• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Deserves it own thread, credit here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=289775

Sold by a third-party but fulfilled by Amazon so all their shipping/return policies apply

Trade-in value is $9 also

Edited by jacknicklson, 21 March 2011 - 05:49 PM.

Posted Image

#2 PotatoGuy

PotatoGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

This has to be worth ten bucks. Might as well add it to the stack.

#3 Favocado

Favocado

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

Awesome. I've been eyeing this game for a while now and for 9.99 I can't resist.

#4 pitflyer

pitflyer

Oh Noes! We choked again!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

In. Thanks!

#5 Excast

Excast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

Nice price for a decent RPG....I might have to step up for this too.

#6 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

In for 1! Thanks OP =)

Needed another cheap game to add to my recently bought PS3 =D
Posted Image

#7 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

I bought this for $20 a while back. Awesome game. Definitely worth it.

#8 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

Finally, the correct price for this game.

Not a bad game IF you're in love with the JRPG genre; but if you're not, stay far away: this game is as boring as sin. Super linear with way too much childish melodrama, slow pacing, and way too many cut-scenes. Battle system is slightly unique, but not enough so to carry the whole game. Minimal amounts of gear and character building round out the entire package of "meh".

Like I said: good game IF you're in love with the JRPG genre; anyone else--including people on the fence--can find much better ways to spend their gaming time and/or get their JRPG fix. People seem to put this game on a pedestal b/c of the lack of good JRPG's these days, especially on the PS3. It doesn't deserve to be on a pedestal.

Just my two cents, though I'm sure people will be flaming the hell out of me.

#9 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

Not a bad game IF you're in love with the JRPG genre; but if you're not, stay far away: this game is as boring as sin. Super linear with way too much childish melodrama, slow pacing, and way too many cut-scenes. Battle system is slightly unique, but not enough so to carry the whole game. Minimal amounts of gear and character building round out the entire package of "meh".

Like I said: good game IF you're in love with the JRPG genre; anyone else--including people on the fence--can find much better ways to spend their gaming time and/or get their JRPG fix. People seem to put this game on a pedestal b/c of the lack of good JRPG's these days, especially on the PS3. It doesn't deserve to be on a pedestal.

I haven't played the game yet (I do own it), but I been feeling "meh" about JRPG's since I bought my PS3. I bought it at $20 but I am sure it's easily worth $10.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#10 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

Easy purchase.

#11 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

*No* Trophies in the PS3 version of this.

$10 is my pricepoint, but my backlog says I'd never get a chance to play it. :(

cagSig.png515886.png

#12 DemiFiendRSA

DemiFiendRSA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

That is indeed a good price for a console JRPG. Dam, I bought this when it was $20 few months ago and I still haven't played it yet. I wished I had waited on this. :wall:Yeah, so much for the game being "out of print" and likely hard to find.
Save $5 off your first purchase at glyde.com

#13 shadou

shadou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

I got this when it was $30, since I bought into that out of print reasoning (not falling for that again). It reminds me at bit of Tales, and I got it for that reason. I can't say it was worth that amount of money, but for $10 that certainly is a deal. It's not a bad game, even if the story may be odd or incoherent at times.

#14 Jinchuriki

Jinchuriki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

Yeah no trophies but who gives a Fuck, its better than your average RPG and 3 people can play together offline.
Epileptic Gaming! Bitches
http://djwheat.tv/

#15 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

awsome. Got it.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#16 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

I bought this last month for 16.99, thinking it wouldn't get any lower from Hubbagames. Dammit! 9.99 is a no brainer.

default.png2.png

#17 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

Bought it.

If I don't like it, I'm sure some CAG will be more than willing to buy/trade it from me. That's why I love this website!

#18 KevinMassacre

KevinMassacre

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Deserves it own thread, credit here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=289775

Sold by a third-party but fulfilled by Amazon so all their shipping/return policies apply

Trade-in value is $9 also

Glad so many people were interested. Keep you eyes on the amazon prime deals thread for more deals like this, I am pretty good about keeping it updated.
Posted Image

#19 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

If only you would update the first post
;)

I kid, I kid
Posted Image

#20 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

Great deal, thanks for posting it in a separate thread!

#21 battra92

battra92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

It's a good game for $10 but I hope you like characters that are longer winded than Hamlet.

I really should finish this game. I'm right near the freaking end!

#22 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

Nice deal , thanks op

Games My life..8.gif

#23 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

I finished this for the 360 long ago. If you are a fan of jrpg's then get it. If you only buy the good jrpg's, don't bother. This game starts out fun and it is quite charming with the beautiful art but that only lasts so long. There are a couple of dungeons that are simply long and annoying. One towards the begining is a maze and most people will probably use a walkthrough on it. This game makes you wonder why jrpg's stick to the 'save points' when we all know that modern consoles are capable of saving anywhere in games.

This quickly introduces the typical 'evil empire'. The game becomes a boring chore to get through about halfway through. After forcing yourself through the middle part of the game, the over-all empire story is tied up in a confusing package and that story plot is quickly abandoned...the ending is fine. If you have seen any anime series with a wtf ending then you know what to expect.

Non-jrpg fans will hate this game. As a jrpg fan, I thought it was alright and well worth $10 but don't expect the game's charm to be enough to make the entire experience enjoyable. For a fan, it's worth a play through. You have to play through it twice to do everything. I couldn't bring myself to play it again.

#24 mickleohb

mickleohb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

Decisions, decisions. I've thought about getting this game for a while, but I'm still trying to work though my backlog. I'm starting to come to the realization that I won't get to play all the games I want to, but I'm still a sucker for deals! . . . And JRPGs!

#25 cecilvaliant

cecilvaliant

King of CF Vanguard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

i had a feeling one day this would hit 9.99, good thing i waited for a while and i just recently beaten Star ocean 4 so in for 1!

#26 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

Bah picked this up at the AWD for 12.99 couple weeks ago Haha go figure. While the story may seem childish or melodramatic the art style is wonderful. I would say worth $10 easy.

#27 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

Agree 100%. I'm not a massive JRPG fan, but I have played and enjoyed my fair share the last couple of generations. This one was definitely not one of them. The childish melodrama was the worst aspect of the game. Going in, I was intrigued by the concept behind the story, but the script was just so god awful that it killed it for me.

#28 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:45 PM

Damn! I bought this for about $17 new awhile back, and still haven't had a chance to open it.

#29 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

is the co-op engaging enough for play?

#30 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

On the title page of Amazon, it says $9.99, but when you go to the cart, it comes up as $15.99
Posted Image