42 replies to this topic

#1 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:02 AM

PS3: http://www.amazon.co...01904019&sr=8-1

X360: http://www.amazon.co...01904019&sr=8-2

Don't know if it's the cheapest it's ever been, but it was good enough for me to add it with my Borderlands GOTY order.

Edited by gettinmoney662, 04 April 2011 - 08:57 PM.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2 Modus Pwnens

Modus Pwnens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:06 AM

X360 is up to $16.85 amazon fulfilled / $16.44 non-amazon fulfilled

#3 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:08 AM

Shit, my bad, let me fix that.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4 Hakudoshi

Hakudoshi

20% Cooler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

I bought this game on release day for $60 and I thought it was totally worth it. It's very fun and there's a lot going on in the game once you get in a bit. It's not super long, but it's a decent length. A few of the areas of the game are so fun you will want to replay them over and over too. Though, no game is without it's frustrations, this game has a few of them too. I got stuck on one part, couldn't figure out how to get past it but after awhile I got it figured out. Definitely a must own for people who like these types of games. An amazing deal at sub $20, so much fun.
Rainbow Dash - Applejack - Twilight Sparkle - Fluttershy - Pinkie Pie - Rarity - Celestia - Luna - Derpy Hooves - Vinyl Scratch - Lyra Heartstrings

#5 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

yeah, tons of fun. i just bought this again and got the $5 dlc, but that was used for the same price. im gonna buy this to have a new copy and just trade in my used copy, thanx!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6 twisted poke

twisted poke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

I can also vouch that this game is great. Picked this up at Blockbuster during B1G1 and played the heck out of it. Also bought the DLC which is quite a good value as well. Finished this with 1250/1250. Anyone on the fence who enjoyed the first or these type of games should give this a shot at this price.

#7 Magic_Knight

Magic_Knight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for this to drop really low and just ordered one for the PS3. Great deal.

#8 broadbandit

broadbandit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

How's the ps3 version hold up?

#9 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

How's the ps3 version hold up?

Great. That's the version I have. I got it a while back for $15 I believe? It was used though. It is definitely a quality game. Pretty damn long too. I think it took me close to 20 hours. It can be repetitive though. But shooting guys in the face with a shotgun in slow mo never gets old.

#10 argyle

argyle

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

Wow, didn't realize this game was regarded so well. For $14, I'll definitely give it a shot after reading these recommendations. Thanks OP, and everyone else who gave their thoughts on the game. :)
Posted Image

#11 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for your input guys. I was a bit on the fence about buying it since I'm ordering some other games too but I'm definitely going to get it now.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#12 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

up to $17.xx from third party and $18.xx from amazon for xbox version.

#13 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

One of my favorite games this gen. I had a lot of fun with the campaign. If you liked the first game in the series, you definitely enjoy Retribution.

I also have the DLC, but haven't played it yet. I read that it's well worth the $5 though.

Posted Image

#14 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

Mediocre game (due to cover system and AI), but easy to get plat/cheevos.

#15 Sufuma

Sufuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

The original is one my favorite games.
For $13, I'll give it a shot. Now to find some Super Saver filler.

#16 rvdrock

rvdrock

Master Of The Ellipsis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

Grrr too bad all my credit is going towards Socom 4 Full Deployment, or i'd bite...

#17 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

Its a pretty good game. The achievements are fairly easy, so its a good 1000/1000 game. (Took me about 14 hours).

Plus, it has like 6 Avatar awards (A bunch of T-Shirts, and some Armor and a matching Helmet), and a few Gamer Pics too i believe.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Nemesis135n

Nemesis135n

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

I played the first one and it was great. Is this one as good as the original?

#19 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

what type of game is this? looks like action adventure. a mix between splinter cell, uncharted, and batman aa?

#20 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

In for one.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#21 pipir

pipir

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

I cant believe how you guys like this game.. The game is the most repetitive game ive ever played, u just shooting people and thats all

#22 wjda_krow2

wjda_krow2

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

for the heads up. Just purchased 1. I liked the first one and have been waiting on this to go on sale. They had one at Hollywood video when my local one was closing down; for about $10, but they were sold out when I went to get it.

#23 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

bought the ps3 one sadly i missed on the borderlands deal

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#24 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Id buy the xbox version if it was as low as the ps3 version.
Posted Image

#25 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

i have problems. i just looked at my 'used' copy from gohastings sale a month ago and it is perfect complete condition. oh well, i just get a rush from buying games and trading them in, i need to chill out sometimes and just play the damn game. lol

and i loved the brutal kills in this, like killzone 3 brutalities done right.

and i never get tired of yelling go shadow, kill boy! i started talking to my own dog like that after playing this game, yelling, tear him apart shadow! lol i love it

and the dlc is a cheap guilty pleasure, best $5 spent on dlc in awhile!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#26 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

I cant believe how you guys like this game.. The game is the most repetitive game ive ever played, u just shooting people and thats all

i have problems. i just looked at my 'used' copy from gohastings sale a month ago and it is perfect complete condition. oh well, i just get a rush from buying games and trading them in, i need to chill out sometimes and just play the damn game. lol

and i loved the brutal kills in this, like killzone 3 brutalities done right.

and i never get tired of yelling go shadow, kill boy! i started talking to my own dog like that after playing this game, yelling, tear him apart shadow! lol i love it

This. Like I mentioned the majority of the game play does get repetitive, but the slow mo kills, brutal kills and siccing Shadow on goons is fucking awesome.

#27 robin2099

robin2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

You realize that "shooting people" is the entire point of the game right? That's like saying " I can't believe you guys like playing Fight Night all you do is punch people."

#28 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

Solid mechanics, satisfying shooting, and just a real cool art style. Totally worth it. I recommend.

#29 pipir

pipir

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:59 PM

You realize that "shooting people" is the entire point of the game right? That's like saying " I can't believe you guys like playing Fight Night all you do is punch people."

Thats not the same thing actually. Basically the point of call of duty is shooting ur enemies too but for that game the only thing you do is to press RB. U can just keep running and killing people. And after a while those slowmo kills become repetitive too. Idk i didnt like that game so much. Well it is a good deal for 15bucks but im just surprised that almost everyones rating this game awesome..

#30 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

i just remember the bad guys kept getting better and the guns become incredibly awesome. at first it's just pistols n shotguns, but later you get these hightech energy weapons that just feel right.
this game did have it's faults, i didnt care for the canine sneaking (or the fact your dog is pissing on generators to turn off electric security fences? thats silly tho lol)
and i disliked the level with the injured girl you had to protect and the slow painful walk, but i think those were just minutes of the game. i totally platted it, and am now working on 100% with the dlc.
really tho, if you are on the fence it's at least worth a rental. buy it for $14 through amazon(ps3 only tho) and lock it in for $15 at bestbuytradein.com. if you don't like it send it back before 4 weeks and get $15 bestbuy giftcard that you can use to buy $15 amazon gift card. free rental and no risk ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif