CAGgrabber listed $40-50 at all the online stores (or out of stock).

Actually, the Dreamcast has advantages over the GameCube for audio. The GC, like the N64 and sharing many of the same engineers who left SGI and formed ArtX, lacks much in the way of dedicated audio functionality. The CPU is called upon to do much of the heavy lifting. The Dreamcast has a dedicated processor and RAM for audio tasks. It's quite strong in that area.

This isn't unusual. The Xbox 360 (and likely the PS3 from the specs shown so far) also forego the sort of dedicated audio processor found in the Dreamcast in favor of letting developers allocate CPU time as they see fit. This means less investment in audio processing hardware that doesn't always get used. For less experienced programmers though it can mean difficulty in getting it working right compared to having a dedicated subsystem that is independently programmable.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#18 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:58 AM

I would easily recommend this to any RPG fan. I played the original DC version and then played this GC version again when Fry's had it on sale for $15 and enjoyed the experience both time.
Posted Image

#19 electrictroy

electrictroy

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:26 PM

I actually bought it *twice*.

I bought it new for $40..... played it..... sold it for $45 on ebay..... and now I bought it back for $25. If I had been smart, I would have kept it, but I didn't realize at the time how inferior other RPGs are.

I really love the music on this game. Very stirring.

troy

#20 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:06 PM

The Cube is 2 years more advanced than the Dreamcast. It can run circles around that ancient console.If you can find it. CAGgrabber listed $40-50 at all the online stores (or out of stock).

Hey, don't knock the 'Cast. It was an amazing system for its time... it still holds up well. Take a look at the amazing technical feat that was Shenmue II.

#21 electrictroy

electrictroy

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:51 PM

Yeah for 1999 Dreamcast was cool, but so was my Commodore Amiga in 1989. The Amiga had multitasking, 4096 colors, CD-quality sound, and ran circles around the 4-color IBM PCs.

But you've probably never even heard of the Amiga.

Technology comes and goes. The Amiga is now history. So is the Dreamcast.

troy

#22 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:09 AM

I've heard of the Amiga, but have not had the pleasure of using one.
Dreamcast isn't exactly history... we're seeing new releases in Japan which are selling reasonably well. I even remember that one month where the DC outsold the Xbox in 2001. ;)

#23 The VGM

The VGM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:50 AM

Yeah for 1999 Dreamcast was cool, but so was my Commodore Amiga in 1989. The Amiga had multitasking, 4096 colors, CD-quality sound, and ran circles around the 4-color IBM PCs.

But you've probably never even heard of the Amiga.

Technology comes and goes. The Amiga is now history. So is the Dreamcast.

troy

Dreamcast still gets new games like the above poster said. And my DC has gotten and will continue to get more gametime than the GC.
Posted Image

FS/FT/Want list. Very low prices! Complete Platinum GBA SP only $50! New DVD's only $8! Now taking offers on my collection! HUGE NOV. 9TH UPDATE!
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=70223

#24 electrictroy

electrictroy

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:04 AM

I've heard of the Amiga, but have not had the pleasure of using one. Dreamcast isn't exactly history... we're seeing new releases in Japan ;)

Really??? Anything good and worth importing?

troy

#25 Ruined

Ruined

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:47 PM

click here:

http://www.gamequest...1008661018.html

troy

shame they never made this for xbox or ps2, i really liked the dc game. o well.

#26 electrictroy

electrictroy

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:41 PM

Look around. You should be able to get a Cube for ~$50. Like I did:

- Bought Cube for $89 on sale
- Sold the free game on Ebay for $35.
- Net price = $54

Then you can play excellent Cube-only games like Skies, Eternal Darkness, Fzero, Metroid Prime, and the new Zelda Realistic.

troy

#27 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:48 PM

Really??? Anything good and worth importing?

troy

Yes. There are many shooters and many, many ports of PC dating sims. I guess it'd be worth it to try out some of the dating sims if you're fluent in Japanase, but there's a good handful of vertical 2D shooters that came are that are just awesome to play.

#28 boozi

boozi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:07 PM

$2 new at CC
まだ勉強しているよ、、、、、

#29 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:51 PM

Yes. There are many shooters and many, many ports of PC dating sims. I guess it'd be worth it to try out some of the dating sims if you're fluent in Japanase, but there's a good handful of vertical 2D shooters that came are that are just awesome to play.

The latest shooter, Chaos Field, was ported to Gamecube and is getting released here so skip over that one. Castle Shikigami 2 already hit here for 9.99.

Psyvariar 2 is very awesome, however.

#30 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:00 PM

You seem to be missing a game that was released after Chaos Field: Trizeal. Another shmup to add to the DC's extensive library that makes it in my opinion the best console for shmups and fighting games, period.