Red Dead Redemption -- 29.99 @ TRU

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 dakid1000

dakid1000

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:36 AM

Just stopped by my local toys r us in stockton, california and it has RDR on sale for thirty bucks on both consoles. The sign in store said that the sale is good until 5/28.

I don't remember seeing it in the ad, so if you're interested and don't have the game yet, pick it up ;-)

#2 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:43 AM

Why's the GOTY/Complete version taking forever to come out? I know it's coming out, just release it already, ahhh.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:46 AM

RDR GOTY incoming? Possible GH's also timing seems right with LA Noire so close package deals like buy LA Noire get RDR for $20.

Link:
http://thegaminglibe...n-goty-edition/

#4 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:50 AM

RDR GOTY incoming? Possible GH's also timing seems right with LA Noire so close package deals like buy LA Noire get RDR for $20.

Link:
http://thegaminglibe...n-goty-edition/

That's probably the case... in which case, I'd just wait.

I enjoyed RDR a lot (my 2010 GotY), but I honestly wonder why I bother getting games near release these days since every company puts out a GotY or Ultimate version with all the bonus content/DLC for a lot less.:-k

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#5 dakid1000

dakid1000

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:08 AM

Well don't I just feel like a sucker

#6 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

I'll just wait for the GOTY. I traded in RDR to BB for $30, so I'm just biding my time right now.

BTW, will the GOTY allow you to use your game saves on the original?

#7 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:19 AM

I enjoyed RDR a lot (my 2010 GotY), but I honestly wonder why I bother getting games near release these days since every company puts out a GotY or Ultimate version with all the bonus content/DLC for a lot less.:-k

It's all about the pre-order promos to me if I get the game on day 1 for $30-$40 plus $10-$20 in credit by the time the GOTY comes out I can usually get $20 back & put that towards the GOTY at no loss. I never buy DLC anyways so I don't have to make that back up. It's all about reading the tea leafs & knowing what a companies track record is. MVC3 there will be another one w/all the DLC, Dragon Age 2 same I think ME3 might too(delayed till 2012) the PS3 version of ME2 opens that door.

#8 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:26 AM

Been thinking about trading my copy in to BestBuy. Any word on when the GOTY will release?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#9 mis0

mis0

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

Waiting on the GOTY as well. I almost never buy a game at release as well. Making an exception for Catherine. :D

[mis0's tradelist]

#10 spOOfy

spOOfy

Cheap Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:30 AM

Been waiting for a GOTY version of this game ever since I got my PS3 back in Jan.

#11 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

I really want this game again for under $20, or a GotY edition for $30.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#12 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:33 AM

Blah blah blah GOTY blah blah blah blah blah.

#13 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:58 AM

Hey did anyone hear this is getting a Game of the Year edition? Which, incidentally, is an absolutely meaningless title?

#14 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:16 AM

I picked up my copy for $40 and picked up the Undead Nightmare for $5 so $45.

#15 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

how you trade in red dead redemption for 30 over at BB? Shows $20 for me.

#16 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

Why would you wait for something that my not even come out?

You can get Red Dead Redemption and the Undead Nightmare for $40 now in days. There is your GOTY edition.

#17 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:08 AM

Why would you wait for something that my not even come out?

You can get Red Dead Redemption and the Undead Nightmare for $40 now in days. There is your GOTY edition.

Because it's almost guaranteed to come out, even without that link someone just posted. All big games with DLC come out with GOTY/Complete editions.

Furthermore, Rockstar's already done it with two previous games this generation.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#18 ThePriceIsRight

ThePriceIsRight

Kupo b*tch!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:29 AM

I would say because of online MP, but then again Uncharted 2 mp is still crazy active. Glad i got that GOTY :)

Got RDR & Undead during black friday for $50. Good game, but not great imo. Guess I'm tired of the whole "GTA Formula".

#19 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

So after the GOTY comes out, the regular edition will be clearanced in most stores. So the question, should I buy the regular edition for maybe 10 bucks somewhere or wait another year or so and get the GOTY edition for 20?

