List of GameStop games guaranteed to receive at least $15 trade-in by 4/10

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 hensleyc

hensleyc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:42 AM

This list of games are guaranteed by GameStop to receive at least $15 in trade-in credit (working condition, store credit) if traded in by 4/10.

:3ds:
Spoiler

:ds:
Spoiler

:wii:
Spoiler

:ps3:
Spoiler

:360:
Spoiler

There is also this, but I find these trade-in prices to be rather high, unless someone can confirm this:
Posted Image

#2 hensleyc

hensleyc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:48 AM

I also came across a "You have got to be fucking me" moment.
Posted Image

#3 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:54 AM

Gamestop is a joke on their trade ins.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#4 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:03 AM

I also came across a "You have got to be fucking me" moment.
Posted Image

Holy shit a phone call from a Nascar PRO??

Fuck better spend around $2,000(I have no idea how many points that is) so I can hear him say hello.

Seriously, for the amount of cash you'd spend the Nascar guy better give you phone sex.

Edited by shrike4242, 06 April 2011 - 01:59 PM.

Posted Image

#5 kidray666

kidray666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:11 AM

Thinking maybe they posted it on April 1st?

#6 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:15 AM

$15 for NBA Jam? Best I'm going to get. They just announced the XBLA/PSN version so I need to offload this turd ASAP.

#7 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:17 AM

If you guys are going to trade something in, please consult us first. Wouldn't you rather have someone in the community with your game instead of letting Gamestop take it and mark it up?
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#8 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

Well I might get rid of my Heavy Rain. Paid 22 for it from Gamefly, and might trade in 7 games thursday.

Infamous
Darksiders
Xmen Origins
Castlevania LoS
Gran Turismo 4
A PS2 sports game
Maybe GoW3

#9 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

80,000 POINTS FOR A PHONE CALL FROM SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW! YAY!

I'm glad I spent my points on 3 microsoft point cards.

#10 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:23 AM

So this is going to be $15 base trade in and $7.5 more for the 50% extra that should be running starting this friday right? Or am I doing something wrong here.

#11 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

I'll take $20 to pretend to be Johnny Bogano. All the joy at a fraction of the cost!

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#12 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

meh....:\

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#13 io

io

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

^^ I can look later, but I just used a $10 off any game coupon on the Fallout New Vegas CE. That was 10,000 points. They also have $10 off any used game for a little less (8000 points I think). I still have 12,000 more points and I haven't been shopping there that much since I got switched to PowerUp Rewards. So, yeah, it is certainly better than nothing (which is what we got before).

As for the list of $15+ trade-ins: hmmm... I have a an extra Super Mario Galaxy that I got during the last BBV B1G1 sale that I don't know what to do with. $16.50 (after Power Up) is a good deal for it, actually, considering that it isn't in any condition to trade in or sell anywhere else but GS. It is moderately scratched, has no manual, and has "display only" cover art. Last time I checked GS was only giving $6 or $7 for it, so $15 (minimum, though I doubt this one is any higher) is awesome.

Wow - just looked at Amazon and I'm shocked they are giving $23 for it as it was much lower there before, too. Problem is, there's no way I can trade it there with no manual and the funky cover art whereas at GS I should have no problem. GS has its uses, guys...

If there is a 50% bonus on Friday then I am all over that - but somehow I doubt the two will coincide. I'd like to know for sure, though, as otherwise I'd trade it tomorrow (Weds) when I'm going to be by a GS store.

#14 brolly1234

brolly1234

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

Can some one copy and paste the reward items in the catalogue for the power up rewards members. I'm thinking of joining so I can get an early b2g1 but id like to know what the catalogue offers.

#15 hensleyc

hensleyc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

So this is going to be $15 base trade in and $7.5 more for the 50% extra that should be running starting this friday right? Or am I doing something wrong here.

That's sounds correct. There's nothing I can read that indicates this is a promotion.

#16 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

The trade in values for "he hottest games" pic is kinda crazy when stacked with the 50% no?

#17 io

io

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

Yes, but where are you guys seeing that the 50% promo will happen before the 10th? In the GameDays sale thread there is only a vague indication that it might start next week - which is probably too late depending on how you define "next week".

Yeah, I agree with what RollingSkull says (below). I hate the uncertainty, though. Like I said, I have this game I want to get rid of tomorrow but I'd be pissed if it got 50% more on Friday. I guess I'll wait till the weekend and then get rid of it by Saturday if there is no 50% bonus running - though I wasn't planning on going anywhere near a GS on Saturday.

More likely, the 50% will happen at the end of next week as a way to replenish their stock after this weekends B2G1 sale. That makes more sense (though it wouldn't kill them to run them at the same time to get more stock in during the sale - though that can be exploited so maybe they'd want to avoid that).

#18 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

Unless I get proof, I'm not assuming we're getting 50% bonus Friday.

#19 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:04 AM

Where exactly was this listed ? Good find btw, i'm tempted to get rid of black ops

#20 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:06 AM

$15 for NBA Jam? Best I'm going to get. They just announced the XBLA/PSN version so I need to offload this turd ASAP.

21$ trade in @ Amazon. But i guess if you get the bonus @GS its close to the same.

#21 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

Best Buy has a current promotion beating the TiV of most of the games on that list.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=289581

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png

#22 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:34 AM

Battlestations Pacific made me go "Huh?" Had no idea that game has held its value relatively well for a two-year-old game. Still about $30 new on Amazon.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#23 Agent 0017

Agent 0017

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:22 AM

those dbz games have gotten ridiculously hard to find anywhere around, and the one piece game is rarer than metroid prime trilogy...
but i wouldn't count on the guarantee, there's always the fine print...
"I Ball So Hard That Nyukas Wanna Find Me"
- Waldo

#24 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:25 AM

:bomb: OH GREAT! SUPER NBA Jam 2011. GTFO! If this is any more than 1200 MSP I'm keeping the current version.
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#25 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to pay a little more than $15 for most of the games mentioned, especially the 3DS games right now.

#26 canestim

canestim

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

Dang, that's a high trade in value for Fable 3. That seems high like it's a mistake lol

Guess I'll power through it today and trade that turd in :)

#27 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Amazon will give you $21 for either PS3 or 360 version...

#28 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

Holy shit a phone call from a Nascar PRO??

Fuck better spend around $2,000(I have no idea how many points that is) so I can hear him say hello.

Seriously, for the amount of cash you'd spend the Nascar guy better give you phone sex.

Actually you would have to spend $4,000 on used products to earn 80,000.

$4,000 x 20 points per dollar = 80,000 points.

For that much money you should be able to meet with Joey in person at a track somewhere.

Edit: You can also earn 20 points per dollar on trade-in credit so it still will cost too much just for a call.

Edited by cdeener, 06 April 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#29 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

If only Gamestop gave you something else for your $4,000 than just a phone call. Oh wait.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#30 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

another lazy people thread.

Posted ImagePosted Image