• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

Saints Row Double Pack 19.99

Both games get pretty good reviews. Quick google search says that the pack does not include any of the DLC.

#2 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

pretty good? While I can't vouch for #1, #2 is the best co-op I've had I think.

#3 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

Both games are lots of fun

#4 UnrealZero

UnrealZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

Both games are amazing. Can not wait for 3.

#5 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hmmmmm....
Posted Image

#6 Darkon_X

Darkon_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

God dang it, I just bought a copy of SR2 not too long for about 17 bucks. Should've waited for this.

SR2 has to be played in co-op, so much fun.

Either way thanks kayatai :D

#7 iiinightmar3ii

iiinightmar3ii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

One of my favorite series. This is a fantastic price for both games together. Can't recommend this series enough.

#8 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

Quick google search says that the pack does not include any of the DLC.

Is any of the DLC worth buying for single player or is it just multiplayer type stuff?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#9 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

Is any of the DLC worth buying for single player or is it just multiplayer type stuff?

I must admit I have no idea, hopefully someone who's played the game and DLC can comment for us.

#10 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Saints Row 2 is my most played game on the 360. I cannot believe how much fun that game is. I'm beyond hyped for SR3.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

Didn't know there was a double pack for these. At $19.99 it's an absolute steal.
Posted Image

#12 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

DLC for the second one was horrible, so no worries about it missing.

#13 Dalerax

Dalerax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

Saints Row 2 is one of my favorite games of all time... and I didn't even get the chance to play it co-op. It's that good.

Buy it if you even consider it for just a second.

#14 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

Saints Row 2 is definitely among the best games of this console generation.

#15 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

I can't wait for #3. Hopefully they show some of it soon.

#16 Twin65050

Twin65050

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

Thanks. I might get this since my SR1 is kind of scratched and my SR2 is gone because my sister's boyfriend sold it. (Sold his 360 and forgot to take the game out)

#17 Twin65050

Twin65050

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

I thought the DLC was okay. Way to short for the price though.

#18 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

For anyone who has not played either of these yet, this is an awesome deal. Both games were very fun and with 3 coming out, this is a good way to jump into the series.

#19 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

Awesome games, great deal. I've been a GTA fan since the original on PSX, but was supremely disappointed in GTA4. I found the Saint's Row games to be way more fun, and they felt like they captured the spirit of the 3/VC era GTA games better than 4 did.

#20 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

great deal. And you might as well play them so you know where Cheapy will fit in the story line in the 3rd installment ;)
Posted Image

#21 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

Buy this with some BIG ASS CHAINS!

#22 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

I don't remember what the last GTA I played, but I know it was on PS2 or Original Xbox. It kind of got old quick, seemed like you did the same thing over and over. Also I played Infamous and it seemed kind of like a superhero GTA, and thought it was really underwhelming. Would I not like these games?

#23 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:51 PM

I don't remember what the last GTA I played, but I know it was on PS2 or Original Xbox. It kind of got old quick, seemed like you did the same thing over and over. Also I played Infamous and it seemed kind of like a superhero GTA, and thought it was really underwhelming. Would I not like these games?

they are similar. This game has more variety than the games you listed, IMO
Posted Image

#24 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

I might jump on this if it is still on sale tomorrow. I all ready have the first one but I can get this pack and give my copy to a friend since the resale value is junk.

#25 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

I passed on this for $10 at a pawn shop this past week, if they still have it next week I'll probably grab it. More of a GTA person though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 youngavatar

youngavatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:34 AM

This would of been great deal for me if i didn't have saint row 1(i still need to finish that game)... o wells i will wait until the have saint row 2 for sale.
[URL=http://exophase.com/gamercards/]Posted Image
[/URL]

#27 crushtopher

crushtopher

1 to 1.618

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:40 AM

Am I the only person who thought SR1 was shitty and SR2 was barely an improvement? I didn't buy the hype before SR2 came out and I never saw the appeal once I actually sat down and played it. Co-op or not, SR2 is a boring and repetitive game. Then again, I thought GTA4 was a piece of shit too...

#28 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:42 AM

I liked both games better than GTA, a alot of hours of gameplay for $20
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:42 AM

Am I the only person who thought SR1 was shitty and SR2 was barely an improvement? I didn't buy the hype before SR2 came out and I never saw the appeal once I actually sat down and played it. Co-op or not, SR2 is a boring and repetitive game. Then again, I thought GTA4 was a piece of shit too...

I tried to play SR2 co-op with a friend and we both found the gameplay pretty underwhelming and the controls even worse.

Personally, I was blown away by GT4 at first, but later in the game my mind started to wander. I also felt like the storyline cut scenes brought the game to a grinding halt.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#30 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:16 AM

You're not alone. I found SR2 boring after a while and never finished it up. The missions seem repetitive and the story wasn't compelling. In comparison, I really enjoyed GTA:SA and have played it through twice, once when it came out and again when it went on XBLA sale recently.

I still have my SR2 save file sitting on my hard drive for whenever I find a copy again at the right price, but this isn't it for me. Never bothered with SR1. Decent deal on the twin pack, thanks for the heads up OP.