• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#1 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:31 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=425989

This news was confirmed when Nintendo of UK put up a web page for Xenoblade Chronicles. According to the PR in the NeoGAF post, English and Japanese voice tracks are included. IIRC, the importers' reactions to the Japanese version were generally quite positive. We'll probably need to wait until E3 to see whether NoA will follow in NoE's footsteps.

Here's an old Japanese trailer that gives a 6-minute overview of the game's systems:

#2 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

Absolutely unbelievable. I had lost all hope. If NOA doesn't bring this over (a very possible scenario considering Disaster, by the same developer, did not come out here), I am definitely importing.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#3 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

Holy fucking shit. Also will be importing day 1, since I have no faith in Reggie "Disaster: Day of Crisis sucks" Fils-Aime.

#4 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

Well, here's one good sign for the US' chances. The whois for the URL http://www.xenobladechronicles.com shows that Nintendo of America is the owner, and it redirects to Nintendo's homepage.

http://www.neogaf.co...3&postcount=495

#5 M-PG71C

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

NOA, do not fail me on this one, bring this Stateside damnit! I will be so fucking pissed off if Europe gets this one and we don't.

Anyway, even if NOA decides to Fuck up as usual, at least I can import it now and have it in English. Whew! And I was thinking there was a good chance this was not coming.
Posted Image

#6 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

Well, here's one good sign for the US' chances. The whois for the URL http://www.xenobladechronicles.com shows that Nintendo of America is the owner, and it redirects to Nintendo's homepage.

OH. MY. GOD.

You know if they announce this tomorrow it will be epic confusion.

Edited by Dead of Knight, 31 March 2011 - 09:35 PM.

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#7 M-PG71C

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:25 PM

The more I'm reading on NeoGAF, the more I'm becoming inpatient with NOA's fucking incompetence. Mark my words, if this does not come Stateside, I may actually smash my Wii into a million pieces. And video tape it for the lulz (which sounds entertaining actually). It's just pure bullshit that the only Wii title announced for U.S. release this year is Zelda: Skyward Sword which is coming out...someday.

And even then, I could give a flying Fuck about it. NOA has sucked balls these last few years, at least I can have confidence that NOE is much better in catering to their core audiences. This would mark the third Wii game I would have to import with the assumption Xenoblade wouldn't come Stateside (The first two being Zangeki no Reginleiv and Another Code R. I can understand the former, but the latter?)

Now I really hate the fact 3DS is region-locked and can be remote-bricked via firmware update if you try to play imports on it. :(

Anyway, <end rant>
Posted Image

#8 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:19 AM

lol, that's my post. Someone later in the thread pointed out that nintendo.co.uk is also owned by Nintendo of America, so it's no longer exciting.

#9 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:24 AM

One small victory for us USA Nintendo gamers! Now send it across the pond.

I need a new signature.

#10 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:38 AM

Still Nintendo is the last company I expected to include dual audio.

Funny Nintendo always had Mundo (the original name) on their release list. It seems to be it is just the fanboy overreacting to the lack of news. I guess we will have the same thing with Last Story's US release.

Edit: Now the fanboy are saying no Layton 4 without any real evidences.

Edited by 62t, 01 April 2011 - 04:17 AM.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#11 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

The more I'm reading on NeoGAF, the more I'm becoming inpatient with NOA's fucking incompetence. Mark my words, if this does not come Stateside, I may actually smash my Wii into a million pieces. And video tape it for the lulz (which sounds entertaining actually). It's just pure bullshit that the only Wii title announced for U.S. release this year is Zelda: Skyward Sword which is coming out...someday.

And even then, I could give a flying Fuck about it. NOA has sucked balls these last few years, at least I can have confidence that NOE is much better in catering to their core audiences. This would mark the third Wii game I would have to import with the assumption Xenoblade wouldn't come Stateside (The first two being Zangeki no Reginleiv and Another Code R. I can understand the former, but the latter?)

Now I really hate the fact 3DS is region-locked and can be remote-bricked via firmware update if you try to play imports on it. :(

Anyway, <end rant>

The content is A+++ (lulz and NOA ball sucking), and the direction is generally positive. I'm excited to learn more about the author's adventures.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Funny Nintendo always had Mundo (the original name) on their release list. It seems to be it is just the fanboy overreacting to the lack of news. I guess we will have the same thing with Last Story's US release.

It's "Monado," and that release list is pretty unreliable since Line Attack Heroes is still on it. Line Attack Heroes was changed to a WiiWare title long ago.

#13 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

I don't understand why Nintendo is going backwards with this region-locking shit. Both the PS3 and PSP are both region free for games and it works just fine. All the Game Boys and original DSes were region-free. Why the Fuck do they have to do this region-locking bullshit? It doesn't prevent piracy, it doesn't do shit except make hardcore gamers, the only people who actually import games, angry. It's also bullshit because my husband knows Japanese and so if he wants to import a game before it comes out here (like he did with DQ9) we'd have to buy a second 3DS. Fuck that shit.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#14 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

so Nintendo announced 2 games today. Wii Play: Motion is just the game we are looking for.

