Super Street Fighter IV (360) $19.99 w/ Amazon Prime

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 noobeffect

noobeffect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

Amazon has a few third-party sellers offering Super Street Fighter IV for Xbox 360 at $19.99

http://www.amazon.co...04825513&sr=1-1

If you buy Super at $19.99 and then the Arcade Edition DLC for $15, then you've spent $35, which is less than the price of Super at launch and less than the Arcade Edition-only disc which is going for $40.

Edited by noobeffect, 08 May 2011 - 03:31 AM.

#2 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

This is tempting. I am more of a mortal combat guy. I think my girl will prefer sf more though.

#3 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

Good deal. I'm holding out for the Arcade edition and a B1G1 TE fight stick deal. Though I'll probably have to wait a long ass time for the fight stick deal.

Must ... resist... TE.... fight ... stick....

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#4 aots16

aots16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Dont see how everyone loves the TE. I dont much care for the mad catz button layout. The hori sticks feel better with the button placement.
Posted Image

#5 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

Dont see how everyone loves the TE. I dont much care for the mad catz button layout. The hori sticks feel better with the button placement.

based on other user postings, they vouch for the TE sticks. and they've used the SE ones before to truly compare so i'll take their word for it.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#6 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

arcade edition is coming out in about 2 months and will probably retail for $39.99;

but you could also get this.. and buy the arcade edition dlc for $15 on psn/xbox live.

#7 akuma77

akuma77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

gahhh why only ps3 :(

#8 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

arcade edition is coming out in about 2 months and will probably retail for $39.99;

but you could also get this.. and buy the arcade edition dlc for $15 on psn/xbox live.

it has been confirmed for $39.99 which comes with all the costumes, if ya got a 360 grab it for 360 because the connection is smoother! I can confirm this myself because I'm a SF nut, I own both vers of super SF 4,and fight sticks for both platforms.

Posted Image

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#9 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

Well, you can't play it anyway on PSN. :)

#10 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

Well, you can't play it anyway on PSN. :)

There is also times where the match will disconnect on PSN between and during fights. Anyway if you don't care for AE disc ver. It's gonna be $15 for AE (download)

#11 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

Whew, just sold my SSFIV 360 copy for $18 just a few days ago on the marketplace. :P

I'll pick up the Arcade Edition when it drops down to $30 after the first month or two. I'd just rather have a disc with the content rather than have the content trapped on my hard drive.

#12 noobeffect

noobeffect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

Whew, just sold my SSFIV 360 copy for $18 just a few days ago on the marketplace. :P

I'll pick up the Arcade Edition when it drops down to $30 after the first month or two. I'd just rather have a disc with the content rather than have the content trapped on my hard drive.

If you do that then you'll only be able to play with the people who bought the AE disc or purchased the AE DLC. Those who have Super and the AE DLC will be able to switch between the two, meaning they will be able to play Super players who didn't upgrade and people who bought AE.

#13 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

it has been confirmed for $39.99 which comes with all the costumes, if ya got a 360 grab it for 360 because the connection is smoother! I can confirm this myself because I'm a SF nut, I own both vers of super SF 4,and fight sticks for both platforms.

are you kidding me!? i bought all 3 complete costume packs (sf4 and both the ssf4 dlc). now they are including it for free? :wall:

oh wells, i'll probably keep both of my ssf4 versions and get ssf4 arcade edition on disc for xbox anyways.

#14 noobeffect

noobeffect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

are you kidding me!? i bought all 3 complete costume packs (sf4 and both the ssf4 dlc). now they are including it for free? :wall:

oh wells, i'll probably keep both of my ssf4 versions and get ssf4 arcade edition on disc for xbox anyways.

AE does NOT come with costumes for free. All of the costumes are included on the disc but you still have to purchase them via XBL Marketplace/PSN/GFWL Marketplace.

#15 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

AE does NOT come with costumes for free. All of the costumes are included on the disc but you still have to purchase them via XBL Marketplace/PSN/GFWL Marketplace.

oh ok.. at least i didn't get screwed that much by capcom.

although that whole "dlc already on disc but you have to unlock it by buying it as dlc" is a whole other debate which i don't care for.

