Photo
- - - - -

Wired PS3 Controllers 2 for $10

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:19 AM

Found this on deals.woot, don't shoot me if the product or site is terrible.

http://www.meritline...---p-47352.aspx

Don't know anything about the controllers themselves, but they have pretty decent reviews. According to the post there, coupon code "MLC247333030133NL1" drops the 2-pack down to $10.00.

Posted Image

#2 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

meritline is great, only complaint is shipping speed (sometimes takes over a month....)

#3 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:43 AM

Hopefully still on sale on friday. Thanks op it will be a decent controller for guest.

#4 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

these are the HK knock off brand I have one and don't recommend it at all, the L3 and R3 needs to be pressed down hard for functioning

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#5 koberulz909

koberulz909

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:41 AM

these are the HK knock off brand I have one and don't recommend it at all, the L3 and R3 needs to be pressed down hard for functioning

Do you have this specific Komodo one? Apparently it doesn't work with updated ps3's 3.55 and up? Is that true? Thanks.

#6 pyromania86

pyromania86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:53 AM

When I go to check out it tells me page no longer exists. Basically not letting me order the product. Guess It's a good thing since I just read it doesn't work with the new update. Wanted one for my PC and one for my PS3. Guess im out of luck unless anyone else is having trouble and could help. thanks!

#7 Sonic9jct

Sonic9jct

Killed His Fairy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

I wouldn't recommend this controller unless you want a cheap second controller you'll rarely use. Its got a very digital feel to it and it breaks down really easilly. Beware.

#8 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:55 AM

Do you have this specific Komodo one? Apparently it doesn't work with updated ps3's 3.55 and up? Is that true? Thanks.

gonna give this a check not sure if its a Komodo but it looks exactly like the one dealextreme sent me

#9 koberulz909

koberulz909

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:56 AM

I wouldn't recommend this controller unless you want a cheap second controller you'll rarely use. Its got a very digital feel to it and it breaks down really easilly. Beware.

My main reason for this was for my little 10 and 12 year old cousins. I'd rather them mess with these rather than my DS3's. Do you know if they work with sony's updated firmware?

#10 koberulz909

koberulz909

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:57 AM

gonna give this a check not sure if its a Komodo but it looks exactly like the one dealextreme sent me

thanks

#11 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:06 AM

I thought it was only wireless 3rd party controllers that the new firmware blocked?

Posted Image

#12 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

3.50 blocked my wired joystick.

I'd bet these are so cheap because they don't work.
FadeToOne.png

#13 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

ps2 controller + cheap adaptor = far superior controllers.

http://www.dealextre...b-converter-789

works with ps1 and ps2 controllers which are like $1-$5 each used.

This is what i use for controllers 3&4 when people are over.

#14 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:12 AM

3.50 blocked my wired joystick.

I'd bet these are so cheap because they don't work.

Weird, my brother plugged his PC gamepad in and it worked like a charm.

Posted Image

#15 koberulz909

koberulz909

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:12 AM

ps2 controller + cheap adaptor = far superior controllers.

http://www.dealextre...b-converter-789

works with ps1 and ps2 controllers which are like $1-$5 each used.

This is what i use for controllers 3&4 when people are over.

I read depending on the quality there is some lag, did you experience this with this converter?

#16 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:14 AM

I read depending on the quality there is some lag, did you experience this with this converter?

I've not experienced any on ps3 but honestly we both usually use the ds3s. Guests never complained.

Using it on the pc there definitely is no lag however, beat a bunch of emulated games using this.

#17 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:16 AM

I'm using a wired third party, I can confirm that this particular controller works. I have the latest update installed on PS3

http://www.dealextre...0cm-cable-32608

#18 koberulz909

koberulz909

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:56 AM

Awesome, thanks everyone! Looks like a good pickup for those who need a cheap disposable controller for guests. Thanks again.

#19 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

Love Meritline; shipping is sometimes slow, but you do get your stuff.

I use a (different than listed above) adapter from Dealextreme; PS2 controllers work great for Little Big Planet 1 + 2 . :)

cagSig.png515886.png

#20 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

All things considered, those controllers seem pretty good for the price. And of course it doubles as a PC controller as well. Does this have SIXAXIS/motion sensing support since some games require it?

#21 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

All things considered, those controllers seem pretty good for the price. And of course it doubles as a PC controller as well. Does this have SIXAXIS/motion sensing support since some games require it?

no, they dont have sixaxis

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#22 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

I actually have one of these controllers and it works great on both my PS3 and PC. For the price, these are definitely worth it as backup controllers to let friends, or younger relatives to use. After a couple month usage, the analog sticks started to get "stuck" and made squeaking noises when there was movement. All that had to be done was apply some white lithium grease to the sticks' and they work perfectly fine now.

#23 homeslicer

homeslicer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:20 AM

does the 3.60 update kill them?

#24 Sonic9jct

Sonic9jct

Killed His Fairy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:11 AM

My main reason for this was for my little 10 and 12 year old cousins. I'd rather them mess with these rather than my DS3's. Do you know if they work with sony's updated firmware?

Last time I checked, they did, however, they don't break from use, they just get really buggy really fast for some reason.