Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/20/11 to 3/26/11)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 gamererik

gamererik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

buy crysis 2:360::ps3: get a 10 dollar gift card also get 20 dollars of one off the following game
dragon age 2
bullet storm
need for speed hot pursuit
fight night champion
dead space 2
fifa soccer 11

buy a 4gb xbox 360 get a free wireless controller
250gb slim hard drive $99.99 after 30 dollars instant savings
xbox live 12 month code $44.99
halo reach controller $39.99
Xbox 360 controller with transforming d pad and charger $54.99
xbox 360 wireless headset $39.99

free avatar item with purchase of top spin 4

#2 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Crysis 2 comes w/500 bonus points($10) for pre-ordering already so w/the giftcard it's basically $40 and DA2 didn't come with anything on release so I'm in.
Crysis 2 & DA2 for $80($74 w/coupon) plus rz points

Use this RZ 10% coupon save at least another $6 not sure if 10% would come off DA2.
link:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=289516

hmm, guess the BB gaming rep wasn't BSing when he told me to expect much more agressive gaming deals soon.

Edited by Enuf, 13 March 2011 - 12:46 PM.
Added BB coupon link

#3 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

best buy is starting to lose to Kmart, its obvious.

#4 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

is buying a vanilla DA2 worth it? i mean the sig edition came with tons of stuff, and soon there will be more DLC, and an ultimate edition is bound to arrive with over $60 in DLC, isnt it just better to wait?

#5 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

is buying a vanilla DA2 worth it? i mean the sig edition came with tons of stuff, and soon there will be more DLC, and an ultimate edition is bound to arrive with over $60 in DLC, isnt it just better to wait?

If you WANT to wait then yes, I'm sure there will be an ultimate edition. I'd rather just play it now though :lol:

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#6 Ktraze

Ktraze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

of course, especially with EA rpg games, its always a better deal to wait for the complete package, but can you really wait another year for the complete release?

#7 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

Not Kmart Amazon & Newegg here's the story
http://finance.yahoo...rst-yet-to-come

the_ENEMY_
why wait a yr to play the game if you really want it grab it at $40 play it awhile trade it back in for $30-$40 then get the ultimate edition down the line.

#8 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

I read from IGN that the ps3 version of crisis 2 has a lot of franerate issues...if that gets cleaned up I'll get that and dragon age 2

#9 isofan1

isofan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

the_ENEMY_
why wait a yr to play the game if you really want it grab it at $40 play it awhile trade it back in for $30-$40 then get the ultimate edition down the line.

Here's why,

Go to BestBuy to buy something that a store clerk needs to bring out.

Wait literally an hour before they actually get to you then and 5 mins for them to bring out your item...

Wait another 20 mins waiting in a line to check out...

and by the time you walk out you realize what a hassle and waste of time it is to go shopping in stores.

BestBuy has terrible customer service too, I've had assholes tell me I'm wrong when it came to specific deals, only to go through checkout, comeback to the asshole who wouldn't help and tell them what morons they're for not doing their job by reading up on their own deals.

#10 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

Here's why,

Wait literally an hour before they actually get to you then and 5 mins for them to bring out your item...

and by the time you walk out you realize what a hassle and waste of time it is to go shopping in stores.

BestBuy has terrible customer service too, I've had assholes tell me I'm wrong when it came to specific deals, only to go through checkout, comeback to the asshole who wouldn't help and tell them what morons they're for not doing their job by reading up on their own deals.

BestBuy and KMart are interchangeable in that rant.

TheVila.png

#11 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

Here's why,

I thought you were referring to paying $40 for a $60 game now knowing in 12-14 months there will be a ultimate edition for $60. Overall, BB's gaming section is the best compared to walmart/kmart/target/sears.

#12 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

Not sure what state you live in but in PA/NJ/DE new releases are right in the vg section...Princeton NJ does have a "cage" at the checkout though. Although some high theft items(16 gig mem sticks in plastic cereal boxes) have been "excorted" to the cashier before.

I never stood in line that long unless it's holiday season or I'm price matching mulitple items usually I'll goto CS if I know I have alot of price matches.

I agree their cs needs an upgrade but so do alot of other stores kmart's game people don't know crap about kmartgamer.com or their sales. Target/walmart/kmart have those damn glass cases that prevent you from seeing everything they have & needing a rep to unlock. None of them have kinect/move setup to play either.

#13 dypaehc

dypaehc

ssA paehC daeH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

OP, DVD/BD prices please? :)

#14 Ray5555

Ray5555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:51 PM

Not really when you consider a lot if not most kmart's customer service is horrendous, most people will go to bestbuy rather than kmart for this reason alone.

#15 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

Ok I'll bite. I have 15 in RZ certs so 45 for Crysis, 40 for Dragon Age and 20 back? Not bad.

#16 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

Here's why,

Sorry that's your experience. My best buy is 3 yrs old (so brand new to me still). Videos games are in the back right conrner, by the time it takes me to walk there I'm greeted and hounded by 2-3 employees. Then checkout is usually at customer service cause there's not enough traffic usually for a full time teller. Gotta love small town USA.

Thanks OP, may get Crysis from BB then
Posted Image

#17 BWS1982

BWS1982

No Abdication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

Retail perpetually loses out on sales/success not just due to prices up against online competitors, but because retail employees are either pushy or nowhere to be found, or both...or even worse, they are totally unaware of promotions (*cough* @Gamer) and devoid of any rapport skill set.