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#15 M-PG71C

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

@ dothog

Yay :D

@ 62t

That's how I feel honestly. Every system goes through droughts, especially this generation. but I think this may very well take the cake. Not surprisingly though. Oh well, I got plenty of catching up on my DS/PSP/3DS/PS3 so whatever.

I have only bought one Wii game this year (Mario Sports Mix) and while I did legitimately enjoy it quite a bit...it reminds me of the GameCube era suddenly.
Posted Image

#16 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

so Nintendo announced 2 games today. Wii Play: Motion is just the game we are looking for.

Oh god I was going to post this. This is really all I can say about this:
:wall:
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#17 M-PG71C

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

Oh god I was going to post this. This is really all I can say about this:
:wall:

At least it's not a sequel to Wii Music....although I'm sure it'll come before the year is out. :applause:
Posted Image

#18 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:43 AM

The thing is, a sequel to Wii Play probably will sell more than Xenoblade.

That being said, I still think that something like Xenoblade would be better served with a big announcement at E3. If it doesn't get announced at E3, it probably won't at all.

#19 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:08 AM

Probably? More like definitely.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#20 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:53 AM

That being said, I still think that something like Xenoblade would be better served with a big announcement at E3. If it doesn't get announced at E3, it probably won't at all.

It was never going to be announced anywhere but E3. I don't know why some of you people love setting yourselves up for disappointment. Must be a fetish or something.

#21 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

It was never going to be announced anywhere but E3. I don't know why some of you people love setting yourselves up for disappointment. Must be a fetish or something.

NoE certainly didn't have to wait for a big event to make the announcement.

#22 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:14 AM

I don't understand why Nintendo is going backwards with this region-locking shit. Both the PS3 and PSP are both region free for games and it works just fine. All the Game Boys and original DSes were region-free. Why the Fuck do they have to do this region-locking bullshit? It doesn't prevent piracy, it doesn't do shit except make hardcore gamers, the only people who actually import games, angry. It's also bullshit because my husband knows Japanese and so if he wants to import a game before it comes out here (like he did with DQ9) we'd have to buy a second 3DS. Fuck that shit.

Why would you want an American 3DS anyway? Consider all the awesome Doujin Shmup's that everyone is talking about that are available on the Japanese marketplace. By contrast look at the comparative shit the American one offers.
The Japanese just get better offerings overall, that includes the hit titles here.

As for the PS3, thank you region free and I have "Wangan Midnight". Suck it whatever hodgepodge of American owners have the rights here for it! Buying region rights doesn't mean you bought my sale by any means. Bring your a-game and drop your stupidity at the door and we can talk.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#23 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

NoE certainly didn't have to wait for a big event to make the announcement.

E3 is in America. Not Europe. NoE has no event coming up to announce the game unlike NoA and E3.

#24 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

Keep hope alive, my brothers and sisters: Voice actor confirms North American release for Xenoblade

#25 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

Keep hope alive, my brothers and sisters: Voice actor confirms North American release for Xenoblade

That's pretty old... I just hope he's right.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#26 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

Nintendo Europe is allowing fans to choice a reversable cover. Would be a good time for you to do something Nintendo of america

http://microsite.nin...php?locale=enGB

Edited by 62t, 13 May 2011 - 07:01 PM.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#27 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Thought I'd bump this to mention the Operation Rainfall event that's been going on since yesterday. Basically, Xenoblade/TLS/Pandora's Tower supporters from a wide array of gaming sites have organized into a coalition to get higher visibility for their cause. While I doubt their efforts will amount to anything, I'm just desperate enough for these games to be released in NA to give it a try and encourage others to do so.

So far there have been two main prongs of attack: a.) like/follow Nintendo on Facebook/Twitter and respond to every new post/update/whatever with a message in support of releasing these games. A post they made about the next Mario & Sonic game racked up over 1300 replies asking for Xenoblade/TLS in the span of a day and it's still going up. I suppose that's impressive by Facebook standards, I have no idea.

b.) Preorder Monado: Beginning of the World on Amazon in an effort to get it as high in the sales rankings as possible. As of this post it's the #1 Wii game and #9 overall. Just don't preorder if you really don't intend to buy and don't preorder 99 copies to artificially jack up the numbers.

There's an official Operation Rainfall site with some form letters and such, but it's all kind of amateur and doesn't serve any meaningful purpose yet, so if you're desperate enough to do the Facebook/Amazon thing I'd recommend just sticking to that for now. I guess that these kind of tactics helped Tales of Graces F be localized, though Nintendo is a much larger, faceless, more stubborn beast so who knows.

---

#28 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

Sounds like a good idea, but what's Monado, why's it $60. Ah, its Xenoblade, but why is it $60
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#29 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

Monado is the original English name for Xenoblade, and it's $60 because that's the placeholder listing Amazon's had for two or three years.

---

#30 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

I don't say this often, but Nintendo is stupid for not localizing this game. It looks amazing, I bet if they brought it over here and did commercials like they did for DQIX it would sell like hotcakes.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image