EA Sports Active 2 $19.99 Target B&M

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:46 AM

There is a temporary price cut on EA Sports Active 2 (Wii, PS3, X360/Kinect) to $19.99 until 5/28. It's great for those who missed out on the earlier Toys R Us deal.

#2 ssr

ssr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

Here's the obvious question: Is this the game-only or the bundle with the sensors?

I'd guess it's the bundle but I do know they sell the game standalone so I want to make sure.

#3 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

If I can find a 360 copy at one of my local stores, I'm totally getting it.

I tried to get one when TRU had it for $20 to no avail.

#4 ssr

ssr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:59 AM

Second question though for those familiar. Can the game itself be flipped on Amazon without sending the sensors with it? I just want a second set of sensors and the bundle for $20 is cheaper than a standalone set of sensors.

#5 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

Here's the obvious question: Is this the game-only or the bundle with the sensors?

I'd guess it's the bundle but I do know they sell the game standalone so I want to make sure.

I've never seen the game standalone at Target so I assume it's the bundle.

#6 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:02 AM

Second question though for those familiar. Can the game itself be flipped on Amazon without sending the sensors with it? I just want a second set of sensors and the bundle for $20 is cheaper than a standalone set of sensors.

I'm wondering this too. I saw though on Best Buy's video game estimator that you can trade it in for an $8.00 gift card for just the game except for the wii version, which is only a $6.00 gift card.

#7 milesbeyond

milesbeyond

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

Just called my Target and put one on hold. It's the bundle and he confirmed the temporary price cut! Sweet! I get a 10% discount there too. Thanks, OP!!

#8 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:17 AM

Costco has it for $14.98, if you want to go that route too.

#9 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:18 AM

I've never seen the game standalone at Target so I assume it's the bundle.

EA Sports Active 2 is only sold in one form, with the sensor(s). I wouldn't consider it a bundle since this product is unplayable without the sensor(s).

#10 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:21 AM

Costco has it for $14.98, if you want to go that route too.

IMO that deal is YMMV, since it wasn't available at my local Costco, and looked like it wasn't available there for some time.

Since the market is flooded with this product, every Target should have this in stock...

#11 MikeIsGood

MikeIsGood

CAG'n Since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:42 AM

Just had one put on hold for me. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#12 ssr

ssr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:07 AM

EA Sports Active 2 is only sold in one form, with the sensor(s). I wouldn't consider it a bundle since this product is unplayable without the sensor(s).

I swear I've seen the game alone in the glass case at Walmart. I very well could be remembering incorrectly cause I can't seem to find on Google any indication that it's sold alone but I would put money on my memory that I've seen it in Walmart before.

#13 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:09 AM

Ooo, I might have to go pick this up since Toys R Us was out when I went there.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#14 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:30 AM

I swear I've seen the game alone in the glass case at Walmart. I very well could be remembering incorrectly cause I can't seem to find on Google any indication that it's sold alone but I would put money on my memory that I've seen it in Walmart before.

The CD inside the box is packed liked a traditional game, so if you saw it in a glass case, perhaps it fell out and got separated from the retail packaging and it was just shelved like an individual game.

Since this game needs the sensor(s) to use it doesn't make sense to sell the CD separately, just like it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to sell the original Wii Fit from the Balance Board. But if there is ever a EA Active 3, I am sure it will be sold separately...

#15 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

My god there's tons of these sitting on the shelf at my target. Good price though and I got one of these at TRU awhile back for the same price.

#16 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

This might be a dumb question but could the wii version of the bands/monitors work with the PS3 version of them. The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of picking up the wii version for my gf and seeing if she can bring the monitors to my house when she comes by to play with my PS3 version that I already got.

Thanks

#17 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

This might be a dumb question but could the wii version of the bands/monitors work with the PS3 version of them. The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of picking up the wii version for my gf and seeing if she can bring the monitors to my house when she comes by to play with my PS3 version that I already got.

Thanks

I don't know for certain, but it could since they both use arm and leg sensors and a plug-in USB receiver. I would think that in order to save on manufacturing costs EA would have the same version be compatible for both the PS3 and Wii.

I suggest you contact EA to get a definative answer...

#18 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

I may have to get one since there were none at the Costco around here.
=========================
Posted Image

#19 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

Thanks

That's a good question. Just remember that the Wii bundle comes with one less sensor because the Wiimote is subbed in, so I'm not sure how it would work even if they're the same parts/sensors across the consoles.

#20 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

How does this compare to Your Shape Fitness Evolved for Kinect?

TheVila.png

#21 Magic_Knight

Magic_Knight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

Thanks OP, I just got back from Target, picked one up for myself. Missed out on the TRU sale.
[URL="http://pfpowder.com"][/URL]

#22 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Picked it up over lunch and did one workout. I'm pretty impressed (and sweaty).

#23 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

Got one during lunch. Will start tomorrow morning!
=========================
Posted Image

#24 milesbeyond

milesbeyond

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

Did one workout! Felt great. For the most part the sensors are accurate, give or take a couple reps. Great deal. Thanks OP!

#25 jaide

jaide

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

Which version would you all recommend? Wii or PS3? I have an xbox 360, but no kinect.

#26 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

How does this compare to Your Shape Fitness Evolved for Kinect?

I have Your Shape, and while I do enjoy some aspects of it, based on what I've read about EA Sports Active, Your Shape is comparable to a warm-up while EA Active is the workout, given it apparently has a multi-week program that you can do.

One thing I don't like about Your Shape is that when they introduce a new exercise, you have to perfect it--in "rhythm"--before you can move on. Needless to say, I've quit the routines a couple times because while I have been doing what the exercise calls for, I have failed to get credit for it.

Once you get past that though, you won't be penalized for missing the rhythm or doing an exercise not correctly entirely.

#27 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

If its between PS3 and Wii, I'd definitely say PS3. Its in HD and you earn trophies.
Posted Image

#28 acetate3

acetate3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the tip! I just picked up the last 360 copy at the Columbia Heights, Washington DC store. They still had 5 or 6 PS3 copies available.

#29 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

Went to two Targets closest to me.

None left in stock.

#30 fieldkillah

fieldkillah

Bleeds Black & Gold

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

Got a 360 copy today, it was even the Target exclusive version with 2 additional resistance bands.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image