The Best Buys around me are full of workers who either can't be found at one time, or are down your neck at another. "So what kind of games do you play?" ..."What kind of movies you into?"....I'm in sales, this isn't helping a customer, it's making a sale, and I probably know more about games or movies than the drone at my jugular, so it's annoying and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

And because I'm in sales, I can tell you how most of the population reacts to a blunt, aggressive delivery like they use. They shut down and pull away. So even if the employee is more knowledgeable than the consumer, their delivery is often a dealbreaker, no pun intended.

Keep the sales tactics in the TV/theater or PC areas where the more trained sales people reside, because "the kind of games I play" are ones I acquired off my own volition.

edit: Shadowkast above me getting hounded by 2-3 people by the time he reaches the games section (in the back right like mine) is what my point is. I'm not too far from his WI location, either.

#18 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

Looks like they're finally trying to compete with K-Mart, the fact you can pre-order games at Best Buy is a plus.

The $10 SWYR Points and $30 off a 4k points/$50 PSN Card when you buy Crisis 2 is really nice. But this is a nice option if you dont need any points.

#19 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

Problem with the crysis 2 offer is it says you have to have pre-ordered by March 10th.

Simply:

Pre-order Crysis 2 for PC, PS3 or Xbox 360 anytime between now and 3/10/11.
Purchase the game online or in store from 3/11/11–3/15/11.

I dunno if they have their release dates screwed up but I wouldn't trust to get the bonus points for pre-ordering anymore. Check the reward zone site.

Would rather get a $50 points card for $20 and $10 for next kmart purchase. Kmart has shown that they do these deals consistently - Best Buy hasn't.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#20 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

Crysis 2 comes w/500 bonus points($10) for pre-ordering already so w/the giftcard it's basically $40 and DA2 didn't come with anything on release so I'm in.
Crysis 2 & DA2 for $80 plus 125 rz points

hmm, guess the BB gaming rep wasn't BSing when he told me to expect much more agressive gaming deals soon.

Are you sure it's going to stack with the pre-order points though?

#21 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

i still havnt finished/started dragon age ultimate edition. im just gonna wait rather then toss it in the backlog...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#22 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

Is there some sort of shortage of the 250GB 360s? All I ever see are the 4GB and the 2 Kinect bundles, but never the 250GB without Kinect included.

#23 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

Are you sure it's going to stack with the pre-order points though?

Yes, it's 2 seperate promos $10 pre-order(follow all pre-order guidelines) the giftcard is just a purchase offer. There's no difference between this and the halo reach offer w/$20 giftcard.

jer7583
on the pre-order slip from the gaming kiosk it prints out the 500 bonus point offer. BB doesn't offer bonus points and then withdraw them even if a game is pushed back.

#24 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

Here's why,

But do you just stand there looking forlorn and WAIT for someone to help you or do you take the initiative and go find someone and ask for help?

It also helps if you don't go on the weekend looking to get in and out of the store in half a millisecond, since they're usually busier on the weekends. So if you can, go in during the week before/after work and I'm pretty sure this scenario of yours will change into a quick transaction.

On the other hand Kmart is understaffed at every store I've gone to and sometimes multiple trips are required between electronics and the front desk to get someone paged who can get something for you.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#25 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

BB has personal shoppers(if your a silver member) just give them your wishlist & they handle the rest. Free shipping or in store pickup can't get any easier than that.

#26 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

Problem with the crysis 2 offer is it says you have to have pre-ordered by March 10th.

I dunno if they have their release dates screwed up but I wouldn't trust to get the bonus points for pre-ordering anymore. Check the reward zone site.

Would rather get a $50 points card for $20 and $10 for next kmart purchase. Kmart has shown that they do these deals consistently - Best Buy hasn't.

Actually, I'm not even seeing game deals on Myrz.com anymore.

Edit- I see it now, it's not in the game section.

Edited by seanr1221, 13 March 2011 - 01:10 AM.

seanr1221.png

#27 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:40 AM

Maybe Kmart isn't included in that article but i'm sure that BB has lost some business due to Kmart's aggressive marketing. The Crysis 2 deal has Kmart written all over it.

#28 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

Maybe Kmart isn't included in that article but i'm sure that BB has lost some business due to Kmart's aggressive marketing. The Crysis 2 deal has Kmart written all over it.

I think the fact that they price match kmart makes BB feel their less of a threat. I wouldn't be surprised if they start match amazon/newegg or offering deals that come via twitter or hopefully CAG. There's a BB rep here now but there's yet to be a concrete decision on making a official BB thread, if they were to do this once they see how aggressive the competition is it'll result in better prices for us.

#29 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:28 AM

Crysis 2 & DA2 for $80 plus 125 rz points

Dead Space 2 @Gamer's $15 coupon is valid through 3/26. It's worth a shot trying to use the coupon on top of the deal since the game may not be priced as a sale item.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#30 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

Dead Space 2 @Gamer's $15 coupon is valid through 3/26. It's worth a shot trying to use the coupon on top of the deal since the game may not be priced as a sale item.

YMMV the coupon will need an overide I've seen these package deals before on the receipt it'll show both games together with asterisks all around. The pc will probably ingnore the coupon altogether or worse yet take $15 off meaning you'll pay $5 more.
Better to use the 10% off coupon it'll come off Crysis 2 doubt it'll work on DS2 b/c the price will already be discounted. Again getting both YMMV.