Photo
- - - - -

Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1935 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Edition Will You Preorder (1096 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Edition Will You Preorder

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 H3m1 R4m

H3m1 R4m

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:48 AM

Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Edited by H3m1 R4m, 08 October 2011 - 04:06 AM.

#2 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:51 AM

I'll be ready for the epic price drop.

#3 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:53 AM

there is a thread for CE stuff. I was hoping they announced what was in it but nope.

#4 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:54 AM

I'll be ready for the epic price drop.

LOL. True.

#5 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:01 AM

there is a thread for CE stuff. I was hoping they announced what was in it but nope.

One thread for every CE is stupid.

Anyway, Gears LE's seem to be rarer than most, so I wouldn't bet too hard on getting this cheap later on.
Posted Image

#6 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:08 AM

Like Amazon.com did with the Halo Reach Legendary Edition for $59.99 before they released it. Lol.

This is a "Longshot" but I am going to say a plushy like Little Big Planet's Sackboy but instead Trashball Cole. Of course I am joking but you never know. Lol.

Posted Image

Does anybody have a link to the CE Thread. Thanks.

LOL, that would suck so bad it would be funny. They could call it the Epic Fail edition:lol:

#7 gargus

gargus

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:47 AM

I guess deals new definition should be "Either under priced, priced at normal or over priced which is up to solely the descretion of the person claming deal" since the "deals" thread is mostly just msrp shit anymore or someone posting a pre order msrp price and thinking its a deal. We have multiple forums for this shit for a reason.

#8 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:51 AM

At $150 I will be passing on this "deal".

I know the muffin man!

#9 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

These have been on Amazon for more than a week, if not two weeks.

No details of what they come with at this time.

#10 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:10 AM

Unless its something amazing, I am probably just going to get the Limited edition, I have an unopened Gears 1 and Gears 2 LE

Posted Image

#11 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:17 AM

wth you at least need to post what's included. This is in no way shape or form a deal. Shit like a week or two ago I think you could at least use PRE10 and get a few bucks off this but thats not even valid now.

#12 zerostigmavirus

zerostigmavirus

Chick With Glasses

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:45 AM

wth you at least need to post what's included. This is in no way shape or form a deal. Shit like a week or two ago I think you could at least use PRE10 and get a few bucks off this but thats not even valid now.

The epic edition details were released on the same day the creators first showed game play.
You get a poster, cog tags, special feautures disc, and a model of marcus fenix

#13 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

The epic edition details were released on the same day the creators first showed game play.
You get a poster, cog tags, special feautures disc, and a model of marcus fenix

Yeah I cant find anything on that is there a link anywhere you can find?

#14 zerostigmavirus

zerostigmavirus

Chick With Glasses

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:58 AM

Could you post a link for use because I saw something similar but it was a PAX giveaway instead. Thanks.

http://gearsforums.e...ad.php?t=768081

#15 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:58 AM

Every "collector's edition" should have a steelbook case.

#16 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:09 AM

I guess deals new definition should be "Either under priced, priced at normal or over priced which is up to solely the descretion of the person claming deal" since the "deals" thread is mostly just msrp shit anymore or someone posting a pre order msrp price and thinking its a deal. We have multiple forums for this shit for a reason.

an MSRP thread wouldn't be an MSRP thread without gargus bitching about it. :applause:

#17 zerostigmavirus

zerostigmavirus

Chick With Glasses

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:21 AM

theres more stuff that wasn't leaked/hinted to, Also the Epic edition will be "limited"

#18 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

Can you post the link for Amazon. I can only find the Standard Edition. If a person preorders the Epic Edition from Amazon I wonder if they will they get the advertised $20 Credit. Thanks.

I will post more information later on.

Last time I checked on it, which was a few days ago, there were links to the three versions. When I checked now, they're just showing the "normal" version.

I'm sure if Gamestop has posted the links for the three versions, Amazon won't be far behind with (re-)posting their links (again).

#19 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:26 AM

theres more stuff that wasn't leaked/hinted to, Also the Epic edition will be "limited"

thats what all the devs say. honestly the limited now a days means a million copies

#20 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:43 AM

$150? Are they serious?

Sometimes I think Epic believes they are a bigger gorilla than they actually are. Apparently they forgot how many customers they pissed off after the "epic" fail with the online in GoW2.

#21 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:57 AM

How exactly is this a deal? Overpriced. I rather wait the 2-3 months and watch this be on Amazon for 60$. I'm happy I'm getting the game for free plus 20 dollars credit.

#22 JOHNNEY5

JOHNNEY5

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:30 AM

Quoted for truth.
:-k

#23 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

I don't even care that much about the price not being a deal, but making a placeholder thread when there's no concrete information about what's in the $150 version seems...pointless. Might as well start one for Batman: Arkham City as well.

And yeah, pretty much every fancy edition is over-produced now. When's the last one that was hard to find a couple weeks after release?
Posted Image

#24 rsra13

rsra13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

What was the last REAL limited edition of a game?

#25 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

I don't even care that much about the price not being a deal, but making a placeholder thread when there's no concrete information about what's in the $150 version seems...pointless. Might as well start one for Batman: Arkham City as well.

And yeah, pretty much every fancy edition is over-produced now. When's the last one that was hard to find a couple weeks after release?

Mass Effect 2 and Blackops Steelbook edition to name some. And if I'm not wrong, Gears 2 collectors edition is quite rare too.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#26 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

I want it. But I want them to announce what's in it.
Posted Image

#27 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

Saying the Deals forum is 'mostly' this is more than a slight exaggeration. While I agree that posting a $150 MSRP on a game may not be a deal, the deal forum still 'mostly' has actual deals. Looking at the first ten threads on the front page, all of them are actual deals except this one.

#28 Angriwooki

Angriwooki

Nacho Libre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

I'm a sucker for CE when they are for franchises I've enjoyed in the past. Call it being consumer wh*re or simply a sucker... but I recently pre-ordered this and the MK-TE.

As a CAG, i'm ashamed :(

#29 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

What was the last REAL limited edition of a game?

Dead Space LE, ToV LE are two off the top of my head.
Posted Image

#30 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

For $150 this comes with a blow job, right?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---