Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] Gamestop Memorial Day PC Digital Deals FO3 GotY (registers on Steam) $14.99

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

http://www.gamestop....l-download-deal

$4.99
Magicka (thanks to wankerjr for finding out it registers on Steam)

$5.99
Half Life 2
“ P.A.M” Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

$7.49
Tropico 3

$9.99
Borderlands
Mass Effect 2
King Arthur
Ship Simulator Extremes
Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

$11.99
Bad Company 2

$14.99
Medal of Honor
Guild Wars Trilogy
Street Fighter 4
Fallout 3: Game of the Year* (thanks to jkimrey for finding out it registers on Steam)

$19.99
Cities XL 2011
The Sims 3

$23.99
Metro 2033

$27.99
Dead Space 2
Everquest II: Destiny of Velious
Dungeons

$34.99
Rift

*Currently "OOS" but GS only tells you that after you complete the purchase. SD users have reported codes will be replenished with 72 hours but Steamability of those new codes (good "word" BobbyTastic) is unknown.

Edited by Sway, 31 May 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#2 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

wow theres actually decent deals there...from gamestop? Do they have their own launcher program? Or does it go through steam?

#3 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

wow theres actually decent deals there...from gamestop? Do they have their own launcher program? Or does it go through steam?

Well I don't know if it uses impulse or not yet but it doesn't directly use Steam. I will say though it depends on the game if you can/can't get it working on Steam.

That Fallout GOTY might not work on Steam because I have a retail disk of the vanilla version and it doesn't register through steam.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

Might get Magicka, unless someone can tell me it's been on sale for cheaper or know how I can get it for cheaper.

Tired of waiting for the XBLA version....

EDIT: Nevermind. It's not even a real deal. Just checked Amazon and it's already $4.99...

#5 SiMMENS

SiMMENS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

Yeah Steam would be cool but I was just getting ready to buy the Fallout DLC on XBL for half off but I can get the game and all 5 DLCs for $15 bucks here on PC.

#6 IcBluScRn

IcBluScRn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

does anyone know if games like mass effect 2 / borderlands look much better then console on a higher end pc? i played all the games i want to buy on consoles already and to me loked good enough. i just have a pc with no games and was thing on jumping in on these deals for a couple of replays.2nd question would a pre-paid american express work for this type of stuff? i dont want to give up my CC info.

#7 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

Gamestop's downloads still handled by trymedia, and I've had some problems on sales and such in the past with them, from purchases going through to downloading. I'd rather wait till they integrate in Impulse.

That is a hard to resist price on Fallout 3 GOTY if you don't have yet or just have base game.

Just an achievement note. There is not a separate list of achievements for vanilla fallout 3 and goty fallout 3. Its the same list. Still separate list for pc / 360, but thats always the case unless a title has cross-platform mulitiplayer, then it shares the same achievement list.

#8 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

If f3:goty was steamable, i would be all over it. Hopefully the big steam summer sale will price match this (or go even lower!). Still some pretty good prices from the gamestop sale in general.

#9 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Sales like this make me miss being a primarily PC gamer, I assume consoles will get no love during this fit of Gamestop generosity?

#10 cornyt

cornyt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

So if my computer dies, I can't re-download my gamestop copy of Fallout 3 GOTY unless I buy the 18-month insurance? If so, that's pretty much a deal-breaker for me.

#11 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

So if my computer dies, I can't re-download my gamestop copy of Fallout 3 GOTY unless I buy the 18-month insurance? If so, that's pretty much a deal-breaker for me.

http://www.gamestop....load_about.aspx

If my PC fails, can I recover my product?

If a trial version is available, follow these steps to reactivate your product:

Visit GameStop.com or EBgames.com and download and install the trial version of the product.
Start the product and click on the link labeled "Already Paid? Click Here".
Enter the email address you used at the time of purchase and your account password to login and activate the product.

If a trial version is unavailable, follow these steps to reactivate your product:

Visit the GameStop.com or EBgames.com "My Account" page
Click on the link "To access your digital download account click here."
Click on "Previous Orders" and click on the corresponding receipt to find a link to re-download and activate the product.

#12 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

'Tis why I hate digital copies of anything (aside from Steam stuff, I think I've learned to trust Microsoft to screw me when I buy stuff on XBLA, but I have a total hard-on for DLC on disks), 'specially with DRM.

#13 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

So I'm seriously thinking about Fallout 3:GOTY.

Wonder if it will cost less anywhere in the near future?

#14 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

So I'm seriously thinking about Fallout 3:GOTY.

Wonder if it will cost less anywhere in the near future?

... No. Seriously, $15 is a steal for this, the only problem was Steam compatibility, and people worried about losing their product if their computer died. Just noticed the post above mine from the other day, that's good to know, thank you!

The absolute bottom-price for this would be $10, but I seriously do not see that happening until maybe FO:NV gets a GotY. Just bite already.

I remember crapping myself over the new 360 version being $20, since I happily paid $33 for it used during a B2G1 free on GS' used stuff. It's a game with 5 DLC packs, it's worth it, I PROMISE.

#15 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

Fine. I bit.

Thanks for the push. :)

... No. Seriously, $15 is a steal for this, the only problem was Steam compatibility, and people worried about losing their product if their computer died. Just noticed the post above mine from the other day, that's good to know, thank you!

