• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#1 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:43 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...brave&lp=1&cp=1

Noticed this was on sale today. I don't know if it has been posted already. Game is made by Wayforward, which is a decent dev. Its pretty easy, but still good for fans of DC.

Edited by Gosha, 16 April 2011 - 06:24 PM.
DEAD

#2 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:46 AM

I bought for $15 and don't regret it. It is a fun co-op game to play with non-gamers or children. It's a relatively short game though, roughly 5 hours. So if you plan on tearing through it quickly, you might just wanna rent.
Posted Image

#3 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

Got it for $15 at Target a few months ago, and I've been slowly making my way through it with the kids. The 3 of us enjoy it. Sure, it's pretty easy, but there's actually has some really funny dialogue. There are multiple team-up partners to unlock, and the second character isn't always Robin. Each episode features a different character to fight alongside Batman. I also like the fact that you can switch characters during each interlude, so you're not stuck playing as Batman the whole time while player 2 has all the fun of playing as different people with different abilities.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (28) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:  :wiiu: Hyrule Warriros

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#4 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

Thanks op.

#5 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

Seems like a decent game for $9.99. I might go pick it up.
----
Posted Image

#6 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

Thanks! I just ordered one for in-store pickup just now. Fun game and just the right price.

:beer:

#7 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:20 AM

Too bad I tossed the $5 coupon that came with a Happy Meal toy. I'd totally buy it for $5.

#8 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

thanks for the heads up, but what is with all of the secret sales (like MK vs DC universe) this week from BB?

#9 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

Thanks! I grabbed a copy. I have a couple friends who worked on this game. I probably shouldn't tell them that I waited until now to pick it up. :lol:

#10 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

hmm is this game even worth 10 bucks? i heard it was pretty crappy, and at best a mediocre kids game. If so maybe i'll get Walmart to pricematch if its in the add sunday.

#11 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

Thanks op

Games My life..8.gif

#12 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

It's a fun side-scrolling game and if you like the show, it's a no-brainer to pick it up.

:beer:

#13 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

hmm is this game even worth 10 bucks? i heard it was pretty crappy, and at best a mediocre kids game. If so maybe i'll get Walmart to pricematch if its in the add sunday.

I paid $30 for it a few months back, and I'm happy with the purchase. It isn't great, but it's definitely not bad. It's a bit formulaic but the gameplay is engaging enough and there's some great voice acting included. You really can't lose for $10.
Posted Image

#14 galbyman

galbyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

The game is great for my daughter and I to play. And the cartoon is one of the only ones I let her watch on TV right now.

#15 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

I've heard nothing but good about this game especially for younger kids. I'm personally getting it for my 3 year old son.
Posted Image

#16 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

It's a great game for $10.00. I personally enjoy it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#17 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

Just wanted to chime in as well with how good of a game this is. Had a blast playing it coop with the kids. Well worth $10 and the DS version is very good as well.

#18 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

Definitely going to get this. :D

Is it Wiimote/Nunchuk only or can you use the classic controller with it?

#19 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

I just picked one up at the local Best Buy. Shelf tag shows $29.99, but it rings up $9.99.

My kids are I am going to love this.

#20 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

Definitely going to get this. :D

Is it Wiimote/Nunchuk only or can you use the classic controller with it?

Wiimote/Nunchuk only, unfortunately. I would've loved a classic option. You have to use the Wiimote to target your Batarangs on the screen, and shake the controller for certain attacks. It's not too gimmicky though, and plays well.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (28) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:  :wiiu: Hyrule Warriros

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#21 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

Grabbed the last copy at the Millbury, MA Best Buy. Thanks for posting, OP!

Edited by Danimal, 09 April 2011 - 11:11 PM.

Posted Image

#22 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:17 AM

I picked the DS version of this up last week at GameStop (on sale there for $9.99), but I haven't opened it yet. Are they pretty much the same game? Is one better than the other? Is it worth owning both?

#23 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:22 AM

I picked the DS version of this up last week at GameStop (on sale there for $9.99), but I haven't opened it yet. Are they pretty much the same game? Is one better than the other? Is it worth owning both?

Definitely cool to have both, as I heard this is one of the few DS games that takes advantage of the "link to Wii" feature. With the DS linked to your Wii, you can play as Bat-Mite.
I have been meaning to try this game out for a while now. I've been meaning to start watching the cartoon, for that matter.

#24 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:23 AM

Picked one up, thanks OP! Any idea how long the sale lasts for?

#25 morpheus47

morpheus47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:47 AM

Got one. At first I glanced at the title too quickly and thought it was the DS version, which I already got for $10 at GS. Thanks OP.

#26 Jedah Doma

Jedah Doma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:52 AM

Nice. Always wanted this game. Though had too much on my plate so it wasn't worth the $40 at the time.
Posted Image

#27 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:01 AM

Picked up the DS version last week for 10$, and now I got the Wii version for 10$. Thanks OP these really are fun games.

#28 kodave

kodave

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:18 AM

Are there any major differences between the Wii and DS versions?

Mostly, would you get a different enough experience playing both?

Or are they the same game/story/levels/characters/bosses with just minor adjustments for each system's capabilities?

#29 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

Just got a weekly ad email for GameStop, and it looks like they've put the Wii version on sale for $9.99 as well. Obviously Best Buy is probably still the preferable choice since they won't have gutted it, but if you want it and your local Best Buy doesn't have it, GameStop might be an alternative.

Are there any major differences between the Wii and DS versions?

Mostly, would you get a different enough experience playing both?

Or are they the same game/story/levels/characters/bosses with just minor adjustments for each system's capabilities?

That's pretty much what I was asking, but no one has really answered yet. The ability to link the Wii and DS versions is interesting, though if it's pretty much the same game otherwise, I'm not sure it's worth it.

For what it's worth, IGN gave the DS version a 7.5, but only gave the Wii version a 6.5.

#30 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:07 AM

Yes the third DS player plays as Bat Mite with the 2 other players playing on the Wii. He can drop combo stuff and i think a piano or something on enemies. Hes more of a support character, but it is pretty cool how it adds the other player.