- - - - -

Kmart ($299) - Killzone 3 160GB PS3 Bundle + MLB 11: The Show + 15,000 SYWR pts

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

Got this from SD "GBAstar"

Starting Tuesday 03/08/11 Kmart will be running a promotion where you can get MLB 11: The Show for free with ANY 160GB PS3 purchase. This includes both the standard slim model and the Killzone 3 Slim Bundle. It is YMMV only because most stores will be sold out of the KZ3 Bundle and they will not be getting any stock in for this promotion.

Also, they are running a seperate promotion where with the purchase of MLB 11: The Show you will also get 15,000 SYWR points ($15 value). You must have a SYWR (Shop Your Way Rewards) card to get the points. This is free. Sign up HERE [shopyourwayrewards.com]

It has been confirmed that both deals will stack so in the end you would get the Killzone 3 PS3 Bundle (includes KZ3), MLB 11: The Show, and 15,000 SYWR points. The points should post instantly if your account was created correctly. You must opt-in for e-mails from SHC.

I am not sure how the stock is for the Killzone bundle.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#2 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

Uhhh... where do you think the guy from SD got the deal in the first place?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=284992

There's a thread for that.

#3 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

lol, CAG > SD > CAG.

Edited by Ogami Itto, 07 March 2011 - 07:31 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

It always amazes me when people make new threads for these awesome deals at Kmart like they haven't been posted a ton in the Kmart thread.

*** I am in no way affiliated with Sears Holding Corporation or Kmart. I just apparently play a Kmart CSR in the KmartGamer CAG thread. ***

If you have a problem with me, PM me so I can ignore it.

#5 padlok

padlok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

It always amazes me when people make new threads for these awesome deals at Kmart like they haven't been posted a ton in the Kmart thread.

This is one time I'm happy about the extra post. The Kmart thread looks all F'd up on my iphone for some reason, so I don't read it unless I'm at a computer. Now I know to check Kmart on the way home tonight.... still a double post but thanks!

#6 BannedEpisode

BannedEpisode

Envious Eyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

Kmart has been going hard in the shaqfuin' paint lately with these deals.
Posted Image

#7 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:07 PM

The ? is can you get Best buy to match the MLB 2011 offer & still get the $50 gift card best buy is offering.

Yes, I know this is YMMV & that according to BB policy they don't price match "bundling offers" but I was able to get them to price match TRU's 2 game giftcard deal 2 weeks ago. All I had to do was ask & show them the printout from this link and 10 minutes later done deal.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=288307

But for a 160 GB PS3, KZ3, MLB 2011 and a $50 giftcard for $300 it's damn sure worth the try. That's basically 3 games for free.

#8 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

The ? is can you get Best buy to match the MLB 2011 offer & still get the $50 gift card best buy is offering.

Yes, I know this is YMMV & that according to BB policy they don't price match "bundling offers" but I was able to get them to price match TRU's 2 game giftcard deal 2 weeks ago. All I had to do was ask & show them the printout from this link and 10 minutes later done deal.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=288307

But for a 160 GB PS3, KZ3, MLB 2011 and a $50 giftcard for $300 it's damn sure worth the try. That's basically 3 games for free.

I am down for trying this as well. EDIT: I dont see BB giving out $50 gift cards anywhere. Where did you get that info?

Edited by wrencrest, 07 March 2011 - 08:23 PM.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#9 FBMrider86

FBMrider86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

I am down for trying this as well.

Add me to that list. I'm gonna hit up Kmart first thing tomorrow morning, and immediately head to Best Buy to see if it'll work. I won't be getting my hopes up though. Surely someone at BB will go 'a PS3, two games, AND $50 GC for $299+tax? Wtf?'.

EDIT* - scratch that, BB's site doesn't show them having any of the KZ bundles in stock. Damn :/

#10 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

How do I acquire $299 in one day? Hmm....

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#11 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

So... apparently we have another CAG snitch... this one named GBAStar...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#12 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

So... apparently we have another CAG snitch... this one named GBAStar...

Add kart007k to that list as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#13 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

I am down for trying this as well. EDIT: I dont see BB giving out $50 gift cards anywhere. Where did you get that info?

page 11 of their weekly ad but it does mention on the reg. 160 GB ps3...regardless for the deal you gotta try too good to pass up just let them know your purchasing the PS3 and you'd rather give BB the $.
Printout the response from BB corp regarding PM'ing this will also work wonders.
here's the link for the BB ad
http://bestbuy.shopl...5&pagenumber=11

Edited by Enuf, 08 March 2011 - 12:47 AM.

#14 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

Did anyone have success at BB?
After having a difficult time giving my money to Kmart and then BB, I went to Walmart and bought the Move PS3 bundle ($350 there) and got The Show 11 for free. Ended up being a better deal for me in the long run. Double the HDD space and an extra Move that I've desperately wanted.
Long story short:
Spoiler

I did end up getting DA:O and DA2 at Kmart though with their respective offers.

Edited by Vader582, 14 March 2011 - 08:34 PM.
grammar

Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#15 mikesgravity

mikesgravity

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

I am so upset I just came across this deal (and I usually check CAG regularly). I want a PS3 AND Killzone AND The Show 11. :( Any chance you guys think this deal will still work? It says my local Kmart has the Killzone bundle in stock.

#16 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

I am so upset I just came across this deal (and I usually check CAG regularly). I want a PS3 AND Killzone AND The Show 11. :( Any chance you guys think this deal will still work? It says my local Kmart has the Killzone bundle in stock.

No. Not this week but I'd bet there will be another PS3 deal fairly soon. They seem to be happening every 2 weeks or so at one retailer or another.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#17 OnettHero

OnettHero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

I'm stupid, didn't read as far as I should have.

Ignore

Edited by OnettHero, 14 March 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#18 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

rumors have been increasing about an impending PS3 price drop as recently as 3/12
link:http://gamrfeed.vgch...rice-hopefully/

so you should continue to see very agressive giftcard/games offers not to mention that this will probably result in a new larger HD ps3 sku. If you see a $75-$100 giftcard offer this should indicate that the price drop is imminent.

The quake in japan may have an effect on a price too

#19 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

I thought I heard one of Sony's factories was destroyed in the quake. If true, that may influence Sony's decision to drop the PS3 in price.

#20 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

Is this deal still active?

I find myself needing a ps3

deals dead but TRU is offering a $20 giftcard w/purchase of the 120 GB PS3. The best possible deal in store right now would be to price match this at BB since they'll deduct the $20 off the $300. I'd try to get them to take if off the 160 GB KZ3 bundle since they may not have the 120 GB in stock YMMV. Let the rep at BB know that you'd really rather give BB the $.

TRU ad scan link:
http://toysrus.shopl...=ToysRus-110313

#21 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

Kmart will be offering a $50 gift card in a couple weeks.