Buy Dragon Age II (any platform?) and get Mass Effect 2 (PC) free

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

Just got an email from Bioware... It's unclear (at least to me) whether you have to BUY IT by 4/30 or if you have to had already bought it, and then you have until 4/30 to activate it.

Thanks to gamers like you, Dragon Age II is off to a great start – breaking the 1 million mark in less than two weeks and faster than Dragon Age: Origins. We appreciate your support. As a special thank you for helping with the game's early success, BioWare would like to present you with a download code for 2010's Game of the Year, Mass Effect 2 on PC. As always, we sincerely appreciate your support and passion as we remain focused on delivering quality interactive experiences now and in the future. Look for more exciting things coming from Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Star Wars: The Old Republic in the future, including our recent launch of Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC

Posted Image Posted Image To qualify and get your Mass Effect 2 PC download code, please follow these steps before April 30, 2011 at 11:59pm PDT:
Posted Image1. Posted Image Activate the Online Pass content that came with your copy of Dragon Age II (The Black Emporium) Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Start the game and log in using your EA Account or create a new EA Account Posted Image Posted Image
3. Posted Image Visit http://social.bioware.com/me2offer and log in with that EA Account Posted Image Posted Image
4. Posted Image Enter your Online Pass code and click "Submit". You will then be provided the code for Mass Effect 2. Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Open the EA Download Manager and enter the code to commence download (if you don't have the EA Download Manager installed, it can be found here: http://eastore.ea.com/eadm) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#2 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

I just got this email as well; I'm rather. . .impressed? Kind of a slap to anyone who already bought ME2, though. Guess I have another game to play!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#3 ldsdrive

ldsdrive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

Just got it as well. Keep it up Bioware. :applause:

634206.png

Spoiler

#4 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

I just got the email too. Its says in the faq:

All Dragon Age II game owners who purchased a new copy of Dragon Age II and follow the below steps before April 30th at 11:59pm PDT qualify.

Im trying now but the site must be jammed up because its taking forever to load. Doesnt say if it matters what version you bought. I bought in 360 so im going to try it why not, lol

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#5 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

Just got the same e-mail. Are these games tied to your account, or can I download the game and install it on a PC that doesn't have the EA Download Manager on it?
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#6 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

Yeah it's cool, but I would think they'd give you ME 2 for whatever platform you bought DA II for. I already have it on 360 anyway, but I buy games like this on the 360 for a reason (even though I have a PC which can handle most titles), and that's because I enjoy playing on it more.

Still, free is free and I won't complain.

233526.png

#7 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

Im sure you have to have the manager and it will be tied to the account

#8 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

Just got the same e-mail. Are these games tied to your account, or can I download the game and install it on a PC that doesn't have the EA Download Manager on it?

Yeah I was wondering too, I mean I already have it and some DLC on my 360 so the only way this will probably get any use would be if I could give it to somebody.

Great gesture, flawed idea, lol.

233526.png

#9 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:43 PM

Everytime I get to the page to enter my online code I enter it and hit submit and it takes me back to the log in page. Figures, well atleast I have itll the 30th to get it to work, lol

#10 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

Everytime I get to the page to enter my online code I enter it and hit submit and it takes me back to the log in page. Figures, well atleast I have itll the 30th to get it to work, lol

Yeah I'm seeing people saying it won't work too, it seems like all the emails went out at once so I'm sure there's tons of people trying it.

233526.png

#11 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

Yeah I'm seeing people saying it won't work too, it seems like all the emails went out at once so I'm sure there's tons of people trying it.

Im sure, it did tell me severs were too busy one time. Ill just try again before I go to bed, lol

#12 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

Wow, very nice gesture on the behalf of BioWare. I will probably end up giving someone my code, though. Already have ME2 and all of the DLC for the 360.

#13 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

Does the EA download manager have anything like securom on it? I wish you could use these codes with Steam.

#14 Marker

Marker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

Great offer from Bioware, although I already have ME2 (bought it at launch), I can give the D/L code to a friend. One bad thing about this free version however, is you don't get a Cerberus Network code with it, so you won't be able to get any of the DLC for it.

#15 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

well i assume most people who bought dragon age II already had mass effect 2.

Most but not all. Anyway its the least they can do for making you go to the same cave 200 times to do generic fetch/kill quests.

One bad thing about this free version however, is you don't get a Cerberus Network code with it, so you won't be able to get any of the DLC for it.

its almost like EA is giving you a used copy lol

project 10$ eh? since the game can be had on pc for only $10 i dont see how its worth it lol.
Posted Image

#16 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

Great offer from Bioware, although I already have ME2 (bought it at launch), I can give the D/L code to a friend. One bad thing about this free version however, is you don't get a Cerberus Network code with it, so you won't be able to get any of the DLC for it.

My friend doesn't have a gaming PC, so he sent me his account info and code to get it. Do I just go in and generate the code and then plug it into MY EADM to download? It's not tied to his ID or anything, is it?

Sucks about the lack of Cerberus - how can EA take that out of some downloadable copies but not others? What happens with normal downloads since it's not as if we can sell our PC games like console titles?

