• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

http://www.amazon.co...04396858&sr=8-5

This is the xbox live 12 month starter kit comes with a 12 month card, chat pad, headset, and 400 point card for 59.99.

I know it isn't a great deal for live but if you are in the market for a chatpad also it will essentially make your 12 month card 35 dollars.

This may have been this price for a bit now, but I just noticed it helping a friend sign up for live, figure it may help someone.

#2 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:35 AM

Oh ya its also shipped/sold by amazon.

#3 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

The best deal like this was when Amazon had the Live Vision bundle (webcam, headset, 12 months Live, UNO, Robotron 2084, 200 pts.) for $40 a few years back. It was even better when I picked up two more for $8 ea. at Kmart on clearance.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#4 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

Does anyone know if I would be able to use a $50 video game credit I have towards this? I got this credit when I recently bought a 360.

#5 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

I would think so. Not 100% sure. Just add it to your cart and go to checkout. It will show you there in the cart when it breakdown the payment options.

#6 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

Tempting, but not sure I need the extras.

#7 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

Regular price for live but with free extras is how I look at it.

I would be all over this if Sega made Typing of the Dead for XBLA that uses the chat pad. If only......

#8 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

I am tempted but I am good for 2 years as it is with a Pre paid card just sitting on my desk already. The keypad would be nice at times though.

#9 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

For those that haven't used it the chatpad is great. I don't even notice it being attached when I'm playing but it makes typing anything a ton easier!

ach.png

#10 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

Needs to be $30 or lower, I don't see a point using the chatpad anyway but fortunately I haven't let myself fall into this ridiculous BS of choosing texting for an hour instead of talking in 5 seconds.

#11 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

For those that haven't used it the chatpad is great. I don't even notice it being attached when I'm playing but it makes typing anything a ton easier!

Glad to hear it isn't as intrusive as it looks. I always was hesitant to get one because I was worried the damn thing would be noticeable.

#12 raiser

raiser

CAG-Zombie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

+1 I've had one for years. Great for 16 digit MS codes, messaging, searching Netflix...

The ONLY negative I can see is that the headphone adapter is different.
It has a single-pin mini headphone plug which is incompatible with
the 3-pin headphones that plug into the standard 360 controller.
If the included headphone plug breaks I am not sure how easy the single-pin headphones are to replace.
Probably works with any standard cell-phone headset though.

It makes your controller look a lot bigger, but it doesn't add much weight or interfere with controls.

#13 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

+1 I've had one for years. Great for 16 digit MS codes, messaging, searching Netflix...

The ONLY negative I can see is that the headphone adapter is different.
It has a single-pin mini headphone plug which is incompatible with
the 3-pin headphones that plug into the standard 360 controller.
If the included headphone plug breaks I am not sure how easy the single-pin headphones are to replace.
Probably works with any standard cell-phone headset though.

It makes your controller look a lot bigger, but it doesn't add much weight or interfere with controls.

I'm guessing you got your 360 many years ago. MS changed to a single-pin headset in 2007 or 2008. The original Rock Band instruments came with adapters as well.