Photo
- - - - -

Dragon Age Origins PC Downloads 50% until 03/07. DA:O Ultimate Edition $19.99

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 realkilla789

realkilla789

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

Amazon has the Dragon Age Origins Downloads for 50% until March 7th. Here's a breakdown.

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition: $19.99
Dragon Age Origins Awakening: $15.99
Dragon Age Origins: $15.99

Obviously, the ultimate edition is the best deal here.

http://www.amazon.co...473I|B00477472O

#2 SkyBird

SkyBird

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

got all excited until I saw that it is just the PC version that is discounted. lame. :P

#3 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

got all excited until I saw that it is just the PC version that is discounted. lame. :P

Same.

#4 realkilla789

realkilla789

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

Same.

Sorry about the confusion guys. Added PC in the title.

#5 Burchamj

Burchamj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

this a code to download with EA Manager? can i just add the code to my regular dragon age to get all the dlc?

#6 shibbyshoo

shibbyshoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

I've never tried downloading PC games off of amazon, will this activate in steam also?
Posted Image

#7 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

I've never tried downloading PC games off of amazon, will this activate in steam also?

No, it will not activate on Steam.

#8 jaredhenry13

jaredhenry13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

No it won't activate in steam: https://support.stea...=7480-wusf-3601
Posted Image[IMG]http://exophase.com/gamercards/][IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/144384.png[/IMG]

#9 robpe36

robpe36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

Can we tell steam to match this? Or do they not ever do that?

#10 xplocvo

xplocvo

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

this a code to download with EA Manager?

I'm also curious if this will work for EA Download Manager. Would be nice to have it included on there.

#11 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

I'm very tempted. Especially considering that anyone who reviewed it said that the best way to play DA was on PC.

#12 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

I might have to bite. I want it on Steam thought :(

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#13 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

I'll wait until the Ultimate Edition hits $15 on Steam.

#14 Marker

Marker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

Not trying to sound like a PC elitist, but for this game PC is the way to go. This is one title that plays very differently from it's console brethren. I've finished the game on PC twice, and I recently completed a playthrough (and a quarter to get all achievements) on the Xbox 360. I started another PC playthrough recently (w/ tons of mods installed) and keep saying to myself "I can't believe I played this on console".

Combat is more tactical, and easier to control w/ mouse and keyboard. Graphics are much better. Also there are hundreds of mods available from dragonagenexus.com that improve the game's looks and functionality.

#15 slqb12

slqb12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

I bought Medal of Honor from Amazon. I had trouble downloading it straight from the site so I tried using the serial key in the EA manager and it worked.

#16 twotimingpete

twotimingpete

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

very tempted by this but I'm to the point where it takes almost an act of god for me to buy a PC game that's not on steam. It's just too much hassle. I only want steam.

#17 captainfrizo

captainfrizo

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

I absolutely loved Dragon Age on the consoles. It's one of my favorite games of this generation.

That said, the PC version is noticeably superior. You can play much more tactically and the modding community is great.

If you haven't played Dragon Age, I'd actually recommend the PC version over the console (although you can't go wrong with either, really). If you've already played it on the consoles and loved it I still recommend it on the PC for mods alone.

#18 UnrealZero

UnrealZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

ugh i want it for xbox

#19 batphantom

batphantom

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

Interesting that Amazon forces a US only policy, while all the others don't region lock their downloads. Or they at least include Canada. It's a shame, I would have jumped on this.

#20 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

I have DAO + Awakening on disc for the PC.
Missing ALL of the DLC, basically.

So....what DRM does the Amazon Download versions come equipped with?

Edited by MysterD, 03 March 2011 - 10:42 PM.

#21 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

I just need Steam to have a deal on Awakenings since I already have the vanilla game on steam. I have all the DLC from my Xbox 360 Ultimate Edition I got from the EA flash deal a couple weeks ago and got it all transferred to PC as well also just like I did with Mass Effect 2 from the Xbox Live Christmas sale.

#22 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

I have $10 amazon download credit that mysteriously showed up, I take it it would work on this?

#23 xplocvo

xplocvo

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

Just to confirm, I bought the Ultimate Edition just now and it did activate on EA Download Manager. :)

#24 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:59 AM

Just to confirm, I bought the Ultimate Edition just now and it did activate on EA Download Manager. :)

What's it DAO:Ultimate from Amazon Downloads use for DRM? Securom?

#25 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:07 AM

Hm... really interested in getting DAO: Ultimate and maybe waiting for it to be cheaper by steam might take awhile.
Posted Image

#26 Burchamj

Burchamj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:54 AM

Are the dulcimer codes seperate? So I could add those to my existing dragon age account t?

#27 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:04 AM

Strange I seem to have a $10 software/video game download credit. This would make it $10. I mean I want it on steam too but really how important is it? I might have to jump! Who's with me!!!!! :lol:
Posted Image

#28 Marker

Marker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:18 AM

I just need Steam to have a deal on Awakenings since I already have the vanilla game on steam. I have all the DLC from my Xbox 360 Ultimate Edition I got from the EA flash deal a couple weeks ago and got it all transferred to PC as well also just like I did with Mass Effect 2 from the Xbox Live Christmas sale.

How did you get all the DLC transferred from 360 to PC?

#29 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:01 AM

Well took the jump because my account had the video game download credit. Well guess what it wasn't applied and it took the whole $19.99 from my gift card balance. If amazon doesn't make this right this will be the last time I purchase from their download store. If a video game download credit doesn't work on a downloaded video game then I do not know what to say at this point. Had I know this would have happened I would have waited on steam!
Posted Image

#30 shingletingle

shingletingle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:02 AM

How did you get all the DLC transferred from 360 to PC?

I'd like to know too.