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#17 killias2

killias2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, I got this too. I wish I didn't already own ME2, haha. Or, alternatively, that they could've give people that own both ME2 and DA2 like access to DLC or something.

#18 Marker

Marker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

My friend doesn't have a gaming PC, so he sent me his account info and code to get it. Do I just go in and generate the code and then plug it into MY EADM to download? It's not tied to his ID or anything, is it?

Sucks about the lack of Cerberus - how can EA take that out of some downloadable copies but not others? What happens with normal downloads since it's not as if we can sell our PC games like console titles?

The code shouldn't be tied to any account until it is actually redeemed. I haven't done this myself yet so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you can just get the code from your friend's account, then log on to your EADM and redeem it there.

If you buy the digital version of ME2, you get 2 codes. One for the game, and one for the Cerberus network. In the case of this free version, you're just getting the code for the game.

#19 saxybeast418

saxybeast418

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

CONFIRMED: Just for everyone's information, you CAN give this promotion to a friend!

You need to have the copy of dragon age 2, your own EA account, etc. etc. Your friend also needs the EA downloader and his/her own account.

DO NOT REDEEM THE MASS EFFECT 2 CODE! Just give it to your friend, have them enter it in the "redeem code" section in the downloader, and voila! A copy of ME2 on their account. I just confirmed this with my friend, so go nuts!

#20 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:00 PM

Lol, and suddenly the eBay value of ME2 plummets. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#21 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

project 10$ eh? since the game can be had on pc for only $10 i dont see how its worth it lol.

god you're a moron. they give you a free game and you complain.

-----

I already bought ME2 (twice) for the xbox. I wonder if I can just give this code to a friend of sell it on the CAG marketplace.

----
edit: thanks for confirming saxybeast.

#22 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

CONFIRMED: Just for everyone's information, you CAN give this promotion to a friend!

You need to have the copy of dragon age 2, your own EA account, etc. etc. Your friend also needs the EA downloader and his/her own account.

DO NOT REDEEM THE MASS EFFECT 2 CODE! Just give it to your friend, have them enter it in the "redeem code" section in the downloader, and voila! A copy of ME2 on their account. I just confirmed this with my friend, so go nuts!

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll be giving mine away also since I don't have a PC that can play the game.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#23 Marker

Marker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

Lol, and suddenly the eBay value of ME2 plummets. . .

Pretty sad that a game w/ such critical acclaim has so little value now only a year after its release.

#24 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

Got the email.
Wish they made it so that you could choose between ME2 or 1-2 DLC packs.

Just bought ME2 PC last month during a EA Flash Deal.

#25 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for the confirmation! I already have the special PC edition with the CN and other free gear, so I'm going to pass this over to my cousin today.

#26 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

The game feels complete and doesn't need the Cerberus code at all. All it does is add some throw away missions and an extra character which has far less interactivity/dialog than your other characters and a 1-2 hours forgettable side quest with him.

For those who already have the game, tough beans. It sucks it isn't multi platform but that would have cost them significantly more to have to ship discs and pay manufacturing fees to Sony/Microsoft.

Bioware and Ea tried to do something nice and are trying to get people to play and get into Mass Effect 2 before 3 comes out. This isn't much different than similar THQ promotions (Darksiders had a free copy of Red Faction, Homefront had a free copy of Metro 2033, etc.). No one complained with their offer.

Edited by pROvIs, 05 April 2011 - 07:33 PM.
wrong their

Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#27 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

The game feels complete and doesn't need the Cerberus code at all. All tt does is add some throw away missions and an extra character which has far less interactivity/dialog than your other characters and a 1-2 hours forgettable side quest with him.

There's an extra character, a bounty hunter, that is only accessible thru Cerberus and he's got a special attack you get after gaining his loyalty that made him almost mandatory in your party for maximum damage. No Cerberus, no boom-boom. I'd miss him, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Even if you buy the CN code, it's still half as much as buying the game new.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#28 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:27 PM

There's an extra character, a bounty hunter, that is only accessible thru Cerberus and he's got a special attack you get after gaining his loyalty that made him almost mandatory in your party for maximum damage. No Cerberus, no boom-boom. I'd miss him, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Even if you buy the CN code, it's still half as much as buying the game new.

It all depends on your play style. Zaedd is the characters name. I used him occasionally but for the most part I never felt that he was a necessary or even good character.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#29 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Zaeed can definitely be an asset on Insanity, especially in some of the early levels when you don't have a lot of other choices. He's got a good mix of anti-organic and anti-synthetic powers, plus a sniper rifle. I'd actually put him in the upper tier of squadmates overall.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#30 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

Bioware and Ea tried to do something nice and are trying to get people to play and get into Mass Effect 2 before 3 comes out. This isn't much different than similar THQ promotions (Darksiders had a free copy of Red Faction, Homefront had a free copy of Metro 2033, etc.). No one complained with there offer.

Actually they did. People were complaining about having to pay $5 s/h for a free game. :roll:

CAG is a travesty sometimes.