CAGcast #231: Winning

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:21 AM

The gang talks Bulletstorm, Brink, Killzone 3, Knight's Contract, the latest game shopping and industry news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more!

Download - 75 minutes, 45MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Note: Sorry, my audio is less than ideal this week. Will definitely have it sorted out by the next show.

Edited by CheapyD, 02 March 2011 - 03:05 PM.

#2 xombi242

xombi242

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

Awesome reference Cheapy.
The Stern show ruled today and I can't wait to follow it up with a podcast for work tomorrow!
Feel free to kick the crap out of me on my 3DS: 2793-0620-9353

#3 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

Awesome reference Cheapy.
The Stern show ruled today and I can't wait to follow it up with a podcast for work tomorrow!

Wait did stern have charlie sheen on? I saw him on the daily show talking about trying to get him.

#4 xombi242

xombi242

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

You bet he did. Sheen may be on for a followup tomorrow.

#5 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:18 AM

Oh man, anywhere I can listen to it online? I don't get stern on xm it's a ripoff.

#6 xombi242

xombi242

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

I guess you can always grab the best of Sirius package or something.

#7 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

I dunno I'll look into it, maybe he's on the cagcast this week though. Wouldn't be the weirdest place he's been interviewed lately.

#8 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

Nice, I'll listen to this on the flight to GDC.

#9 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

The only time I've known of a reduced-to-free game on Xbox Marketplace was when Undertow was given out to Gold members to apologize because Xbox Live crashed for a couple days. I still have yet to play that game...

#10 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

I believe the last reduced to free XBLA game was Carcassonne and that was for them borking Xbox Live for about a month after NXE came out.

Wombat, I was wondering if you're going to wait a year for the eventual Skyrim GOTY edition or not? It seems like a safe bet considering the last 2 games this generation from Bethesda have had them. I'd bet on a third from Fallout New Vegas, but it's a bit too early to tell.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#11 evantrees

evantrees

rejection and peace tiramisu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:40 AM

woo cagcast and since I've got nothing better to do with them

dragon age legends beta codes

DLXD-W7Q3-B7C2-RTCZ
DLXD-W7Q3-M7ZC-CJVA
DLXD-W7Q3-V8NP-PB3C
DLXD-W7Q3-488Y-KP42

used:
DLXD-W7Q4-FAWA-CTYK

be nice and post if you use em.

I believe to use em search for dragon age legends on facebook.

don't think you can unlock stuff for dragon age 2 playing the beta though.

Edited by evantrees, 02 March 2011 - 05:15 PM.

#12 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

great show guys
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

Ha, Cheapy read my post about the wristbands.
Will probably start wearing mine again
Posted Image

#14 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

Great show! all the talk about Bulletstorm really makes me want to buy it now..I was going to wait for a $20 price point, but the good reviews and talk about the game make it seem like it'd be a pretty fun time.

and I used this code for the Dragon Age beta (thanks evantrees!)
DLXD-W7Q4-FAWA-CTYK
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#15 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

Fashion week moved to Lincoln Center. It is no longer in Bryant Park.

I will go kill a lion with my bare hands to regain the man points i just lost with that statement.

#16 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

Good show. I was actually pretty interested in everything you guys talked about.

Cheapys upcoming games wishlist was pretty good. There's a ton of great stuff coming out this year.

Some other upcoming games that weren't mentioned: Rage, Silent Hill Downpour, Tomb Raider, Dark Souls, Shadows Of The Damned, Alice Madness Returns, and of course...Lego Pirates. All could be pretty good along with everything else mentioned.

#17 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

I think Xbox gave the post for people that signed up for it. i know I got it but my other profile for other members of the family did not get it but it proves my PS3 got much more love.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image14 hours 58 minutes Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageCastle Crashers Posted ImagePosted Image4 hours 26 minutes Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageESPN on Xbox LIVE Posted ImagePosted Image3 hours 25 minutes Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageRock Band 3 Posted ImagePosted Image1 hours 57 minutes

I preordered the Nintendo 3DS, any word if the 3ds will have demos to download?? I am just replacing my DSi. The only launch game I am getting on the 3ds is Lego Star Wars 3: Clone Wars. 1 of the other things they talked about was movies coming to watch on the 3ds. The 3d movie channel was apparently added to the 3ds shopping channel today, watching a 3d movie that only I can watch seems interesting.

