Assassin's Creed Revelations - The End of Ezio's Story - November

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

Ubisoft announces Assasin's Creed Revelations after a few teasers.

http://www.computera...nshot-released/

Today, Ubisoft announced the development of Assassin's Creed Revelations, the fourth installment in the critically acclaimed and immensely popular video game franchise. Developed and led by Ubisoft Montreal with the support and expertise of Ubisoft studios Annecy, Massive Entertainment, Quebec, Singapore and Bucharest, Assassin's Creed Revelations presents the most immersive experience available in the series to date and the culmination of Ezio's adventure. The game is set to release on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC this November.

Initially launched in 2007, the first three Assassin's Creed games have sold more than 28 million units worldwide, and the franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series on next generation consoles. Recognized for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin's Creed has transcended video games, branching out into other entertainment experiences such as comic books, Facebook, novels, short films and more.

In Assassin's Creed Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of his legendary mentor, Altaïr, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path - one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilize the region.

In addition to Ezio's award-winning story, the acclaimed online multiplayer experience returns, refined and expanded, with more modes, more maps and more characters that allow players to test their assassin skills against others from around the world. The latest chapter in the Assassin's Creed saga also includes revolutionary gameplay, allowing players to manipulate the construct of Desmond's memories and the Animus to decipher the mysteries of his past and gain insight into the future.

"Delivering the final chapter of the Ezio trilogy is an important milestone in the Assassin's Creed franchise for us and for our fans," said Alexandre Amancio, Creative Director at Ubisoft Montreal. "Assassin's Creed Revelations includes lots of new features and some significant surprises. We can't wait to show our fans what we have in store at E3 this year."

Can't wait! Constantinople though??
Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^ Amazon gift card count so far: $650 ^^^

#2 cliqueatnightvandal

cliqueatnightvandal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

I have a hard time respecting a series that makes yearly releases. That said quality will most-likely be top notch.

#3 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

I have a hard time respecting a series that makes yearly releases.

I would agree with this if they had not proven me wrong with AC:Bh.
Spoiler

#4 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

I have a hard time respecting a series that makes yearly releases. That said quality will most-likely be top notch.

Pretty silly statement. AC has consistently improved each time out. And AC BH was the best, despite coming a year after II. I have high hopes and will now eagerly anticipate each release in the franchise until they do wrong.

#5 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

No, 2 was the best. Brotherhood was good though.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

No, 2 was the best. Brotherhood was good though.

I know this is mostly something that gets written off as a personal opinion- but I'm curious what would cause you to say that 2 was better than Bh. Care to elaborate?

The combat improvements, assassin meta games, mission sync challenges, guild interactions and horse control improvements were all done so well. It's hard to view Bh as anything other than an improvement on AC2.

AC2 is amazing too though, based on the fact that it was the next step from AC (which I honestly think was a bad game).
Spoiler

#7 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

Assassin's Greed. How about you stop milking this into oblivion Ubi?

#8 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

Don't forget the addition of the MP, which I thought was super cool. Took them a few patches to get it just right. With that experience, I expect this one to play well out of the gate.

And as far as milking, they would stop if people didn't buy them. And people wouldn't buy them if they weren't super solid. It is win win now (at worst you don't have to play it), until Ubi drops the ball.

EDIT

Just realized we get to play as Altair as well...

"spread out between three playable characters: A distinguished Ezio, who ventures to Constantinople amid the rise of the Ottoman Empire; 12th-century assassin Altair; and the descendant who ties them all together, Desmond."

Edited by Saint Noir, 05 May 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#9 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

Don't forget the addition of the MP, which I thought was super cool. Took them a few patches to get it just right. With that experience, I expect this one to play well out of the gate.

And as far as milking, they would stop if people didn't buy them. And people wouldn't buy them if they weren't super solid. It is win win now (at worst you don't have to play it), until Ubi drops the ball.

EDIT

Just realized we get to play as Altair as well...

"spread out between three playable characters: A distinguished Ezio, who ventures to Constantinople amid the rise of the Ottoman Empire; 12th-century assassin Altair; and the descendant who ties them all together, Desmond."

Agreed. I was going to leave the MP stuff alone though- since it couldn't really be compared to the AC2 experience.

I'm excited about getting Altair back into the picture. He seemed like a cool character that didn't get to really do much because of the way that AC1 was formatted. If they were going to do something to tie Altair & Ezio together, I kind of wish they had done a 2nd game of just Altair post Apple when he estabilished the league, then a wrap-up game after that.

Story wise- Ezio will be about 50 years old when this game starts, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to be diving off of building and stuff. Maybe his sections of the game will take a backset to Desmond and Altair this time around.
Spoiler

#10 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

Story wise- Ezio will be about 50 years old when this game starts, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to be diving off of building and stuff. Maybe his sections of the game will take a backset to Desmond and Altair this time around.

He looks grizzled for sure. Maybe that is why they are introducing the new tool that is some sort of climbing hook... so he isn't scurrying up buildings as much. Needs a boost. :lol:

#11 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

Assassin's Greed. How about you stop milking this into oblivion Ubi?

