Photo
- - - - -

DEAD - Onlive - Spend $10 (including Playpass) or more and get a 100% Off Coupon

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#1 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:42 AM

Onlive is having a promotion that when you purchase $10 or more, you will recieve a 100% off coupon valid toward any game, OnLive Game System or OnLive Wireless Controller. Below is the small print from their site.

You can purchase multiple games that total over $10 to receive the coupon. They can even be purchased separately as long as it is between June 6th-11th. They have a few games on sale during this promotion including:
-NBA 2K10 for $5
-NBA 2K11 for $9.99
-The Ball for $5 (Friday, June 10th only)

More information can be found at: http://support.onliv...WQvb0k1aDJYdms=

A few restrictions for the promotion:
- $9.99 is less than $10, so you would have to purchase an additional game to surpass the $10 mark.
-These coupons apparently do not work with preorders.
- According to the OnLive Twitter feed, there is only one coupon per account.
- According to dmdragon's response from OnLive (post #98), this $10 purchase can include the PlayPass and rentals.

*Purchase must be made between June 6, 2011 at 9:00PM PDT and June 11, 2011 at 12:59PM PDT. Terms and available titles are subject to change without notice. Game purchases are not transferable and are available to connect to the OnLive Game Service. No cash value. Cannot be combined with other offers. Only valid within the contiguous United States while connected to the OnLive Game Service. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. NO RETROACTIVE DISCOUNTS.

Edited by sharpeone, 10 June 2011 - 05:31 PM.
additions

#2 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:48 AM

For demos, I love OnLive. Sure the graphics wont be as pretty but that doesn't matter to me, I'm playing the demo to see if I like the game 90% of the time. It is nice to be able to fire up a demo of a game within a minute and be playing.

Only reason I'll download one now is to either make sure it runs of my system (say it is an older game and I have W7, or if it is buggy) and if it isn't on OnLive now.

If my system wasn't high end then I would need to use the demo to gauge performance but that isn't and wont be an issue for me I doubt lol.

As for the topic, it is a good deal, but with not giving out serial keys I wont be making any purchases from them sadly.

#3 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:55 AM

I like the micro console, and I think I may have to purchase something

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#4 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

This deal screams crazy to me. Either the hardware and streaming costs nothing to them or they are bleeding money in hopes to get a big install base. I can't see how this company is still afloat. Then again what do I know about the nature of this kind of service?

#5 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:02 AM

OnLive always has these crazy deals that turn my head...

until I remember that I have no interest in their service. I didn't just buy a new graphics card for cloud gaming. I can see the appeal though.

#6 baz8771

baz8771

Don't CML

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:05 AM

What is the cheapest game you could buy to get this coupon...? I just want the coupon for a free microconsole for my collection.

#7 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:12 AM

What is the cheapest game you could buy to get this coupon...? I just want the coupon for a free microconsole for my collection.

I'm looking at Dirt 2 at $14.99 to be able to race on my Macbook Pro :) Other than that, I think that Defense Grid Gold is $13.99. I could have sworn there was a game for $12.99 on there as well.

#8 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

Tag! They've been doing some crazy deals, I may jump on this one.
Spoiler

#9 Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr Mxyzptlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:36 AM

just noticed this also, may have to buy something to get the micro console. Onlive is awesome, my computer at work is crap and borderlands runs perfectly on it.
Posted Image

#10 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:39 AM

I give up. This is such a great deal, I literally cannot pass on it this time.
Now I just need to find a game. Maybe Amnesia? I own it on PC, but I never play it on it, and I have a feeling it would work better with a controller and on my TV.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Posted Image

Want something really cheap? Try Paradise Seekers, my $1 eBook on Amazon!

Also, check out my blog, where I'm trying to review every game I've ever played!

#11 Muitabui

Muitabui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:40 AM

so let me get this straight...just make a purchase of any game 10$ or over and we can get a micro console for free?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:42 AM

so let me get this straight...just make a purchase of any game 10$ or over and we can get a micro console for free?

Yep. I'm guessing you pay shipping, but this is completely insane.
Posted Image

Also, check out my blog, where I'm trying to review every game I've ever played!

