Radiant Historia DS [edit] $34.99 shipped / Amazon

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:44 AM

This was out of print and already hitting $60+. This is the reprint, and $5 off isn't bad.

Edit: now back to 34.99.

http://www.amazon.co...02403303&sr=8-1

Edited by gkrykewy, 10 April 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#2 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:49 AM

Oh wow, I'm surprised this thread isn't more popular. I'm gonna order one.

#3 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:02 AM

this game is amazing. if you missed out the first time, don't hesitate now.

#4 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:05 AM

Agreed with DesertLeo. This game is by far the best rpg I played on the ds. Sold it after I beat it and have regretted ever since because of the price. In for one. Great find.

#5 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:12 AM

Amazing rpg. You would pay twice this for a console rpg of half the caliber that you can't play everywhere. Don't wait.

#6 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:13 AM

Picked it up

#7 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:21 AM

Do we know if the reprint has the bonus soundtrack?

#8 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:29 AM

On the forum for this game on Amazon, they had a thread that said the reprint DOES NOT include the soundtrack

Edited by shrike4242, 13 April 2011 - 12:20 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

Thats what I read too, but of course Amazon isnt very clear as to what it contains so just checking what people think.

#10 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

Thats what I read to, but of course Amazon isnt very clear as to what it contains so just checking what people think.

Yea I 'm not sure. I'd get one for myself if I wasn't in the middle of DQIX, this game looks cool

Posted Image

#11 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

Nice! Thanks, OP! Think I'll pick this up.
By the way, if people really want the CD, Buy.com has it included for the same price, though you'd have to pay shipping. For me in CA, that means an extra $3, which I'm pass on. But here's the link:
http://www.buy.com/p.../218861060.html

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#12 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:06 AM

Nice! Thanks, OP! Think I'll pick this up.
By the way, if people really want the CD, Buy.com has it included for the same price, though you'd have to pay shipping. For me in CA, that means an extra $3, which I'm pass on. But here's the link:
http://www.buy.com/p.../218861060.html

I checked Buy.com when everyone was OOS and they were OOS too. Soundsl ike they got the reprint and screwed up.

#13 Malicite

Malicite

American Beef

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:07 AM

Went for the Buy.com one. Who knows, maybe they found some CD ones or some such. Fingers heavily crossed.
Posted Image

#14 Batcave Dweller

Batcave Dweller

Gone Batty!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:25 AM

How was the CD packed with the game? Shrinkwrapped with the case or was there a cardboard box with both inside?
-- Frosty

Playing: :wiiu: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, :wii: Tatsunoko vs Capcom, :3ds: Project X Zone,
:ds: Solatorobo, :psp: Persona 3 Portable, :ps3: (JP) BlazBlue: Chronophantasma & (US) Aquapazza

#15 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

How was the CD packed with the game? Shrinkwrapped with the case or was there a cardboard box with both inside?

Cardboard box w/ it's own sleeve.

#16 talon2099

talon2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Weird, price on Amazon is back up to $34.99 now. That was quite a short sale. Oh well, looks like I missed out on saving $5 for a copy.

#17 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

This is a Buy.com match. They had it for sale for this price when Amazon was apparently OOS. Then Amazon got them back in stock for $34.99 and couple days later lowered the price to this. ;)

#18 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

Weird, price on Amazon is back up to $34.99 now. That was quite a short sale. Oh well, looks like I missed out on saving $5 for a copy.

Likely because Buy.com is OOS.

#19 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:33 AM

Ya i emailed the publishers directly and they confirmed that the reprint does NOT have the artbox or music CD.. so im asssuming everything on Amazon right now is the game only.

i wound up driving 100 miles round trip to get the last sealed mint LE copy anywhere near me >_< now i dont want to open it. I will probably get a regular copy to play when it hits 25 bucks or so

#20 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

that blows that the price went up.... I really wanted to get this but my amazon credit hasn't processed yet :(

on a side note, I've heard that it compares a lot to chrono trigger... can anyone that has played the game elaborate? I absolutely loved chrono trigger.

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#21 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Glad I bite on this for $30 last night... err morning.

#22 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:52 PM

I've heard that it compares a lot to chrono trigger... can anyone that has played the game elaborate? I absolutely loved chrono trigger.

Currently playing RH. Good game, but I would say that it has a very different feel from CT. The time travel theme is the only similarity that I see.

#23 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

Currently playing RH. Good game, but I would say that it has a very different feel from CT. The time travel theme is the only similarity that I see.

yea. I think I came to the conclusion that I can't compare games to chrono trigger... first, it's a pretty high standard to meet (for me at least) and second, games that I do find similar don't have a deep story or much character development like chrono did.

and on that note, I think i'll be starting the new game+ on my ds copy today :)

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#24 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

Just hit the 20 hour mark and I enjoy this game greatly, I highly recommend it.

#25 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

Damn, that's what I get for waiting. Well, to know it got reprinted is good news so I guess I can wait longer.

#26 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

Its good, but WAY too many boss battles late in the game.

for DS jrpgs Suikoden Tierkries was better imo.

#27 Batcave Dweller

Batcave Dweller

Gone Batty!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

I was too late to grab a first-printing copy from Amazon & Buy but managed to find one at a GameStop 15 minutes away. It was their last copy so they did use the cardboard box for display but it was in surprisingly good condition and both the game & CD were still sealed.

I wasn't in a hurry to get this game since I still have a couple RPGs in my backlog. I just didn't want to have trouble tracking down a new copy w/ the box & CD at or under its MSRP in the future. For those of you who still want to get the bonus CD, I'd suggest you call your GameStops soon.
-- Frosty

Playing: :wiiu: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, :wii: Tatsunoko vs Capcom, :3ds: Project X Zone,
:ds: Solatorobo, :psp: Persona 3 Portable, :ps3: (JP) BlazBlue: Chronophantasma & (US) Aquapazza

#28 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

I will also chime in also and say that this game is awesome, and everyone should buy if they love a good, old school vibe RPG. I got the version with the soundtrack right before it sold out on Amazon. I'm a sucker for boxes that come with CE, so I had to jump on it. I love the box more than the CD actually... The CD is great though!

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#29 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:30 AM

So... no soundtrack, but does that mean no outer box too? I kinda messed mine up with I opened it, need a new one.

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#30 Batcave Dweller

Batcave Dweller

Gone Batty!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

So... no soundtrack, but does that mean no outer box too? I kinda messed mine up with I opened it, need a new one.

The outer box says "Music CD Inside" on front so I doubt they reprinted the outer boxes.
-- Frosty