CAGcast #233: Earthquaked!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:55 AM

CheapyD talks life in Tokyo during the quake, Ship talks Homefront, and Wombat just talks. We've also got the latest industry and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more!

Download - 78 minutes, 47MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

#2 MattJ1991

MattJ1991

Cheap Ass Matthew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:06 AM

Glad to see you're okay enough out there to make a CAGcast Cheapy! As soon as I saw the news my thoughts went to you and your family and I'm very happy to see that you're okay, I know we've never talked or anything but listening to you for years has made me care about your well-being.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:06 AM

Not even an 8.9 quake can stop Cheapy D. :)

#4 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:11 AM

Glad to see you were able to crank out a CAGcast this week.

Curse you for using Rebecca Black.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#5 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

Why don't we get a bonus picture anymore?
Posted Image

#6 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:32 AM

Why don't we get a bonus picture anymore?

Special for you:

Posted Image

#7 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:38 AM

loving the podcast and I blame cheapy for the earthquake, Just like the guy in titanic saying not even god could sink this ship.

#8 OVERKILL1972

OVERKILL1972

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:41 AM

Thanks for recording a Cagcast! I wasn't expecting one this week for obvious reasons.

#9 Cheese

Cheese

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:46 AM

Cheapy has the musical tastes of a high school girl. Noted.
www.houseoftwelve.com

#10 brentaw

brentaw

Taco Vendor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

I still want to know wombat's opinion on male whoring.

#11 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

Excellent will give me something to listen to while I'm at work tomorrow

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#12 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:02 AM

Best of luck and be safe. You're the closest thing I got to friends in Japan.

Also your a trooper for helping donate so much.
Posted Image
"Come on! It's only a Dollar!"

Goozex | Twitter |
Website | Data-Cast Podcast | Facebook | XBL Gamer Card | PSN ID

#13 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

Oye Cheapy, muchacho, como que una hora y despues en Raptr te dice cuatro? Ese terremoto te dejo loquito, broki, no vaciles.

Now, seriously, Cheapy sounds a bit "off", but it's understandable. As usual, great job, guys. Hope everything gets better for everyone in Japan. I'll donate some money through CAG as soon as I get paid (next week, since I'm broke after paying the bills this week).

#14 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

Damn Cheapy, even in the face of disasters you bring us a new podcast? I hope you realize that you've now set a precedent, If you can make a podcast after earthquakes and tsunamis, you can NEVER miss another week. ;)
Thanks, here's hoping you and your family stay safe in the face of all this.
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#15 demonhellcat

demonhellcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

Not even an 8.9 quake can stop Cheapy D. :)

Actually they upped the estimate to a 9.0. And since the richter scale grows exponentially a 9.0 is about 450 bazillion times stronger than an 8.9. Of course that is an estimate on my part, and yes, bazillion is a real number.

#16 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

Here's how you know Cheapy is going to hell --- "Don't pray for us, send money to Japan (18:08 mark)".

#17 fahq1977

fahq1977

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

Best to you, your family, and your countrymates, Cheapy. Thank you for keeping us connected to a world we see only in pictures and with people who need good karma and all the support we can muster.

#18 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

Protip: If you wanna mess with Shippy, give him some Dr. Pepper.

For the DA2 Metacritic controversy, I've been loving the game and all those user reviews on Metacritic were backlash for the changes they made to the game since I doubt anyone could complete the game the day it came out. DA2 was being lambasted before it was even out in many forums. A lot of people only judged the game from the demo which was a poor representation of the full game anyway. So yea, no one gives a shit about user reviews about Metacritic. F them.

Btw, I'm shocked there was no discussion about DA2 at all except for the controversy. Maybe next week?

Edited by LiK, 17 March 2011 - 01:24 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#19 SoxFan13

SoxFan13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

As usual, great show. I've gotta add that I was pretty excited about getting my Cyndi Lauper tweet mentioned on the show. Good to know that you're still in a mood to laugh at terrible jokes, Cheapy.

Shipwreck- I had the exact same "Tetris" problem with Slam Bolt Scrappers! I think this game could be really great with four people in the same room. "However, it's similar to Smash Bros. in that the craziness of it all is lost over the internet.

Edited by SoxFan13, 17 March 2011 - 01:37 PM.

#20 Darth Sontin

Darth Sontin

Ostrava of Boletaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Good to hear everything is okay in Japan Cheapy.

The part you guys aren't accounting for regarding 5% of games in 2010 being rated "M" is that another 5% were rated "T" and the other 90% were rated "E" shovelware motion games.
Posted Image

#21 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

cant wait to hear
DL now
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#22 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

dissidia 2 demo (not calling it by it's proper name...too lazy to care). it's sort of square's attempt to do the case zero thing. standalone storyline and bonus unlockable content (costume for tifa).

#23 PastaGabe

PastaGabe

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

Cheapy, I love how you say "nuclear" :D

#24 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

Cheapy, you totally could have played it off as the 'swaying buildings' are popular. Anyway great show, I'm glad to hear the cheapies are safe and unscathed. I'll be looking forward to future reports from my man in Japan about the recovery of the country.

#25 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

Here's how you know Cheapy is going to hell --- "Don't pray for us, send money to Japan (18:08 mark)".

This had me laughing. I hate when people just send their "wishes" or wear bracelets or send texts or whatever. They do NOTHING. You want to make an effort, send money. Sounds wrong, but when it comes to something like this, or curing disease, etc...money is what helps.

Glad to know you and your family are safe Cheapy

#26 The Notorious ROB

The Notorious ROB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

Cheapy, hope everything gets better fast.

Wombat, LI gets flooded..

#27 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

Great podcast, Cheapy. It's interesting to here the reality in Tokyo vs the US media. They were reporting all the stores there are barren of food and water.

I have to say though, I thought your prayer comment was quite disrespectful to people of faith. I understand if you meant that prayers alone are not enough. Money is needed too, but it came off as you saying prayers are worthless and do nothing to help. Maybe most of your listeners are atheists, but some of us do believe in prayer. At least it shows that we do care about the Japanese ppl.

#28 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

Wombat, the UCLA girl wasn't removed from school for her video. The video responses to it were hilarious, though. Here's the original video if you still haven't seen it Cheapy:

And this is the best parody I've found:

Anyway, it was a great show. I'm glad to hear you and your family are safe Cheapy. I live in California, so whenever a big quake happens, you'll always hear discussion from news stations about when it will be our turn. :-(

I hope the nuclear situation doesn't get any worse for Japan.

#29 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

Wow, that was pretty classless of Lisa G squeezing in an iPhone app plug during an interview about the earthquake. And why the hell did she want to hear the television?

I know, right? I wish doctors would stop relying on surgery and medicine and would just start praying more.

#30 GaryZero

GaryZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

Not to be crass or tasteless but I was surprised when everyone said what they had for problems Ships says tornados, Cheapy says earthquakes and Wombat says nothing or snow. Did you forget about the terrorists? It just seemed like the thing Wombat would say and he didn't.

Cheapy I'm very happy you guys are safe!
Posted Image

Posted Image

XBL: ZERombie / PSN: GaryZero / OnLive: ZERombie