- - - - -

Amazon Dad & Grad Sale Final Week - PS3, 360, PC, Accessories

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:55 PM

Amazon's Week Dad & Grad Sale Week 2 - Handheld Specials

Was trying to see if there was a thread for this, but couldn't find it.

Anyways, on to the deal.

Small selection, but a few good titles in the mix.

Highlights:

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B001NJMMHG

*Edit*
This weeks Amazon sale of current gen consoles.

Edited by Squarehard, 12 June 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#2 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

Jumping on Dragon Quest V. Thanks!

#3 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

C'mon Square. You just reposted five or more other threads. ;)

There are more games and accessories in the PSP and 3DS sections. I propose this become the repository for all of the Dad & Grad video game deals.

Next week is "Next Gen Consoles and PC."

#4 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:34 AM

Yay! A second chance at getting Dragon Quest V for cheap. Thanks, OP!

#5 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

C'mon Square. You just reposted five or more other threads. ;)

There are more games and accessories in the PSP and 3DS sections. I propose this become the repository for all of the Dad & Grad video game deals.

Next week is "Next Gen Consoles and PC."

Duly noted my friend of bacon.

#6 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:46 AM

Got DQV.

I'd have grabbed TO if it was $5 cheaper.

Posted Image

#7 beard_of_zeus

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:06 AM

Picked up Professor Layton and the Curious Village, that's the one from the trilogy that I'm missing. Thanks for the heads up, OP!
Posted Image

#8 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:34 AM

Picked up Professor Layton and the Curious Village, that's the one from the trilogy that I'm missing. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Never got around to picking up the first one? ;D

#9 Distrato

Distrato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:34 AM

Awesome I've been waiting for Curious Village to go down.

#10 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:46 AM

definitely on the fence for 3rd Birthday. Loved the originals but heard the 3rd was iffy.

Kamagii.png

#11 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection is fantastic. Well worth $20 (I bought release day). One of the best RPGs I've played, plus After Years is pretty damn good. Brutal at times with the random encounters, but still good.

Teetering about 3rd Birthday. I love Parasite Eve and I dunno if it'll ever be under $20 again...

#12 supaman900s

supaman900s

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:31 AM

Also considering The 3rd Birthday, but i have never played the second game, and hardly remember the original, as i think i only watched someone play it back when it first released... I still
own a hard copy of it though...

#13 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:33 AM

Tempted on both 3rd Birthday and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Thanks OP.

#14 Duke.Togo

Duke.Togo

Game Tape Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:57 AM

In for DQV and FF 4 Warriors of Light. Thanks OP!

#15 MechaGojira

MechaGojira

Custom User Title?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for the heads up OP! Grabbed Duodecim and TO!
Posted Image

#16 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:58 AM

in for 1 DQ5 :)

Now i had 4/5/9 on DS. I may bite 6 when it drop down $20-ish :)
"Evil is Funs"

#17 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:24 AM

I loved the first professor layton but I haven't played the others yet. As for third bitlrthday, I'm going to wait till I can download it to the ps vita. The obvious control patch it would get would really help this game out. Oh and guys BIRTH BY SLEEP RULES ! Re coded I consider the bastard child of the series. I just looked up the ending and secret ending on YouTube insted of buying it

#18 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:51 AM

Hm... Re: Coded at $20...:-k

I'm not sure if I should bite. 358/2 left a bad impression on me (though the story at the end was simply fantastic).

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#19 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

I'm in for DQ5, but still on the fence for Final Fantasy IV. Thanks for the heads up.
And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#20 MidnightRider1

MidnightRider1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

picked up 3rd Birthday

#21 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

Picked up 3rd Birthday

#22 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

So, couple of things here:

• I'm extremely tempted by 3rd Birthday at that price, but all I keep hearing is that the gameplay is seriously gimped on the PSP b/c of the lack of a 2nd analog stick. I'd hate to buy the UMD version only to find out that the digital version gets an update on the NGP to incorporate the extra analog stick. Any thoughts?
  • In terms of the core Final Fantasy IV experience, which is the best version to play: the PSP edition (updated sprites, lower difficulty, less random battles) or the DS edition (3D graphics, dungeon maps, enhanced difficulty). Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

#23 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

Hope everybody's dad is a Square-Enix fan!

