Photo
- - - - -

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (360) $10.52 (PS3) $19.94 at Amazon - Prime Eligible

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_1 360
http://www.amazon.co...03163240&sr=8-1 PS3

Price is dropping fast on this one, might go lower, but I think I'm going to bite at this point. From what I've read it's a reasonably good game and this seems to be a good enough price to make it worthwhile.

Edit: Updating prices in the title. 360 has gotten better, PS3 deal is functionally dead, but who knows how long that will last, price has been absurdly volatile.

Edited by Mighty Tor, 25 April 2011 - 09:26 PM.
Added system info

#2 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:39 PM

I got this for $23 on Black Friday, right after it came out. It's not terrible, but a lot of the puzzles are more frustrating than fun and the last dungeon is a real pain unless you're fully leveled up.

There are just a lot more and far better games out there for the same price or even cheaper.

#3 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

Been waiting on the PS3 version to hit $10, I don't expect it to be worth much more then that.

#4 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

Literally playing this right now. I was on the fence after the demo but got it form GS for $15 (had a $10 coupon due to the PowerUp program). It was slow to get into, but I am really enjoying it now. It reminds me of ICO meets Zelda. For me none of the puzzles were frustrating, the more difficult puzzles I found to be fun due to making me think about how to solve it. Needing to look around the entire area to figure out what to do. There was only one time I needed to use a guide and it was just to find out where to go next.

If you're an ICO fan and can't wait for TLG I suggest picking this up to hold you over.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

here come the backlog comments

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#6 vamn

vamn

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

Quick look: http://www.giantbomb...ingdom/17-3558/

Metacritic: http://www.metacriti...orsaken-kingdom

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#7 JVorhees#1

JVorhees#1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:12 PM

here come the backlog comments

Good price for the 360 version but I have too many games in my ......wait for it..... backlog. \\:D/

#8 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:12 PM

I bought it for $40 and got my money's worth. Great deal at this price, IMO. Nothing ground breaking but its pretty competent overall.
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#9 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

Tempted. Really tempted.

I just didn't like the demo, though. I know if I order this, it'll sit on my shelf for weeks or months, then I'll finally pop it in for like twenty minutes and be underwhelmed. Then I'll be done with it forever.

#10 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

Nice deal on the Xbox 360 but I just got Two Worlds 2 and Portal 2 arriving tomorrow
Also have Gears 3 beta and Might & Magic on XBLA to play so I'm currently overbooked :D

#11 revsmitty

revsmitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:21 PM

Good price for the 360 version but I have too many games in my ......wait for it..... backlog. \\:D/

So tempting.... but the backlog.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

The Backlog Hungers! But I just got AssCreed Bros for $19 and Vanquish for $23. This will have to wait...
Posted Image

#13 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_1 360
http://www.amazon.co...03163240&sr=8-1 PS3

Price is dropping fast on this one, might go lower, but I think I'm going to bite at this point. From what I've read it's a reasonably good game and this seems to be a good enough price to make it worthwhile.

I been watching it for a week now. Not sure it hit $12 range after you posted it. I not sure say thanks you or drop kick you on the face, lol
"Evil is Funs"

#14 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

Just picked this up last night when it appeared on my Gold Box for $11.56. I look forward to playing this!

154512.png

:360: Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:psp: Assassin Creed III: Liberation

jionekanji.png

#15 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

LIKE NEW $11.99 (360)
http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

#16 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

I bit. I don't know why, but I did.
Posted Image

#17 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:36 AM

I bit. I don't know why, but I did.

I feel the same way. I have amazon credit and have always been interested in this game. I just got Fallout New Vegas, Civilization Revolution and Rock Band 3, but have been underwhelmed by all of them. I think I need something fresh, and this just might be it, even though it might not be a blockbuster title. Definitely something I might order soon.

#18 tossin

tossin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:43 AM

Holy crap!? The PS3 version dropped below $14. I'm tempted, but I'm wondering whether it really will drop even further.

#19 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:23 AM

Just finished/platinumed this. It isn't a hard Platinum/1000 to get, but it is very enjoyable.

The demo didn't do a good job of showing what this game has to offer. I mentioned this before, but I highly recommend it to people who are a fan of ICO and Zelda. It has a more ICO feel, but the combat is much more prevalent and there are power ups to find and levels to gain for both you and the Majin.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#20 food4me3389

food4me3389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

i bought it too, i love zelda and ico/shadow of the colossus
i feel like theres so many underrated games this year with this and enslaved
isn't beyond good and evil hd coming out to psn soon?

#21 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

I just got AssCreed Bros

That sounds like a really painful disease, my sympathies!

#22 tossin

tossin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:27 AM

Blah, for $13.92, I bit.

#23 capsnikerz

capsnikerz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

10 bucks from MK credit and 3.92 cents from my giftcards? :) good buy if u ask me :P!

#24 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

Down to 11.64 for Xbox. It's like what happened with Lunar PSP around Thanksgiving....I have my finger poised to buy, but it goes a little lower each day. Eventually it will rubber band snap back up in price. I think I have to order this in the morning.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#25 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:22 AM

This game is well worth the price! Not goty but an above average action adventure game that can be beaten in a weekend.

#26 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

Portal 2 credit is screaming to get the PS3 version, but just can't do it. Too big a backlog. :(

cagSig.png515886.png

#27 probablysober

probablysober

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

I bought it and Enslaved: Odyssey To The West last night to get free shipping.

#28 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

thinking to get
Majin
Enslaved
Time Crisis
Mini Ninjas

#29 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:34 PM

The CAG in me says "Wait until $10 or lower" and the backlog says "Why are you even considering this?"

I played the demo and did enjoy it, though.

#30 mis0

mis0

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

Shit, son. $13 for a :ps3: copy. I have hella Amazon credit burning.. done!

[mis0's tradelist]