The absolute bottom-price for this would be $10, but I seriously do not see that happening until maybe FO:NV gets a GotY. Just bite already.

I remember crapping myself over the new 360 version being $20, since I happily paid $33 for it used during a B2G1 free on GS' used stuff. It's a game with 5 DLC packs, it's worth it, I PROMISE.

#16 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

Fine. I bit.

Thanks for the push. :)

Anything to help. Sorry if I was a bit pushy, and sorry if it's not Steamable. x_X But I don't see Steam selling it for any less than this (aside from that $10 mark when New Vegas gets a GotY?). But you won't regret paying $15 for it, if you're into this sort of game. Now go enjoy your 100+ hours of gameplay.

#17 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

Haha. Not pushy at all. With a backlog like I have, I *need* a good sales pitch.

And you got the job done.

It's downloading now.

Thanks again

Anything to help. Sorry if I was a bit pushy, and sorry if it's not Steamable. x_X But I don't see Steam selling it for any less than this (aside from that $10 mark when New Vegas gets a GotY?). But you won't regret paying $15 for it, if you're into this sort of game. Now go enjoy your 100+ hours of gameplay.

#18 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

Actually after about 1 min. of the install (and activating), it told me that I had to log onto steam with a specific code to activate.

Now it's downloading from Steam, so apparently it is Steam compatible (actually it's steam required)...

#19 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

Actually after about 1 min. of the install (and activating), it told me that I had to log onto steam with a specific code to activate.

Now it's downloading from Steam, so apparently it is Steam compatible (actually it's steam required)...

Perfect, and thank you for posting that. I'm sure a lot more people are willing to bite now. It seems my pushing has done some good after all. : D

#20 xspeedracerx

xspeedracerx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

Fallout 3:GOTY registers on Steam? That doesn't sound right...

#21 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

From the on-screen download instructions:

1. Download the Steam software from: https://store.steampowered.com/login/
2. Install the Steam software
3. Log-in or create a Steam account
4. Select 'Activate a product' from the 'games' menu at the top of Steam.
5. Click on "Activate a product" which is on the left-hand side at the bottom of your screen.
6. Enter your CD key exactly as it appears on your email (you have to respect the upper or lower case as well as spaces, or you can also copy/paste the key).
7. Hit Next and the game will be added to your Steam account and begin to download

#22 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:19 PM

I'd believe it. Also, I'm a big Battle Royale fan, and needed to point out that your avatar is awesome.

If only someone could edit the thread title to mention the Steamability.

#23 xspeedracerx

xspeedracerx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

From the on-screen download instructions:

1. Download the Steam software from: https://store.steampowered.com/login/
2. Install the Steam software
3. Log-in or create a Steam account
4. Select 'Activate a product' from the 'games' menu at the top of Steam.
5. Click on "Activate a product" which is on the left-hand side at the bottom of your screen.
6. Enter your CD key exactly as it appears on your email (you have to respect the upper or lower case as well as spaces, or you can also copy/paste the key).
7. Hit Next and the game will be added to your Steam account and begin to download

That still seems kind of strange, but I suppose this wouldn't be the first time one version of a game registers on Steam when every other version does not. Hopefully someone else can confirm this. Not that I think you're making this up or anything.

I'd believe it. Also, I'm a big Battle Royale fan, and needed to point out that your avatar is awesome.

If only someone could edit the thread title to mention the Steamability.

Thanks. Battle Royale is indeed awesome.

#24 cornyt

cornyt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:55 AM

http://www.gamestop....load_about.aspx

Thanks for the link!

#25 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:06 AM

That is whacky. Fallout 3 GOTY is NOT a steam required title. I wonder why Gamestop's download partner is selling the steam version? Strange strange strange. But a good deal for those that want it and prefer their games on Steam.

#26 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

That is whacky. Fallout 3 GOTY is NOT a steam required title. I wonder why Gamestop's download partner is selling the steam version? Strange strange strange. But a good deal for those that want it and prefer their games on Steam.

Have we perhaps discovered the deal of the year here? Rofl.
Nah, not much is gonna top that $160 GC if you buy a 160 GB PS3.

#27 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:03 AM

In for Fallout 3 GoTY - thanks OP!

Installed on Steam using the Key given in the email. (Otherwise, this product from Gamestop has a limit of 3 machine activations)

#28 xspeedracerx

xspeedracerx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:13 AM

Thanks jkimrey and hal. I just put an order in and it does indeed register on Steam.

#29 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:34 AM

Thanks for the info OP and guys who confirmed it work, got fallout 3 for steam! screw gamestop.com download service. Thanks a lot, I got a PS3 and did not get this game on the console because of all the problems. Now I can play it on PC... for this price is hard to resist!

#30 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:42 AM

Thanks for the info OP and guys who confirmed it work, got fallout 3 for steam! screw gamestop.com download service. Thanks a lot, I got a PS3 and did not get this game on the console because of all the problems. Now I can play it on PC... for this price is hard to resist!

More people in here need to feel like THIS. ^ So glad I was pushy earlier. There were problems for the console version? I have the 360 one and it plays fine, I release there's more patching/bug fixes on PC, but..