This dad is interested in Kingdom Hearts but it seems like it can go a lot lower than $20.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#24 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hope everybody's dad is a Square-Enix fan!

This dad is interested in Kingdom Hearts but it seems like it can go a lot lower than $20.

If you're referring to Birth By Sleep (PSP), then $20 is a steal--it's one of the best games on the PSP, and easily the best looking. Also, it's got a lot of content, and the gameplay can be as deep as you want it to be.

#25 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

If you're referring to Birth By Sleep (PSP), then $20 is a steal--it's one of the best games on the PSP, and easily the best looking. Also, it's got a lot of content, and the gameplay can be as deep as you want it to be.

Is the gameplay pretty similar to Crisis Core? That's been my favorite (non-port) PSP game yet.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#26 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

Eh may get 4 Heroes

#27 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Is the gameplay pretty similar to Crisis Core? That's been my favorite (non-port) PSP game yet.

It's an action-RPG, so the game shares a few similarities with Crisis Core; and, like Crisis Core, the game was adapted well to the PSP's control scheme, so you won't spend much time wrestling with buttons.

The game has a required install, with the largest option being almost 900MB's of data; but it's so worth it, especially once you see how gorgeous it is and how quick the load times are.

I'm not going to try and explain the combat system, simply because I'd never do it justice. If I were you, just head over to GameTrailers.com and watch their review of the game. That said, I'm positive that if you enjoyed Crisis Core, you'll love Birth By Sleep. Love. It.

#28 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

So, couple of things here:

• I'm extremely tempted by 3rd Birthday at that price, but all I keep hearing is that the gameplay is seriously gimped on the PSP b/c of the lack of a 2nd analog stick. I'd hate to buy the UMD version only to find out that the digital version gets an update on the NGP to incorporate the extra analog stick. Any thoughts?
  • In terms of the core Final Fantasy IV experience, which is the best version to play: the PSP edition (updated sprites, lower difficulty, less random battles) or the DS edition (3D graphics, dungeon maps, enhanced difficulty). Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

I asked the exact same question concerning FFIV back when it hit $19.99 during one of Amazon's Goldbox days a couple of weeks back, and I got what I think is a great answer:

I own FFIV DS, and it's indeed much more difficult than the SNES and GBA. Honestly, I own all of them and it's not even my favorite FF, it's just that solid. The DS version looks great with the graphics and voice acting. But if you need to choose I'd say the PSP. I haven't picked it up yet, but it does include a lot of extras including the After Years game which was originally only available on Wii Marketplace. Plus a brand new small scope game to bridge the two, a character skin for Dissidia 012, and I'm sure some other extras I'm forgetting.

You'd probably find a good deal on FFIV PSP come Black Friday if you can wait. But I'd also expect you'd find some similar massive deal on the DS version by then, it's been out much longer.

Hopefully that helps you like it did me. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#29 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

I asked the exact same question concerning FFIV back when it hit $19.99 during one of Amazon's Goldbox days a couple of weeks back, and I got what I think is a great answer:

Hopefully that helps you like it did me. :D

It did, actually--no way in hell I'm getting the DS version if it's designed to be even more difficult than previous iterations... Gonna get the PSP version, but I think $20 is still more than I'm willing to pay.

Thanks for your help!

#30 bk187

bk187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

It's better than Crisis Core. imo. I played through all of Birth by Sleep and am about halfway through Crisis Core and I think Birth by Sleep's combat is far better. Birth by Sleep's combat is actually real time as opposed to the pseudo real time used in Crisis Core. The movement is a lot more fluid on top of having a more proper dodge/parry/block system. You don't have to deal with cut scenes every 30 seconds during combat like you do in Crisis Core.

In general, I think if you like Crisis Core combat you will love Birth by Sleep combat.