Photo
- - - - -

Infamous 2 Target $29.56 - Very YMMV (Online Only sticker on back over UPC)

• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#1 lydon

lydon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Just left Target, saw that they had a bunch of copies of infamous 2 on clearance. It seems like this is MLB 11 the show all over again, but based on what others say it is probably an extreme YMMV.

CheapyD Edit:
Other sitings here, here, here

Edited by lydon, 02 June 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#2 ivos

ivos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

Infaumous 2 is to be released June 7, how is this possible ???

#3 theEchness

theEchness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Infaumous 2 is to be released June 7, how is this possible ???

Same thing I was thinking?

#4 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

ill go check my target later today. Please post some pics if you can though

#5 ifhd

ifhd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

#6 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

I think those would be Infamous 1, not 2 . . . since 2 doesn't come out until 6/7.

#7 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

Either he means inFamous 1, in which case, is it really still that high? (Owned it since release.) Or he means they accidentally stocked inFamous 2 on the shelves AND made a price mistake. The latter isn't very likely though.

#8 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

same thing happened with mlb 2k11. target is known for putting out games early

#9 Rhiley1

Rhiley1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

inFamous 1 has been $10 at Best Buy recently and will be free to everyone in the US once the playstation store is back up and running.

#10 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

Nice OP thanks for the heads up.

Last time MLB 11 went up for clearance and was purchasable before the street date was because the clearance SKU was used. It registers differently within their system so the register won't recognize it like the normal brand new game.

Amazing deal but extreme YMMV.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#11 xx1jpt5xx

xx1jpt5xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

what target was this at? Im in MA too

#12 hle078

hle078

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

is target open today? might have to stop by later.

can you post pictures OP?
[URL="http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/hyuklee"]Posted Image[/URL]

#13 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

Do you think they'll know what I'm talking about if I call in and ask?

#14 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Seriously?

#15 GoVols

GoVols

Don't call 'cause if u do and they check it, they could correct it before you or any of us could get one...that is, if it is true!!!
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#16 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Just left Target, saw that they had a bunch of copies of infamous 2 on clearance. It seeks like this is MLB 11 the show all over again. Once I get back to my place I'll post images.

PM me with the target you went to please. I'll go "verify" this personally. =)

#17 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

I think those would be Infamous 1, not 2 . . . since 2 doesn't come out until 6/7.

As others have mentioned Target has done this before with MLB11 The show.

OP is a better man then me. I would have bought each one.

It gets by the street date check because the people in clearance put on a clearance tag which has a different barcode and won't prompt the "Do Not Sell Before...." alert

#18 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

If you read through the thread, it is a price mistake most likely due to the wrong UPC being used. If it is similar to MLB11, then Target has mistakenly used a clearance code instead of the regular one... Hence it is extremely YMMV. If you call and ask you may alert them to the pricing mistake and screw yourself out of a "deal"...but it is up to you.

It was probably a pricing error at his local store, rather than a nation-wide mixup. Now this thread is going to turn into a feeding frenzy. :-P

I know the muffin man!

#19 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

If you read through the thread, it is a price mistake most likely due to the wrong UPC being used. If it is similar to MLB11, then Target has mistakenly used a clearance code instead of the regular one... Hence it is extremely YMMV. If you call and ask you may alert them to the pricing mistake and screw yourself out of a "deal"...but it is up to you.

It was probably a pricing error at his local store. Now this thread is going to turn into a feeding frenzy. :-P

You're saying they're dumb enough to make this mistake but somehow intelligent enough to correct it when asked? I'm sure the guy putting them on the shelf had the thought cross his mind, if at all. Either way, I'm probably going to wait until some other people experience this phenomenon to go check for myself.

#20 MrOlympiaSC

MrOlympiaSC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Lol OP bought Infamous 1 for 30 bucks and he thinks this is a good deal. It's gonna be free for everyone tomorrow lol

#21 hle078

hle078

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

is there a way to check your local targets clearance inventory?
[URL="http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/hyuklee"]Posted Image[/URL]

#22 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

You're saying they're dumb enough to make this mistake but somehow intelligent enough to correct it when asked?

Yes I do.

#23 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

There's no way he means Infamous 1. Isn't it a greatest hits title now? For one, that would make it very difficult to him to mistake that for Infamous. 2, unless they didn't mark the first one down, they would essentially be selling Infamous 1 for MSRP. Pretty sure this is a freak accident. I wouldn't be surprised if they accidentally put out their copies of Infamous 2 early.

I would've scooped them all up and soldem on ebay ;)

SteamWidget.PNG

#24 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Lol OP bought Infamous 1 for 30 bucks and he thinks this is a good deal. It's gonna be free for everyone tomorrow lol

Maybe he meant 2 Infamous lol

#25 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

You're saying they're dumb enough to make this mistake but somehow intelligent enough to correct it when asked? I'm sure the guy putting them on the shelf had the thought cross his mind, if at all. Either way, I'm probably going to wait until some other people experience this phenomenon to go check for myself.

Yes. It was most likely a simple mixup. Calling the specific electronics dept may infact do just that (provided you get the video game enthusiast who just clocked in to work, or someone with a half a brain on their shoulders who doesnt sleep through work every day).

I dont know where you work, but dealing with thousands of upcs daily will eventually lead to mistakes. When I was working retail many mistakes were caught this way... Someone will notice as more calls come in and people come in to pick it up. It is just common sense IMHO.

EDIT: I already have inFamous 2, so do what you want. I just think it is funny as hell that all these people are getting all riled up for what is probably a pricing error local to the OP's store. :-P

Edited by RedRingOfDeath, 30 May 2011 - 03:40 PM.

I know the muffin man!

#26 CONMAN999

CONMAN999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

I'm headed towards my Target soon and I'll tell you guys what's up there If I can get a chance.

#27 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

OP still hasn't shown any proof.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#28 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

He means Infamous 2. If you knew what he meant about MLB 11 all over again, you would know that he meant they put out a new release game early.

#29 urge26

urge26

No time for games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

extreme ymmv.... stupid thread, and if you're going to post this then put where the store is so people can actually take advantage of it.

#30 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

...try reading the thread.