Photo
- - - - -

Humble Indie Bundle #3 (5 indie games, pay what you want) - Starts 4/12 9:30am pst

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#1 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:48 AM

According to Kotaku, tomorrow will be the release of yet another Humble Indie pack. For those unaware, these are bundles of indie games, which are pay what you want. A portion of the proceeds go to charities, the developers or both.

The third bundle will launch 4/12 at 9:30am pst and will include:

(Video showing all games and instructions)

The first three games will be redeemable on Steam and are currently available there for $30 total.

The bundle will be available here: The Humble Indie Bundle

#2 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

From Kotaku:
http://kotaku.com/#!...bargain-of-2011

List of games:
1) Trine
2) Shadowgrounds
3) Shadowgrounds - Survivor
4) Jack Claw (unfinished game)
5) Splot (preorder)

Proceeds are split between the developers and Child's Play.

#3 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

Sweet. Buy your own cheap smugness. Shame none of those are particularly interesting, but they aren't bad either.

#4 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

I can't wait. :D

#5 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

Donated on the first two... can't wait. :)

#6 youngavatar

youngavatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:29 AM

It seem like another great indie bundle(to bad i got trine)i might pick this bundle up any way since it for a good cause.
[URL=http://exophase.com/gamercards/]Posted Image
[/URL]

#7 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

Trine looks interesting, thanks for the heads up

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#8 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

I can't wait! Any word if these will also be Steam-Activatable like the first two?

#9 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:39 AM

oops... looks this thread was ninja'd :(
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=291936

#10 zeroxsyn

zeroxsyn

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:39 AM

I can't wait! Any word if these will also be Steam-Activatable like the first two?

Assuming, it's like the first two, then yes. Can't see a reason why this bundle wouldn't produce a steam code for you.

#11 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:42 AM

said this in the other thread and since one will die...

Donated on the first two... can't wait. :)

#12 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

Already have Trine, will prob still give $5-10 for the other games though
Posted Image

#13 ArQuesta

ArQuesta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

I support the Indy Bundles so I'll donate even though I own Trine already. The other games are unknown to me so I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

#14 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:24 AM

Do Trine and Shadowgrounds support the X360 gamepad? I remember that the reason I passed on Trine before was because pad support wasn't in the demo and I didn't trust that it'd work in the final and KB+M was too unwieldy. Shadowgrounds look like Robotron, so shouldn't it use sticks?

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#15 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:29 AM

I'm in. Unfortunately, I missed the second bundle but I will get this even if I never play the games. I like to help out these indie developers.
Posted Image

#16 aots16

aots16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

In for 1
Posted Image

#17 Allerka

Allerka

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

Trine (for Steam at least) has Xbox 360 gamepad support.

#18 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

Nice. I'll be getting this and adding it to my hubby's Steam account. I already have Trine, so now we'll be able to play co-op together. Shadowgrounds is more his thing, while Splot is more mine. Jack Claw looks interesting.

#19 cadeSILVER

cadeSILVER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

I'll be buying this purely for Trine and Jack Claw.

#20 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

I read on a couple of forums that Jack Claw was abandoned, so I believe it's only a tech demo. Looks cool though.

#21 Mogui

Mogui

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:21 AM

I'm in. Unfortunately, I missed the second bundle but I will get this even if I never play the games. I like to help out these indie developers.

keep an eye out, last year ppl who donated more than a certain amount received the previous year's humble bundle as well (I was one of them). so there may be a chance of that happening again.

they only started that promotion a few weeks or so into the sale i think...

#22 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

Arg, of course I already own the first 3 on Steam. Good pack though, Trine is well worth donating ~$5 to alone, and the rest are a nice bonus (the Shadowgrounds games are pretty decent top-down shooters, kinda like Killzone Liberation for a modern comparison).

Haven't even heard of the latter two games though...but I guess I'll donate a few bucks to the pack and check them out.

#23 SteevL

SteevL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

The Shadowgrounds games are great. Keep in mind that while they do have co-op, it's not online co-op. Same with Trine.

#24 czissis

czissis

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

Awesome! I love the humble bundles. I've only played/heard of Trine but I'll definitely throw down some $ for this pack.

#25 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

keep an eye out, last year ppl who donated more than a certain amount received the previous year's humble bundle as well (I was one of them). so there may be a chance of that happening again.

they only started that promotion a few weeks or so into the sale i think...

I believe everyone got both bundles, I donated $20 for me and $1 for a gift copy and both received the previous version as well. Sadly my friend never touched the games, what a shame.

#26 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

I believe everyone got both bundles, I donated $20 for me and $1 for a gift copy and both received the previous version as well. Sadly my friend never touched the games, what a shame.

Same thing happened to me. I bought a second bundle and gifted it to my dad who never played them. At least they got some extra money.

#27 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

I haven't really played any of the games i've gotten in the last two bundles, so I guess I'll skip this one. Plus I already have Trine (and haven't really played it). The games have been fine, but I guess I just don't game on my Mac much. I'd rather play games on my 360, Wii and iPhone/iPad. Probably if I had a laptop it would be different, but I don't.

#28 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

i never understood why this bundle makes people jizz. i mean yeah its a good deal but the way people talk about it youd think it was a pay what you want for any 5 games new and sealed at gamestop.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#29 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

i never understood why this bundle makes people jizz. i mean yeah its a good deal but the way people talk about it youd think it was a pay what you want for any 5 games new and sealed at gamestop.

I think people get excited because these bundles represent a future where we might not need GameStop.

#30 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

Awesome! I screwed up and missed the second bundle, so no way am I waiting until the last minute on this one!

I love how it's even painless to pay, with Paypal or Amazon or Google!

I already bought Trine from Gamestop, but...hmm...I think I'll pay at least $30 this time...maybe more, I can't decide, since I do want to support the EFF...

Jack Claw and Splot look potentially interesting too...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image