Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PS3/XBOX360) Pre-order $44.99 at TRU

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

Pre-order price is still less than Amazon but not as good as that $19.99 "glitch" from a few weeks back on the PS3 version.( If they honor it that is)

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=hunted%20the%20demons%20forge&origkw=hunted:%20the%20demon's%20forge&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Edited by boogie4114, 25 April 2011 - 07:34 PM.
forgot link

#2 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

If the deals not that good, why create 2 topics? O_O
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

If the deals not that good, why create 2 topics? O_O

Sorry sensitive laptop and its still less than msrp for those that might be interested.

#4 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

I've heard nothing negative about my $20 preorder. If they wait till just before release, I plan on raising enough hell "I didn't preorder it anywhere else and now I'm missing out" lines to hopefully score some sympathy.

#5 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

I pre-ordered it from TrUs two weeks ago when they had it for error at $19.99. And they have not cancelled my order yet which is great :D
Posted Image

#6 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

I pre-ordered it from TrUs two weeks ago when they had it for error at $19.99. And they have not cancelled my order yet which is great :D

Same here but I'm just looking out for those that have remote interest in this game and may wanna use the $50 gc from last weeks sale.

#7 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

I've heard nothing negative about my $20 preorder. If they wait till just before release, I plan on raising enough hell "I didn't preorder it anywhere else and now I'm missing out" lines to hopefully score some sympathy.

Me too. I just have a feeling they will wait until May 31st, just before shipping, and send a cancellation notice. I'll be all over their shit.

#8 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

Me too. I just have a feeling they will wait until May 31st, just before shipping, and send a cancellation notice. I'll be all over their shit.

This right here, I have been practicing my angry voice just for this ocassion.

#9 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

yeah, im getting ready to turn my rage on! lol. my child of eden march 31st preorder with barnes n noble glitched groupons still says nothing, lol.

i love glitches in the real world

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#10 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

Not bad like many though I grabbed it when it was 19.99 as well though.
So we'll see if they keep that as well.

Considering this doesn't look like a glitch it might mean those who snagged it earlier on might get lucky to

#11 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:55 AM

had no interest in the game whatsoever, and still dont, but 20 bucks for a bethesda title? why not.
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#12 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:15 AM

had no interest in the game whatsoever, and still dont, but 20 bucks for a bethesda title? why not.

I was in the same boat, but then I saw the dungeon editor I figured the replay value would be worth it.

http://www.vg247.com...ls-new-screens/
The D Pad.
An appreciation of all games new and old, good and bad.

#13 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

wish i would have got 2 copies at $20 each cuz now i hear it's bout co-op and my grrl loves dungeon crawler co-op from the days of titan quest. lol doh

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#14 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:11 AM

If they honor your preorders at $20, they'd have to honor the SD'ers orders who probably ordered 10 each lol.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#15 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:18 AM

If they honor your preorders at $20, they'd have to honor the SD'ers orders who probably ordered 10 each lol.

Or they could use some common sense and limit it to one per person.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/mxpowar"][/URL]

#16 3rdbass

3rdbass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

wish i would have got 2 copies at $20 each cuz now i hear it's bout co-op and my grrl loves dungeon crawler co-op from the days of titan quest. lol doh

They have splitscreen for this game so you can still play with her. Unless you just wanted your own screen you will be fine.

#17 KhrevalBruuk

KhrevalBruuk

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Just got my cancellation e-mail on the $19.99 preorder for Hunted:

"Dear Chump,

Thank you for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com.

Unfortunately, some or all of the items from your order # nnnnnnnnnn-n are currently unavailable. As a result, these item(s) have been deleted from your order.

Here is a review of the item(s) that have been cancelled:

Item#: 9744975
Description: Hunted: The Demon's Forge for Sony PS3
Quantity/Price: 1 @ $19.99

Please note, you will not be charged for the above item(s).

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. Thank you again for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com.

Sincerely,

The Guest Service Team
Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com"

#18 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

Ya just got my own as well.

#19 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

just got the same cancellation email. I emailed right back and politely insisted they honor it or do something else for me.

#20 Danxx777

Danxx777

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

Got my email pretty pissed at the wording of it. "Unfortunately, some or all of the items from your order # nnnnnnnnnn-n are currently unavailable." Of course its unavailable its a pre-order.... So basically your going to not honor it and and blow everyone off without even admitting there was a mistake? Canceling the pre-orders was pretty much expected but now I feel kind of insulted as well.

#21 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

Just got the cancellation too :roll:
Posted Image

#22 dedgeu2

dedgeu2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

Got my cancellation email as well. Wish they would at least provide us a $10 off code or something. Walmart had a price "glitch" for Mario Galaxy pre-orders and they admitted their online price error plus provided a $10 off code for those who did place an order under the incorrect pre-order price.

#23 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

just got the same cancellation email. I emailed right back and politely insisted they honor it or do something else for me.

I'm pretty sure most online retailers have a part in their ToS which says that they won't honor price mistakes so you probably won't get anything out of it.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#24 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

It is a sad day for me as well, no way I'm buying this game at full retail price.

#25 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

I'm pretty sure most online retailers have a part in their ToS which says that they won't honor price mistakes so you probably won't get anything out of it.

"We attempt to ensure that information on this Web Site is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Web Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Web Site. For example, products included on this Web Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on this Web Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. The price displayed on the website may differ from the price for the same item sold as in-store merchandise. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer."

There's no reason for anyone to find a reason to get worked up about this. We all saw this cancellation coming.

#26 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

what an obnoxiously worded email, wait, a PREORDER NOT AVAILABLE?

Fuck YOU TOYSRUS. Youve always been one of the shittier B&M retailers for gamers.

Like I'm going to spend 59.99 on NBA 2K10....

#27 rebelmusic

rebelmusic

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Are you guys really sad/mad/upset? I placed the order knowing full well that it was more likely to get canceled than shipped. You're literally out nothing, stop whining.

#28 Arkanos

Arkanos

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

Eh.... You could always try calling before getting pissed. Just got off the phone and they were happy to replace the order for the same amount offered originally. Of course, YMMV

#29 arinaldi

arinaldi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

Eh.... You could always try calling before getting pissed. Just got off the phone and they were happy to replace the order for the same amount offered originally. Of course, YMMV

Don't care enough to call. I prefer the jackass sarcastic approach. I.E.

Dear Customer Service,

Thank you for almost selling me a product at Toyrus.com and Babiesrus.com.

Unfortunately, some or all of the excuses for cancelling my order are lies. As a result, the future prospects of purchases made by me from you have been deleted from your bottom line.

Here is an example of the future purchase(s) that have been eliminated:

Item#: 1
Description: Average game purchases of over twenty release day games for both the PS3 and Xbox 360
Quantity/Price: 25@ $59.00

Please note that you will not receive any payment for the above item(s).

I apologize that the loss of future business is any inconvenience. Thank you again for solidifying my future purchases will be from Amazon.com.

Sincerely,
Almost customer

#30 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

oh well, also got mine cancelled. didn't really want the game, so it's not worth shedding a tear over.

ya win some, ya lose some...
am I right fellow CAGers?
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.