Speaking of portable devices, I don't understand the hate for the NGP. Sony has fixed all the issues and are including a 2nd analog stick and still there is haters. Plus you can add all the games that you downloaded to this new handheld. My only sticking point is the price. I won't pay more then $299 and I fear it will be more. I just say reserve judgement on the NGP till we know more maybe at E3 when it would make more sense.

I saw Cheapy's tweet about the PS3 system update while using Plus. Since they update the system update at a certain point of the day, there is no way for it to know that you are playing between the update time and the middle of the night for the auto update. Same thing goes if you play a game and that game has an update and they system was updated in between those times. I was shocked it wasn't mentioned but it's just one of those things that can't be handled any better.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#18 Keegs

Keegs

Owl + Bungee Cord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

Great show as usual. Cheapy, you sound like you're in a tunnel or something this week!
Stoked for Brink. I was a huge fan of the ET games.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

Cheapy you sound like you are inside a box. Did u get a new mic or a smaller room? Everyone else sounds normal to me.

#20 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

Cheapy D is live from Atlantis and I don't mean Atlantis the resort. It sounds like he's hanging out with Aquaman and Namor.

#21 demonhellcat

demonhellcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

Man, why are you guys praising Bulletstorm so much! You're almost succeeding in making go buy a game I initially had very little interest in. I think I can resist for now though, I'll definitely put this one on my list of games to buy once it's $30 or less.

#22 xombi242

xombi242

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

Probably because Bulletstorm is awesome :)

#23 Bawb

Bawb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

Cheapy finally decided to poop while doing the podcast that's all!

Great show and yeah looks like the temptation to get Bulletstorm is everywhere.

#24 StriderNo9

StriderNo9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

LOL once again Cheapy pretends to be open minded but slamming the NGP nonetheless. Also like with almost every PS3 sequel (Looks to God of War III, and Uncharted 2 for examples) the best thing he can say about the game is "it's more of Killzone, it's good, it's Killzone".

I won't beat a dead horse, but maybe people are questioning your will to do this podcast because you are becoming very set in your ways. You know you like the iPhone and iPad and refuse to give anything a shot, you know you like certain games and dislike others, so you go about your business, it's become very stagnant.

The site is called Cheap Ass Gamers, but you usually spend a good amount of time telling us about the money you are spending on iPhones, iPads, 3D TVs, and trips you take. Sort of leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I am pretty sure Ship and Wombat notice it too.

The personal stuff is funny sometimes but add more content to the game discussions, bringing back the CAG deals is a good idea.

Otherwise good show, Ship and Wombat are the real reason for this show, wish they got more props.

#25 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

great show
play pokemon ship and tell us what u think
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#26 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

There is one good take-away from this show . . . . . EVERYONE is jacked for SKYRIM!

#27 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

WTF Cheapy, your audio is shit this week. What happened?
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#28 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

We don't have to imagine if Japan tried to make God of War, Shipwreck. God of War came after and was clearly derivative of Japanese action games like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden.

I'm sure you're right that Knights Contract is crap, though.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#29 shafnitz

shafnitz

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

I was listening to you guys talk about your Raptr stats, so I checked my own. Their numbers are way off. I played Pac-Man CE DX last night for 10 minutes and Raptr says I played for 41. I wonder where they're getting these times from.

Shafnitz.png

#30 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

LOL once again Cheapy pretends to be open minded but slamming the NGP nonetheless. Also like with almost every PS3 sequel (Looks to God of War III, and Uncharted 2 for examples) the best thing he can say about the game is "it's more of Killzone, it's good, it's Killzone".

So what do you want him to do? Create Fake Enthusiasm?

I am not a big fan of my PS3. If i had my own podcast, i wouldn't fake my feelings to make a few fanboys happy. He's being honest and that is all we can ask.