Photo
- - - - -

Win a free copy of Portal 2! Biggest Portal 2 giveaway ever, 10 copies being awarded!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

This contest gives you a chance to win a free portal 2 game (Steam version) :applause:

Portal 2 Giveaway

Good luck :)

Edited by koalak, 22 April 2011 - 07:36 AM.

GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#2 helluvagood

helluvagood

HURRICANE VENUS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

answer 20 questions? no thanks, too much work
Posted Image

#3 hotzie

hotzie

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

agreed

#4 crazedimp321

crazedimp321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

Yeah I'm a too lazy to work that much for a chance to win something. Thanks for posting it though.
Gamertag: CrAzEdImP321
Twitter: @zombiebash3r
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7247-3504

#5 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

well look at it this way:
- its gaming related questions
- prolly takes no more then 10 minutes to answer
- this also means theres lots more chance then some random giveaway that thousands of ppl enter
Playing:

#6 wune

wune

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

I am not interested in signing up for gameshampoo

#7 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

I am not interested in signing up for gameshampoo

So more chances to win for everyone else?

Thanks for posting it though.

You're welcome :)

I am a moderator on that site so I am cant participate in this contest but chances in this one are pretty high compared to other giveaways so its worth a shot
Playing:

#8 TreFacTor

TreFacTor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

100% agree. Too much work for a chance.

#9 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

well look at it this way:
- its gaming related questions
- prolly takes no more then 10 minutes to answer
- this also means theres lots more chance then some random giveaway that thousands of ppl enter

On the other hand the ps3 version gives a free version of steam... so I would just bother someone with a ps3 copy lol

#10 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

Also, note that the top 3 users with the most points also get a copy. Oh, but look, they're all hermits:

I highly doubt anyone can get more points in this contest entry period.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#11 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

Also, note that the top 3 users with the most points also get a copy. Oh, but look, they're all hermits:

I highly doubt anyone can get more points in this contest entry period.

Not sure what you mean? I'm user #3 there but i'm also a moderator there so I'm not going to win. User #2 just joined today so obviously its possible to earn points quickly. All steam ids and facebook pages of winners will be published so its definetly not fake.

Anyway its a cool contest that gives you a better chance to win portal 2 then other contests so figured i'd post it here for those who are interested :)
Playing:

#12 xboxer

xboxer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:57 AM

My facebook and gaming accounts are different emails and names. So what must I do?

#13 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

Not sure what you mean? I'm user #3 there but i'm also a moderator there so I'm not going to win. User #2 just joined today so obviously its possible to earn points quickly. All steam ids and facebook pages of winners will be published so its definetly not fake.

Anyway its a cool contest that gives you a better chance to win portal 2 then other contests so figured i'd post it here for those who are interested :)

Never mind. It is easy to gain lots of points, but honestly, whoever drakanae is, he's just spamming everything. He has almost 4,000 points in under a day. I didn't think you were supposed to copy/paste from other websites.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#14 TreFacTor

TreFacTor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Looking at the questions, you gotta be some type of Blizz Con Jeopardy champ even to recognize what games the questions even reference.

"Ace online how to get war points"

WTF is that?

#15 CBas92

CBas92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Seriously all drakanae does is post links to yahoo answers and upvotes everything

#16 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

Looking at the questions, you gotta be some type of Blizz Con Jeopardy champ even to recognize what games the questions even reference.

"Ace online how to get war points"

WTF is that?

ehmm.. maybe Ace Online?
Playing:

#17 Revixe06

Revixe06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Yeah I'm a too lazy to work that much for a chance to win something. Thanks for posting it though.

Yeah, same here.
76561198042531484.png

Amazon Student Referral (FREE 6 months of Amazon Prime)

#18 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:07 AM

well for those who arent lazy chances to win a free copy are going to be better then any other giveaway :)
Playing:

#19 CBas92

CBas92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for the opportunity OP.

Also exactly how do you guys take care of spamming and such?

#20 genxsis83

genxsis83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

Yeah I am also wondering cuz I liked but my facebook is not linked to gameshampoo in any way. How will you confirm that?

#21 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for the opportunity OP.

Also exactly how do you guys take care of spamming and such?

Like it says in the rules, poor quality answers can disqualify a user. Plus we check IP to see noone is voting on their own answers and such

Yeah I am also wondering cuz I liked but my facebook is not linked to gameshampoo in any way. How will you confirm that?

When you win, we ask for steam ID and facebook id and we verify that (its easy for example have you post something on our wall etc)
Playing:

#22 CBas92

CBas92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Like it says in the rules, poor quality answers can disqualify a user. Plus we check IP to see noone is voting on their own answers and such

Ok thats fine. The only really poor answers I have are when someone posted thee weird easy Gears of War 3 quiz questions and everyone decided to post the exact same responses so I gave silly ones. Also there were a hand full of times where I had to post links to like walkthroughs or something since the question was very broad and vague.

Speaking of links, would posting a link to some yahoo answer or wiki page get you DQ'd cause some users definitely go overboard with that and take the lazy route. "The answer to your question should be found here", even though the asker posted a very specific incident and most of the time the link doesnt even provide an answer.

#23 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:11 AM

Ok thats fine. The only really poor answers I have are when someone posted thee weird easy Gears of War 3 quiz questions and everyone decided to post the exact same responses so I gave silly ones. Also there were a hand full of times where I had to post links to like walkthroughs or something since the question was very broad and vague.

Speaking of links, would posting a link to some yahoo answer or wiki page get you DQ'd cause some users definitely go overboard with that and take the lazy route. "The answer to your question should be found here", even though the asker posted a very specific incident and most of the time the link doesnt even provide an answer.

well sometimes the best answer is for a link, although if someone constantly just spams links rather then answering the question then he might get DQd, especailly if the links dont have the answers to the specific question. the best is to answer the question in your own words and give a link to the source. as as for the gears of war silly answers, well if you fooled around a bit then its no big deal, only if you constantly spam silly answers it would be an issue
Playing:

#24 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

bump, drawings start in 2 more days. Those who answer 20 gaming Qs by then will be entered into ALL 7 drawings. this is the giveaway with best chances ever
Playing:

#25 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

drawings start tomorrow! remember the earliest you get in the more chances you have of winning, those getting in by midnight tomorrow will participate in all 7 drawings!
Playing:

#26 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:42 AM

bump
Playing:

#27 CBas92

CBas92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:50 AM

Hope I win one :)

#28 Outlaw Torn

Outlaw Torn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

I answered 20 questions and liked on FB. My username is Death31133. Really hope i win!

#29 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

first drawing will be tonight, so everyone still has time to get in and be eligible for all 7 drawings!

If you already have portal 2 you should still participate, you can win and gift to a friend!
Playing:

#30 genxsis83

genxsis83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

Is there a place where you will be posting the winners?