#16 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

I bit. I've been really wanting to play this for some time. I'll just grab the DLC disk on sale at some point.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#17 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

Another point worth mentioning is that the stand alone A.E. disc releases on June 28th while the DLC update goes live on June 7th so you get to start playing A.E. a good 3 weeks in advance by taking this route.

#18 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:13 AM

for free?
They bumped a Great Hits/Platinum Edition game to 40 bucks...again.

#19 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

Nice deal for the few people that don't already have it xD.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#20 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:07 AM

I don't see how this is a suprise, seeing back in history how we paid big backs for SF 2, SF 2 turbo, SSF2, SSF2 Turbo. I might get the AE when it's cheap enough

#21 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:57 AM

At least they're giving us a reasonably priced upgrade option this time around. They could have easily made everyone pay 39.99 for another disc. The price of those costume packs on the other hand...

#22 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:15 AM

Just snagged the 360 version for 19.95 from the same seller. Fulfilled by amazon so free 2 day shipping.

#23 claudespeed

claudespeed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:06 AM

amazon had this for $9.99 before
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

amazon had this for $9.99 before

Not Super.

#25 Digital Idiot

Digital Idiot

User has been disabled.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:46 PM

Pretty sure that this has been a semi regular price at retail for a few months, picked it up at Target at this price last year in fact, non-advertised price and not clearance. Seen it for 20 at Gamestop as well.

Retailers don't want to keep fighting games around, they are worse than music games when it comes to sales. That's why you see Mortal Kombat selling for 30 right now, the built in playerbase fighting fans already got theirs, and now retailers want to move their stock off shelves before the marketing dies on them and they become dust magnets. WB is happy to let retailers slash prices because they already got paid full price for the game (usually about $38-$42 wholesale) and the sales will help increase numbers for first month npds. After first month sales on fighters slump dramatically.

First Month of AE we will probably see up to a 20% promo in weekend flyers, but with the margin on a $40 game being nonexistent don't expect anything better until sales numbers crash.

To clarify on online modes, i believe all editions of Arcade will also be able to play against Super players when the disc and dlc release later this year, at least as I understood from the AE press release the game blogs posted. The presser said nothing about free costume unlocks, it's not impossible just improbable; 3D edition comes with all costumes for free... Let's all wish for it together and maybe tinkerbell will come to life.

Also people who buy on-disc dlc unlocks are chumps* ;).

(**Digital Idiot has considered buying those damn SF costume packs multiple times XD)

#26 greyzieoriental

greyzieoriental

is your Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

I bought all the DLC costumes, guess I'm a chump...I'm also a big ass SF fan, also support Capcom with SF, but not so much with Marvel. I will be buying AE DLC right when it pops up on the 7th. And couple months later maybe buy the AE disc when its $20. EVO is right around the corner. AE is the most exciting thing to come out for me in 2011 besides Marvel(which I suck at). Then 2012 SFxT, then the end of the world lol.

#27 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:06 AM

If you do that then you'll only be able to play with the people who bought the AE disc or purchased the AE DLC. Those who have Super and the AE DLC will be able to switch between the two, meaning they will be able to play Super players who didn't upgrade and people who bought AE.

Not trying to start anything, but I'm pretty sure the AE retail will be exactly like the DLC version.

#28 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

TEs give the option for "ergonomic" Vewlix layout used in Japanese arcades or the straight American style. It's pretty standard so I don't understand your gripe on the layout.

#29 noobeffect

noobeffect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:07 AM

Not trying to start anything, but I'm pretty sure the AE retail will be exactly like the DLC version.

What exactly are you refuting? It's been known, not only through Capcom representatives but through AE's trailer that:

If you own Super + the AE DLC: You'll be able to play with those who only have Super (did not upgrade to AE) AND those who upgraded with the AE DLC or purchased the AE disc.

If you only own the AE disc: You'll ONLY be able to play with those who upgraded/bought AE.

I was telling Kitoro this because buying the disc would basically be limiting the number of players he could play against online.

#30 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:19 AM

Capcom sucks. They made Street Fighter IV so frickin' confusing. First vanilla. Then Super. Now Arcade Edition?

They should've just released DLC for the Super and Arcade Edition. It's just weird that you have two separate games for getting achievements/trophies. We could've done all of these achievements in one actual game instead of spread them out across two.

And I really don't get why the AE disc can't play with the Super players. It's essence the same game. Who are the idiots running Capcom?