MAG PS3 13.55 Prime shipping available

http://www.amazon.co...1&condition=new
CAG4LIFE

#2 lukejskywalker

lukejskywalker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

Good deal, I might bite on this. Thanks OP!
Let's roll in my covered wagon!

#3 blinkFRO

blinkFRO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:27 AM

Is MAG still worth it?
YouTube - blinkFRO
Twitter - blinkFRO
Posted Image

#4 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:27 AM

Decent enough game but is the community still going?

#5 blinkFRO

blinkFRO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

Thats what I'm wondering
YouTube - blinkFRO
Twitter - blinkFRO
Posted Image

#6 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:35 AM

I've been back and forth on this all week, it's dropped about .30 every two or three days now. I would like to second fujimitsu's question on how active the community is though.

#7 aots16

aots16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:52 AM

i just bought this with gamestops buy 2 get 1. was very surprised with it. i hated the beta but since the newest update came out its great. also dont worry about the community at all. i usually play late at night cause of my schedule. theres still full domination matches (256 players) going on at 3am. youll always have people to pla with. if you get it join SVER and add me on psn to play :D

The only negative thing i have to say about it is god damn its bland as hell but the levels are huge and the leveling up/unlocking mechanic is fun.
Posted Image

#8 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:04 AM

I wonder what it says about me that the Greatest Hits case is the only thing that prevented me from taking advantage of this deal.

#9 aots16

aots16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:05 AM

cant just replace the case?
Posted Image

#10 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:16 AM

Is this game more fun than games like call of duty because it has more players? What are your opinions?

#11 sdclippers

sdclippers

The Sinister Kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:24 AM

Well until Playstation can get the servers back on i say you should hold off.
My next girl better be nothing like my ex girl.

#12 3peen

3peen

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:26 AM

I seriously loved this game. put more hours into this than probably anything else, but they lost me when they removed friendly kills. I can't recall if it was just that you couldn't knife each other, or if it was with all weapons, but taking away my ability to knife my friends just killed it for me. I'm sorry but starting off a match and having everyone cautiously turn around anticipating being knifed by teammates was just too funny. still a very fun game for anyone who doesn't mind the lack of this feature, which is probably the vast majority of the online community. its a great change from the typical shooter, which usually places you in a tiny crowded map, which is what usually keeps me away from the COD games.

#13 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

I seriously loved this game. put more hours into this than probably anything else, but they lost me when they removed friendly kills. I can't recall if it was just that you couldn't knife each other, or if it was with all weapons, but taking away my ability to knife my friends just killed it for me. I'm sorry but starting off a match and having everyone cautiously turn around anticipating being knifed by teammates was just too funny. still a very fun game for anyone who doesn't mind the lack of this feature, which is probably the vast majority of the online community. its a great change from the typical shooter, which usually places you in a tiny crowded map, which is what usually keeps me away from the COD games.

:lol: reminds me of my CS days with FF on

#14 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:32 AM

Now's probably not the best time to buy an online only game on the PS3.

#15 aots16

aots16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:34 AM

Is this game more fun than games like call of duty because it has more players? What are your opinions?

No its more fun because it emphasizes team work. its an awesome thing to see a squad coming together and working together. even cooler when its a team of 128 people working together.
Posted Image

#16 convergecrew

convergecrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:43 AM

No its more fun because it emphasizes team work. its an awesome thing to see a squad coming together and working together. even cooler when its a team of 128 people working together.

I second this. Playing a 256 player battle really makes you feel like you're part of something big. The whole battle is objective based and everybody has to work together to take down the objectives. Seeing the rest of your faction making progress and being part of that was really thrilling. I havent played the game in a while due to so many other games (partly CAGs fault :) but this is a permanent part of my collection. I would totally recommend this game at 13.xx.

#17 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:48 AM

fun game, still an active community, definitely smaller than when it launched, but still active nonetheless.
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#18 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:03 AM

I hear they released a pretty big patch somewhat recently that changed up a lot of the game. Tempted to get a copy and try it again. It was never bad but it wasn't my cup of team. A big problem i had was the controls, I remember them being somewhat different than most other shooter which annoyed me tremendously but isn't a game breaker.

#19 FromChaos

FromChaos

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

Got rid of black ops and I need something to hold me over till gears hits. I guess for $13 I'll give it a shot.

#20 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:39 AM

:rofl: That was the ONLY reason I liked the game at all when I got it from a Hollywood Video closing sale. I would just kinda lay in wait in the base waiting for my teammates to respawn there and then jump out of the shadows and knife em to death for the lulz.;)

Otherwise there were far too many people who would grab sniper rifles and pick you off from half the map away and keep doing so.:cry::roll:

Maybe I always picked the games loaded up with newbies, but none of the people I played with ever really coordinated anything very well.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#21 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:52 AM

Love MAG, just worried that Socom 4 is going to poach too many MAG players.

cagSig.png515886.png

#22 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:16 AM

Ordered the game..thanks

#23 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

wow , love it

Games My life..8.gif

#24 rebelmusic

rebelmusic

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:26 AM

This game is straight up awesome, and one of my current obsessions. I should be getting the platinum soon.

I would say there are are probably 2,000 people on each PMC at any given time except maybe early mornings, so 6,000 people total.

#25 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Doubt anyone will be playing MAG or any PS3 game online for awhile since PSN got hacked and taken down for an undetermined amount of time.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#26 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

Doubt anyone will be playing MAG or any PS3 game online for awhile since PSN got hacked and taken down for an undetermined amount of time.

...you don't know it got "hacked". its an external intrusion.
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#27 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

It did get hacked, what the Fuck do you think an "external intrusion" means? The rumor going around is that they got into the Admin Dev accounts which made them shut down PSN.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#28 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

Is MAG still worth it?

Not right now since the PSN network is down and this game is online only.

Stick to Killzone 3 or Black Ops or something like that... don't waste your time with this.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#29 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

That means the same thing. "I am not broke, I just don't have money."
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#30 mickleohb

mickleohb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

PSN isn't going to be down forever you know... If you ordered this today the earliest you'd get it is Tuesday and I bet PSN will be back up by then (or within a few days from that at the latest)