#13 Muitabui

Muitabui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:48 AM

made the purchase of Assassin creed 2. so what do I have to do now about the 100% coupon?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Dazed28

Dazed28

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:51 AM

Crazy deal! I was thinking about buying Unreal a few a days ago too, good thing I waited. Now I buy a game and get a free micro console too. sweet! :)

#15 cyborg2040

cyborg2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

Amnesia does not have controller support with onlive
Posted Image

#16 Vyrtigo

Vyrtigo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

I give up. This is such a great deal, I literally cannot pass on it this time.
Now I just need to find a game. Maybe Amnesia? I own it on PC, but I never play it on it, and I have a feeling it would work better with a controller and on my TV.

Amnesia is keyboard/mouse only. :-/

#17 Muitabui

Muitabui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

wait I felt like I made the dumbest mistake. does this mean regularly priced games? cause I purchased assassins creed 2 for 20$ onsale. and it says cannot be combined with any other offer. does that mean I wont get the coupon?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 SpaceSpace

SpaceSpace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:26 AM

do you need to buy their controller to use the micro console though?
How much does that cost?
Or would it be cheaper/smart to buy two different games, like Dirt 2 and Arkham Asylum ($45 total) and get both console and controller free?

Edited by RockMySocks10, 07 June 2011 - 06:39 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr Mxyzptlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

do you need to buy their controller to use the micro console though?
How much does that cost?
Or would it be cheaper/smart to buy two different games, like Dirt 2 and Arkham Asylum ($45 total) and get both console and controller free?

controller is included in the micro console
Posted Image

#20 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

This is a great deal. I might have to try this out.

#21 baz8771

baz8771

Don't CML

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

So does anybody have a definitive answer yet? I really don't feel like wasting my money and not getting a microconsole.

#22 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

I caved and bought Metro 2033. I already have the game on steam but my computer is sucking and wont' run it, so we'll just do it this way.
Ran perfectly on my Hackintoshed Dell Netbook. I could see this becoming a purchasing problem if they keep having such great sales...
Posted Image

#23 baz8771

baz8771

Don't CML

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

I caved and bought Metro 2033. I already have the game on steam but my computer is sucking and wont' run it, so we'll just do it this way.
Ran perfectly on my Hackintoshed Dell Netbook. I could see this becoming a purchasing problem if they keep having such great sales...

Did you get the coupon?

#24 SCDallas

SCDallas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

Was about to order something but the site is down.

#25 Xeno G

Xeno G

Stubborn Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:57 AM

Does the per-order free console bonus stack with this? Like say if I bought Dirt 2 for $15 could I use the coupon on a Duke Nukem pre-order that includes the micro console?
BUY MY GAMES! [~ Twitter - 360 ~] Currently Playing: Halo 4 & Borderlands 2 (360), Skyrim & FTL (PC)

#26 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

Did you get the coupon?

Not yet. I'd assume there would be some delay, yah?

As for deal stacking...if that works it would be INCREDIBLE.
Posted Image

#27 DaButtonMasher

DaButtonMasher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:28 AM

Wow, this is way better than the "pre order Homefront get microconsole free" deal I bit on. I may just have to buy something to get another controller. I like being able to take the microconsole to my friends house and have access to all my games.
"You can't take something off the internet. It's like trying to take pee out of a pool." - Joe Garrelli

Posted Image

#28 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

This sounds to good to be true. I was thinking about getting cause of the sales they have all the time. I think I might need buy Fear 2 or Dirt 2

#29 Staveandor

Staveandor

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

Well, they got $15 out of me. I want a free microconsole!

Lets hope this goes better than FO3:GOTY. I'm still waiting on a refund from that mess....

#30 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

Does the per-order free console bonus stack with this? Like say if I bought Dirt 2 for $15 could I use the coupon on a Duke Nukem pre-order that includes the micro console?

I'd imagine that's the bit about not valid with other offers.

Edit - Some answers from their Twitter:
"@loveassassin13 No, on purchases only. Not pre-orders."
"There have been a lot of questions about when the 100% coupon will be sent. They will be sent after promotion end on June 11."

So, can't buy a cheap game and then pre-order something, or get a pre-order, get a console free with that, then buy another new, non-pre-order game. Basically, anything that already has something already included as a bonus won't get you the 100% coupon.

However, buying Split/Second or Pure right now will get you the 100% coupon instead of the previously promo'd 50% off.

Kinda considering this now, but no idea what game I'd "buy" to start the process. The Maw is 9.99 :[ Was thinking about getting the Space Marine pre-order for the console, then use the coupon on something else expensive.

Edited by radioactivez0r, 07 June 2011 - 11:23 AM.

Posted Image