Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/22/11 to 5/28/11)

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#1 Lubis

Lubis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:14 AM

$29.99 Each for all platforms:
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock
DJ Hero 2
Tony Hawk Shred Big Air

$29.99 on the following 3DS games:
Asphalt 3D
Rabbids Travel in Time 3D
Rayman 3D
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
Super Monkey Ball 3D
Dream Trigger 3D
Spongebob Squigglepants 3D
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Ridge Racer 3D

Free $50 Gift Card when you buy Mortal Kombat and Fear 3 for 360 or PS3 in store only.
Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 7/31/11, except where prohibited.

#2 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:16 AM

Not a bad for the Fear 3 & MK deal

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#3 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

movies?
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#4 dypaehc

dypaehc

ssA paehC daeH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:34 AM

Are the Activision games bundles?

#5 Miro

Miro

Browncoat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:43 AM

Fear 3 doesn't come out for another month+. That deal for MK + Fear 3 makes no sense to me lol

#6 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:27 AM

DOA: Dimensions for $30!? Hype LEVEL UP! Can't wait for it to come out.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#7 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:29 AM

That would be AWESOME if the promo was MK + Fear 2 = $50 gift card....

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#8 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:08 AM

The replacement promo for MK + FEAR 3 is just $20 off MK again.

#9 Lubis

Lubis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

Are the Activision games bundles?

Yeah the Guitar bundle for GH, turn table for DJ hero and Skateboard for Tony Hawk.

Fear 3 doesn't come out for another month+. That deal for MK + Fear 3 makes no sense to me lol

Seems like TRU made this ad before the delay.

#10 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:13 AM

Hell, if Best Buy or K-Mart doesnt do a DOA deal, looks like im getting it at TRU ^_^.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:23 AM

Good for mk deal

Games My life..8.gif

#12 z-money

z-money

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:04 AM

Wow, $30 for DoA? I'm all over that.

#13 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:12 AM

Is this confirmed?

#14 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:13 AM

So it will be 30 bucks for MK (if you still have a coupon) again? That seems odd, but cool, I guess!

#15 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:21 AM

Does Amazon ever match TRU prices? I'd love to get DOAD for $30 delivered to my office rather than taking a trek to a TRU... I'm shocked at the day one price though. Good shit TRU.

#16 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:28 AM

Does Amazon ever match TRU prices? I'd love to get DOAD for $30 delivered to my office rather than taking a trek to a TRU... I'm shocked at the day one price though. Good shit TRU.

That would be quite awesome, 15$ worth of Amazon Credit and nothing to use it on.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:50 AM

So it will be 30 bucks for MK (if you still have a coupon) again? That seems odd, but cool, I guess!

The coupon in question expired on 05/15

#18 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:22 AM

Isn't it $70 if you price match at Best Buy? Do you think they'll price match?

#19 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:44 AM

The coupon in question expired on 05/15

No fun. I've got one of those for epic mickey still sitting on my desk and it says 6/25, so I assumed that all of those coupons were good until 6/25. Thanks for the heads up though!

#20 Yin3Yang

Yin3Yang

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:47 AM

I hope amazon price match that DOA Dimension deal. :]

#21 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:07 AM

No fun. I've got one of those for epic mickey still sitting on my desk and it says 6/25, so I assumed that all of those coupons were good until 6/25. Thanks for the heads up though!

Yeah I'm still holding onto the Epic Mickey coupons too... but unfortunately I can confirm that the MK coupon has expired because I just threw a bunch out when I was going through my receipts and coupons earlier today. I'm not sure about the Homefront coupon that may or may not be expired

#22 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:04 AM

Is this confirmed?

Yes, this is from the store setup planner for the ad.

#23 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

Hoping Amazon matches the DOA price.
Posted Image

#24 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Isn't it $70 if you price match at Best Buy? Do you think they'll price match?

$70 yep
Per policy no it's "bundling" so YMMV...I got it twice before w/COD+dead space 2 & bulletstorm+KZ3. It's all about "selling" the manager not to lose a large sale that's how I got it.
This would've been a great flip if fear 3 was actually releasing next week, I already have MK & I think the TIV at BB is $30

#25 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

$70 yep
Per policy no it's "bundling" so YMMV...I got it twice before w/COD+dead space 2 & bulletstorm+KZ3. It's all about "selling" the manager not to lose a large sale that's how I got it.
This would've been a great flip if fear 3 was actually releasing next week, I already have MK & I think the TIV at BB is $30

Your store must be quite awesome Enuf, because i cant even get mine to PM the Gift Card deals from L.A Noire <_<. Probally gonna have to call corporate just to get them to PM DoA Dimensions next week
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:23 AM

Your store must be quite awesome Enuf, because i cant even get mine to PM the Gift Card deals from L.A Noire <_<. Probally gonna have to call corporate just to get them to PM DoA Dimensions next week

I wish enuf could do all my purchases for me. He always pulls in a great haul.