I want more, love these games, and so far the quality hasnt suffered so who cares?

#12 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:46 PM

Will this be the final chapter though? Or is it just the end of Ezio saga.

After playing 2 i just presumed that 3 would wrap it up. Then came Brotherhood which was excellent and I just presumed was AC2.5 and a filler (albeit great filler) in between the 3rd and final chapter.

Like me some Revelations too though. Will definitely pick up.
Posted Image

#13 Azazael13

Azazael13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

Awesome, Fuck the haters! Will get this on day one.

#14 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

I guess it is expected for AC3 to be released in 2012 and coincide with the whole "end of the world" bullshit. Until then, I guess Ubi needed another filler lol. Anyway, definitely picking this up if I can play as Altair again.

#15 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

I want more, love these games, and so far the quality hasnt suffered so who cares?

Because it bankrupts creativity and I start to tune out games that are constantly being released. AC is awesome, but I don't want to play it every year. When I'm reviewing gaming news daily, stuff like 'NEW SCREENSHOT ZOMG' just wears on me and by the time the game comes out I'm so sick of hearing about it I don't feel a driving need to play it. Maybe that's a separate issue, but if it continues year after year then it has the same effect really.

#16 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

Some cool tidbits here. Definitely has my interest peaked and doesn't sound as if they are resting on their laurels at all.

http://www.joystiq.c...hookblades-bom/

#17 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

I also thought 2 was better than Brotherhood. I dont know why. Might be I liked the story better, but I also seemed to think the frame rate and overall performance seemed to take a hit in Brotherhood. I could have forgotten how 2 was though. Also, for the record, I hated the first game. Revelations has my piqued my interest.

EDIT: Oh cool. If they can make this new hookblade tool similar to the way Infamous railgrinding and/or Just Cause 2's chute worked, I will be all over it. I loved those games since you could zip around the map real fast. This could make the new AC even more fun to traverse.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#18 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

I know this is mostly something that gets written off as a personal opinion- but I'm curious what would cause you to say that 2 was better than Bh. Care to elaborate?

The combat improvements, assassin meta games, mission sync challenges, guild interactions and horse control improvements were all done so well. It's hard to view Bh as anything other than an improvement on AC2.

AC2 is amazing too though, based on the fact that it was the next step from AC (which I honestly think was a bad game).

I thought the Single Player was better. The Pope was a much better villain than Caesar. I also really didn't like the ending of Brotherhood. It was a giant "Fuck You" moment for me.

In addition, there was no real point in having 100% Synchronization of Missions stuff in Brotherhood. It didn't net you anything extra or do anything. Also...getting the Flags sucked so much worse in Brotherhood than in 2.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#19 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:29 AM

I thought the Single Player was better. The Pope was a much better villain than Caesar. I also really didn't like the ending of Brotherhood. It was a giant "Fuck You" moment for me.

In addition, there was no real point in having 100% Synchronization of Missions stuff in Brotherhood. It didn't net you anything extra or do anything. Also...getting the Flags sucked so much worse in Brotherhood than in 2.

100 percent sync did net you unlockables, they were for replaying of levels only, but it did get you something. You also got a bronze trophy if you 100 synced one level and a silver trophy is you 100 everything plus the DLC.

#20 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

Some cool tidbits here. Definitely has my interest peaked and doesn't sound as if they are resting on their laurels at all.

http://www.joystiq.c...hookblades-bom/

-Never played the first AC, so I'll be looking forward to playing as Altair
-I wish they'd put some combat in for Desmond as well, not a big fan of just the climbing and running
-Having four districts is nice, hopefully it'll be bigger than Brotherhood's Rome
-Random events a la Red Dead is a nice addition
-Lastly, hookblade? Sure!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:50 AM

The pope was cool, but the face of Jesus was right up there with him i thought.

The ending was a little more abrupt than the first 2 games- but really it's all been handled the same.
Spoiler

#22 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=4190
The GI scans are up

#23 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for posting that- it was a pretty good read. I just skimmed most of it, but it answers a lot of questions I had.
Spoiler

#24 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

http://www.gameinfor...PostPageIndex=1

Some info on the characters.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

From the Playstation Blog:

http://blog.us.plays...ons-at-e3-2011/

A round-up of the videos shown during E3.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 Killagamer

Killagamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

They really need to stop milking this series, this game feels like more of the same.

after this game don't make any other AC game for about 4 years.

#27 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

It's been annualized. Get used to it.

As long as the gameplay continues to improve I can make room for it in my schedule every November.
Spoiler

#28 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

I'm excited I can't wait for Revelations, I really love AC

210452.png

#29 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

Did anyone else get in on the MP Beta for this? I got an invite for it and I don't know how. Not complaining though.

#30 Foxx

Foxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

Did anyone else get in on the MP Beta for this? I got an invite for it and I don't know how. Not complaining though.

Nope. and I'm an avid Brothehrood MP player too, meanwhile my friends who doesn't even play get in...

lobster-dog20-1.jpg