#20 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

So has anyone confirmed this deal is all over and not regional? TRU is a bit of a drive for me and with gas costing 40 billion dollars a gallon I'd hate to drive there and find the sale isn't in effect.
Posted Image

#21 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

One game I don't regret getting on release day.

So glad I didn't wait for a GOTY edition, you guys are missing out big time.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#22 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

I picked up RDR for $30 and Undead Nightmare (Disc based version) for $10.

One question - is there a disc based Undead Nightmare that does not contain Liars and Cheats and Killers and Legends? I thought I installed everything on the disc, but it does not show the ability to play anything other than Undead Nightmare.

Are the other 2 DLC packs simply integrated into the game (so they aren't selectable add-ons to play)?

#23 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

So has anyone confirmed this deal is all over and not regional? TRU is a bit of a drive for me and with gas costing 40 billion dollars a gallon I'd hate to drive there and find the sale isn't in effect.

I saw the same deal in Sac yesterday, so I think it's everywhere
Posted Image

#24 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:51 PM

I read this as Red Faction Armageddon for 30 bucks.

Guys, if you just want Red Faction multiplayer, just get the Undead Nightmare DISC. The single player is still pretty bad, like the original game. It's interesting for the first hour until it repeats itself over and over. Horse riding is much faster though.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#25 H3xum

H3xum

Beeeyyyaahhhhhh!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

Well don't I just feel like a sucker

Don't. Rockstar won't release the RDR GOTY anytime around the LA Noire release date.

Play it and enjoy it at a good price and track down undead online for 5-10 and you're set

#26 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

I read this as Red Faction Armageddon for 30 bucks.

Guys, if you just want Red Faction multiplayer, just get the Undead Nightmare DISC. The single player is still pretty bad, like the original game. It's interesting for the first hour until it repeats itself over and over. Horse riding is much faster though.

What? RDR single player is amazing. One of the best games I've ever played.

#27 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Don't. Rockstar won't release the RDR GOTY anytime around the LA Noire release date.

Gamestop & Amazon have a RDR GoTY strategy guide listed as releasing in august & september respectively. I've never heard of a guide releasing much earlier or later than the game it's for.

#28 BillyBob29

BillyBob29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

One game I don't regret getting on release day.

So glad I didn't wait for a GOTY edition, you guys are missing out big time.

I don't see how anyone is missing out by waiting. This game doesn't have a big multiplayer component so the idea of buying on or around day 1 to participate when the online userbase is the largest isn't present.

The single player experience is going to be exactly the same, doesn't matter if it is played at release or a year later. The only thing that changes is how much extra you have in your pocket after the purchase.

Personally, while I thought the game looked good. I didn't see a multiplayer component worthy of a $60 purchase so I am definately in the camp that is waiting. Originally $30 was my buy price but then all the DLC came out and I knew an ultimate or GOTY edition was coming so now I'm waiting for that.

There are plenly of other games to play in the meantime.

#29 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

I don't see how anyone is missing out by waiting. This game doesn't have a big multiplayer component so the idea of buying on or around day 1 to participate when the online userbase is the largest isn't present.

The single player experience is going to be exactly the same, doesn't matter if it is played at release or a year later. The only thing that changes is how much extra you have in your pocket after the purchase.

Personally, while I thought the game looked good. I didn't see a multiplayer component worthy of a $60 purchase so I am definately in the camp that is waiting. Originally $30 was my buy price but then all the DLC came out and I knew an ultimate or GOTY edition was coming so now I'm waiting for that.

There are plenly of other games to play in the meantime.

I almost replied to his post also but decided not to. Let's face it, there are always some people, even on CAG, that claim people are 'missing out' because they chose to play it a year or two later and pay significantly less for the game and dlc. My only decision now, do I buy the original release when it is. clearanced for 10 after the goty is released or do I wait until late 2012 and pick up the goty version for 20 then.
I'm not sure when the next xbox and playstations come out but when they do, it will drive down prices too. We know the next Nintendo console is coming out in 2012.

#30 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

We know the next Nintendo console is coming out in 2012.

Uhh no, this november. Nintendo has released a new console (NOT handheld) every 5 years since the SNES.