• Administrators

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:00 AM

http://www.amazon.co...creative=390957

#2 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

gah. kinda want this just to have a sealed copy. maybe later this week theyll have a majin dotd...still need that game.

#3 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

Not a bad price

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#4 Moltres423

Moltres423

Not easy being meaty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

On the fence. Can anyone compare this game to any other out there to win me over?

#5 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥Bleed Arsenal Red♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

On the fence. Can anyone compare this game to any other out there to win me over?

This. I think i'll read a few reviews

heavyd814eva.png

#6 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

Beautifully crafted game all around. Bought it for $40 and no regrets. Almost criminal to not buy it at $14.99.

Whether or not you're a fan of Beyond Good and Evil, Enslaved instills the same sort of sentiment - an amazing game that most people missed, never knew of or gave much thought to.

Do yourself a favor and bite the bullet.

#7 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

This game is fun to watch and not to play IMO.

The gameplay is just so...bleh. The movement isn't responsive and the platforming and combat really aren't any good.

The story/graphics are the only things the game has going for it. I paid $13 honestly wish I wouldn't have gotten it. People are saying it was the most underrated game of last year and things along those lines, but I don't really think it's worth playing unless there's absolutely nothing else to play, which with all the great games that have come out this year so far, being nothing else to play doesn't really seem to be the case.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#8 illini1010

illini1010

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:27 AM

for you guys on the fence, this might help.
http://www.giantbomb...e-west/17-3274/

#9 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:28 AM

One of the better experiences I had last year. It is a pleasure all the way through. If people don't buy it at this price, they deserve to be raped by monkeys while they sleep!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#10 htown01

htown01

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:32 AM

Damn, $14.99 for Enslaved? Amazing. I've heard and read several good things about the game here on CAG and other sites. I'm in. Thanks :D

#11 cmahoney

cmahoney

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:42 AM

Bought this game for $14 back in December and I definitely think it's worth it for this price.

The game is very easy and all the platforming is automated, but the characters, voice acting and story are all very enjoyable.

#12 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

It is ridiculous that people are debating whether or not to jump on this game for $14.99 but they'll buy utter garbage for $9.99 or less. This game is awesome, buy it.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#13 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

In for one. Good thing I passed on K-mart's deal and waited for Amazon to drop it at this price, with all the credit I have.
Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^ Amazon gift card count so far: $650 ^^^

#14 brentaw

brentaw

Taco Vendor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Does this game have the CheapyD seal of approval?

#15 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥Bleed Arsenal Red♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

I'm all about the story tbh - gameplay, graphics and all that other stuff is never an issue for me. I keep hearing that the story told here is a very good one - quick question people, what makes this particular story so compelling?

heavyd814eva.png

#16 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

in for one, thanks op

#17 ninjalunchbox79

ninjalunchbox79

WTF?!?!?!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

One of the better experiences I had last year. It is a pleasure all the way through. If people don't buy it at this price, they deserve to be raped by monkeys while they sleep!

Ill bite & get it cuz of this statement . . . . I wouldnt want that to happen to my azz!!! LOL

#18 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

Got a copy last year for $20. Still havent opened it, maybe I will play it next. Seems like a lot of people have great things to say about it.

KneeKnee.png

#19 axem5

axem5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:01 AM

i rented this game and beat it and want to buy is so i can replay it and also play the awesome looking DLC

#20 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

looks nice ,

Games My life..8.gif

#21 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

It is ridiculous that people are debating whether or not to jump on this game for $14.99 but they'll buy utter garbage for $9.99 or less. This game is awesome, buy it.

QFT !!! :applause:

#22 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

For those on the fence, the framerate stutters a bit on the PS3 version. But the combat is akin to a God Of War/Dante's Inferno type game.

Good game overall, but I'm glad I only paid about $23 for it back in November and traded it in as soon as I was finished. Unless you're a trophy whore or want to play the DLC for it there's nothing to do after the game ends.

And the ending....is.....<bites lip>.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#23 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

The game has flaws, but it tells an excellent story and has really good characters. I also loved the DLC.

Honestly though, there aren't many games I wouldn't buy for $14.99.

#24 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

i'm gonna need more convincing. there a reason it dropped so fast.

#25 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

Edge review: "Enslaved’s greatest achievement is standing out in the crowded field of me- too, colour-sapped videogame apocalypses, serving as a vibrant oasis in the otherwise murky brown wastes."

Digital Foundry gives the edge to the 360 version (big surprise), for those making a platform choice.

#26 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

Great game. Paid $25 for it a few months ago and had no issues with that price. I'll give my 2 cents for anyone on the fence.

I don't think it's a game for everyone (what game is?), but probably something you will appreciate more if you can enjoy the experience of a game (the environments, story, presentation, etc) more than the actual challenge it provides. Enslaved isn't a particularly difficult game. The platforming channels a lot of the Uncharted-esque automation, and the combat, while passable, doesn't have a whole lot of depth to it (though the game has an upgrade system which allows you to add more moves to your arsenal as you progress). I still found combat to be fun and it certainly didn't hamper my overall experience with the game, but as it stands, there are a lot of Action games that probably do combat a lot better than Enslaved. But to me, I think there are very few that match it's overall presentation. The facial animations are top notch, the story and overall premise were quite intriguing, and while it probably doesn't boast the best graphics on PS3/360, it's still is a pretty good looking game. Overall a very enjoyable experience, and if the issues I mentioned aren't a complete turnoff to you, then I definitely recommend picking it up for $15.

#27 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

I think it's a good game, and worth the $15, but only if you didn't already buy Nier, which is much, much better.
Posted Image

#28 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

i'm gonna need more convincing. there a reason it dropped so fast.

It's a Namco game that sold like crap, of course it dropped fast.

http://www.metacriti...he West/results

The reviews for it are fantastic, no reason not to get it at $15.

You could also try the demo, it has the opening level/tutorial.

#29 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

It's a Namco game that sold like crap, of course it dropped fast.

http://www.metacriti...he West/results

The reviews for it are fantastic, no reason not to get it at $15.

You could also try the demo, it has the opening level/tutorial.

Yeah. I don't get why people "need" others to convince them. No users here have any stake in whether someone else buys any of these games. Nobody honestly gives a shit if anyone else buys the game or not. If you want to find out why the game's price is dropping fast and whether or not it is a good game, feel free to look for yourself. Metacritic and game sales figures are but a keystroke away.

#30 ya0

ya0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

ahhh was gonna wait till ten but amazon prime why not

Posted Image

Posted Image