Dude is a straight up G!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#27 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:35 AM

I didn't even do it at my local BB I went to the one in King of Prussia b/c the TRU is SO close to BB(literally right around the corner). I took pics confirming the items were in stock, had a copy of the BB forums post with their Corp rep. explaining that not only they do pm gc offers but he says how to do it, I had the ad & I told them point blank I'd rather give BB the $. I'm like I'm a RZ silver/gamers club member & having $100 in TRU gc wouldn't do much for me since I don't buy action figures or diapers all 4 CS reps laughed and agreed then worked out the deal. Didn't hurt that it was a over $150 either manager didn't want to lose the sale.

Plus, once you start doing it alot CS gets use to you just make sure they all know you'll always have proof of the sale & after a while they just know pm only question is what store.

#28 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

I didn't even do it at my local BB I went to the one in King of Prussia b/c the TRU is SO close to BB(literally right around the corner). I took pics confirming the items were in stock, had a copy of the BB forums post with their Corp rep. explaining that not only they do pm gc offers but he says how to do it, I had the ad & I told them point blank I'd rather give BB the $. I'm like I'm a RZ silver/gamers club member & having $100 in TRU gc wouldn't do much for me since I don't buy action figures or diapers all 4 CS reps laughed and agreed then worked out the deal. Didn't hurt that it was a over $150 either manager didn't want to lose the sale.

Plus, once you start doing it alot CS gets use to you just make sure they all know you'll always have proof of the sale & after a while they just know pm only question is what store.

I'm going to attempt this one day when the deals are better. Enuf you rock. I wanted to price match Alice when it comes out but I'm not sure what best buy is going to do with it. Amazon/TRU are the cheapest but best buy has nothing come with it, even the pre-order 500 points isn't there. Hoping to for a good Hunted deal though.

#29 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

I'm going to attempt this one day when the deals are better. Enuf you rock. I wanted to price match Alice when it comes out but I'm not sure what best buy is going to do with it. Amazon/TRU are the cheapest but best buy has nothing come with it, even the pre-order 500 points isn't there. Hoping to for a good Hunted deal though.

about 2 months ago, a reg store rep working in the game dept. told me that BB woulb be getting really agressive w/gaming deals & then comes all these $10-$20 gc offer along with the $10 pre-order. Also, all these unadvertised deals that have been matching other stores sales including amazon came about. He also spoke about them adding dedicated gaming reps & trade in counters sorta like a GS inside BB. Once these changes are made the deals are really gonna ramp up b/c the pay/bonus structure for the gaming reps will work in favor of the customer to generate more sales.

Hunted has the $10 pre-order bonus it's on the 1st page of the RZ site in the gamers section. After E3 there's gonna be a "dead" gaming period for huge AAA titles which should offer alot of "combo" deals that will help to move less popular titles.

#30 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

about 2 months ago, a reg store rep working in the game dept. told me that BB woulb be getting really agressive w/gaming deals & then comes all these $10-$20 gc offer along with the $10 pre-order. Also, all these unadvertised deals that have been matching other stores sales including amazon came about. He also spoke about them adding dedicated gaming reps & trade in counters sorta like a GS inside BB. Once these changes are made the deals are really gonna ramp up b/c the pay/bonus structure for the gaming reps will work in favor of the customer to generate more sales.

Hunted has the $10 pre-order bonus it's on the 1st page of the RZ site in the gamers section. After E3 there's gonna be a "dead" gaming period for huge AAA titles which should offer alot of "combo" deals that will help to move less popular titles.

I just think everyone is a little jealous and envious of all the success you have getting PM's; especially atypical PM's that involve GC's or coupons and bundles.

I understand you put a lot of legwork in and took the time to get familar with the reps at your store and at the BB Forums; but honestly I feel like if I make a big commotion at my store then I'm going to have a bullseye on my back. I spend a lot of money on games there and if it is a super hot deal I buy to resell or flip elsewhere. That is against BB's T&C. You can not be a RZ member and be a reseller. Saving an extra $5 to $10 isn't worth me having my account red flagged. Also, I only have one Best Buy in my market, the next closest is over 100 miles.

I am fairly positive that if I started bringing each game, system, accessory etc back sometime during the 45 day window to get a price guarantee or a return/rebuy or a price match to another retailer I'm going to get myself banned from that store.