Photo
- - - - -

The March Madness 2011 Thread

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#1 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

Didn't bother with a season thread this year as it floundered last, but the March Madness period got a decent amount of posts last year--so here's this year version.

Brackets were announced around 6 pm, and here's a link to them:

http://espn.go.com/m...rnament/bracket

Tough draw for my alma mater--WVU. 5 seed and get UAB or Clemson (play in game) in the first round and then probably Kentucky. Then overall #1 seed Ohio State if they manage to get through those two games.

Notable snubs this year were Colorado and Virginia Tech. Lot of bitching over UAB and VCU getting in over those two.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

Come on San Diego State!

#3 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:58 AM

Didn't bother with a season thread this year as it floundered last, but the March Madness period got a decent amount of posts last year--so here's this year version.

Brackets were announced around 6 pm, and here's a link to them:

http://espn.go.com/m...rnament/bracket

Tough draw for my alma mater--WVU. 5 seed and get UAB or Clemson (play in game) in the first round and then probably Kentucky. Then overall #1 seed Ohio State if they manage to get through those two games.

Notable snubs this year were Colorado and Virginia Tech. Lot of bitching over UAB and VCU getting in over those two.

I think the play-in games this year might actually be worth watching. I also like how they didn't just give the winners of those to the #1 seed. However, I am surprised that they only gave two games to two brackets, as opposed to one each.

I really hope Kentucky can make another good run, but I don't think this is the year for that team. I wish they would've pulled out some of those nail biters, where they lost 6 games by 13 points. Only one game that they were outclassed and that was UConn. They caught fire at the right time of the season, but I don't think that will carry them too far. Would love to see them make it to Newark or further, but I'll be happy if they start off with a win and look good. Then I will go game by game.
Posted Image

#4 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

THE University of Kentucky....

:whee:

#5 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:43 AM

Yes, finally a college basketball thread. I'm pulling for Louisville but I think Ohio State will win.

#6 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:52 AM

Definitely, not going to be an easy road to Houston potential match-ups of George Mason, Kentucky, Syracuse/UNC then Final Four could be Duke/UNCONN/Texas with the final probably Kansas. However, I think this is the year so Buckeyes all the way baby!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:08 AM

Definitely, not going to be an easy road to Houston potential match-ups of George Mason, Kentucky, Syracuse/UNC then Final Four could be Duke/UNCONN/Texas with the final probably Kansas. However, I think this is the year so Buckeyes all the way baby!

I don't think UCONN is going to make it.The team is full of freshmans,and sophomores with Kemba Walker leading them.If he has a bad night then there mostly likely going to lose.I think the final four will be Duke/Kansas/UNC/and BYU.

#8 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

I'll be cheering for Morehead. No particular reason. I just like chanting it. :razz:

card.png

#9 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:12 AM

I'll be cheering for Morehead. No particular reason. I just like chanting it. :razz:

Spoiler

#10 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:39 AM

Is there going to be a CAG March Madness this year?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

No way Duke gets to Final Four. They are too one dimensional this year. My team (FSU) and VTech both easily exposed them.

My final four picks are Ohio St, UConn, Kansas, BYU. With Ohio St beating Kansas in the Final.

I feel bad for Virginia Tech. They really got screwed.

#12 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

UConn's my team but they are going to be tired from the 5 games in 5 days thing. They have to be. If they can get by the first and 2nd rounds though, watch out!

Look for Belmont to pull and upset. And Richmond. Probably a bunch more too. Now I need to go pick my bracket :)

#13 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

Spoiler

Looks like I'm moving to Kentucky.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#14 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

I'll make one now, and post info shortly.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#15 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

http://cheapassgamer...cbssports.com/e

That should be the link to the group. Password is cag1234

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#16 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

I'm happy three teams from my state got in Michigan, Michigan State, and Oakland. I hope Oakland has a good run. I love how all these folks think Ohio State is going to win when have one of the shortest benches in the Nation all they have to do is get in foul trouble and its over for them.

#17 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:24 PM

Really hope BYU makes it to the final four. I'm nervous without Davies though. But hell, when Jimmer's busy dropping 52 I don't think they seem to notice too much.

Rooting for them and Texas this year, but they get a tough draw against dook in the sweet sixteen. Not sure who I want in that matchup. I always end up picking my teams to do well and getting burned every year haha. (Remember Syracuse vs UVM a few years ago? 06 maybe? had cuse in the Final 4 and they got upset in the first round lol)

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#18 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

It's in the contest forum like it is every year.

Link for the lazy: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=289394

#19 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

BYU has zero shot fellas. The fact they got a 3 seed is a joke.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#20 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

I'm pulling for Notre Dame, but its going to be hard for them to get to the Final 4.

I have Utah State causing some upsets, biggest getting to the elite 8 by beating Pitt.

The only other upsets I have are Richmond over Vandy, and Belmont beating Wisconsin.

#21 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:40 AM

BYU has zero shot fellas. The fact they got a 3 seed is a joke.

Sir let me introduce you to one Jimmer Fredette. As long as that dude is healthy, they have plenty of chance.

#22 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:17 AM

BYU is also in a pretty weak bracket IMO.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#23 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:36 AM

Making my bracket now. If not for UConn being red hot, I'd be tempted to pick Bucknell over them.

card.png

#24 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

WVU takes care of Clemson 84-76. Now to focus on work! :D

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#25 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:43 PM

So will CBS no longer cut away to games in progress? I get the impression they aren't going to show me any of the Butler game, they keep mentioning "True TV" as if I am able to tune in such a channel, were it to exist. Why not put the games on Oxygen ffs?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

TBS, TNT, and TruTV are also showing games on TV, so there are enough channels at any one time to cover every game.

They're also streaming every game here.

#27 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

They wound up going to ODU/Butler with :36 left. Cutting it a little too close IMO.

I know they've got them all covered through cable, but in the past CBS would hop around and show the really good, close games as they were in progress. That's changed, a little. Guess they gotta bump up those True TV numbers.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

That's because they've got other networks covering those games, so they don't need to constantly switch between games unless their current game is over early.

#29 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

There are 2 versions of TruTV on DirecTV. It's not an uncommon channel.

I picked Clemson and ODU. Damn. Bill Plaschke's bracket is fucked now, too.

#30 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

They wound up going to ODU/Butler with :36 left. Cutting it a little too close IMO.

I know they've got them all covered through cable, but in the past CBS would hop around and show the really good, close games as they were in progress. That's changed, a little. Guess they gotta bump up those True TV numbers.

I think it's much better this way since now with cable or satellite you can watch all of every game.

Add in online streaming if you have broadband and you can have 2+ games going at all times.

Love it personally. Sucks if you don't have cable/satellite, but that's the norm. If you're a big sports fan, having cable or satellite is a must.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection