Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Limited Edition 39.99 Best Buy YMMV

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DKRobbie

DKRobbie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

Stopped at a Best Buy in Greenfield, Wisconsin on 76th street. They had about a dozen of the LEs with the jack in the boxes marked down to FORTY bucks. Kicking myself for buying it day one as it sits unplayed on my shelf to this day.

That said, anyone know where to snag cheap copies of Tatsunoko VS Capcom for the Nintendo Wii? K-Mart had it clearanced down to 19.99 but the goddamned price went back to THIRTY.

Edited by DKRobbie, 13 June 2011 - 11:29 PM.

#2 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

You mean Brotherhood? Bloodlines is the PSP game.

#3 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

Um Bloodlines is the PSP game. This is Brotherhood. Either way great price for it.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4 Luuc

Luuc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

:( I was just at my local Best Buy today, which has at least 20 of these across 360 and PS3, and they are still labeled $99.99. Seems like nothing ever goes clearance there. Think it would be worth asking for a price check, or are BB stores generally good at getting things marked down?

Regardless, grats to anyone who manages to get one!

#5 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:54 PM

If they would just use common sense, they would clearance these sooner. There're still tons of Saints Row 2 LE at local BB sitting at $20.00 'cause nobody wants it now. Of course the same thing will happen with these as well, which are still sitting at $100 when several other places already have them at $60 or less.

#6 Lhallfin

Lhallfin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

If they would just use common sense, they would clearance these sooner. There're still tons of Saints Row 2 LE at local BB sitting at $20.00 'cause nobody wants it now. Of course the same thing will happen with these as well, which are still sitting at $100 when several other places already have them at $60 or less.

My local walmart is still trying to sell some tabula rasa ce's lol.

#7 anthonyn

anthonyn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

Are you sure it wasn't a pre-owned one? Their site shows the pre-owned CE for $39.99

#8 a_dirty_Shisno

a_dirty_Shisno

Thievius Cagcoonus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

Are the voucher codes for Brotherhood's DLC still good or have they expired yet? If they're still good, til when?

--- I am the Thievius Cagcoonus.
---What the hell happened there!  I started writing a serious post and suddenly I became an infomercial!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- US Government To Tackle Patent Trolls (whenever they get around to it).  Write your Senators and Congressmen (to make them get it done).

--- California Minimum Wage: $9/hr (July 2014), $10/hr (January 2016)

#9 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

Stopped at a Best Buy in Greenfield, Wisconsin on 76th street. They had about a dozen of the LEs with the jack in the boxes marked down to FORTY bucks. Kicking myself for buying it day one as it sits unplayed on my shelf to this day.

That said, anyone know where to snag cheap copies of Tatsunoko VS Capcom for the Nintendo Wii? K-Mart had it clearanced down to 19.99 but the goddamned price went back to THIRTY.

I'm assuming you didn't buy one. Sounds like a specific in-store markdown as opposed to clearance pricing. Hopefully someone can confirm if it rings up automatically at $40.

#10 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

Are the voucher codes for Brotherhood's DLC still good or have they expired yet? If they're still good, til when?

I read in another thread they expired May 31.

(They shouldn't expire, period, IMO. What a load. :roll:)

#11 BossVersion1

BossVersion1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

I do believe all of the pre-order DLC and such is included in the Da Vinci Disappearance.

#12 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

Uh... This was marked down to $40 back when they had their B2G1 a while ago.

#13 a_dirty_Shisno

a_dirty_Shisno

Thievius Cagcoonus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:10 AM

I read in another thread they expired May 31.

(They shouldn't expire, period, IMO. What a load. :roll:)

I agree completely.

Back two years ago someone bought a copy of the Soul Calibur 4 Collector's Edition for me but lost it. I came across it back in December last year and opened it up expecting to see it say "This DLC expires on January 1st, 2009". I was intrigued when I did not find an expiration date on the voucher card so I entered it in the Store and was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was still good.

I like Namco.

--- I am the Thievius Cagcoonus.
---What the hell happened there!  I started writing a serious post and suddenly I became an infomercial!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- US Government To Tackle Patent Trolls (whenever they get around to it).  Write your Senators and Congressmen (to make them get it done).

--- California Minimum Wage: $9/hr (July 2014), $10/hr (January 2016)

#14 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:14 AM

Only CE's I saw were Dead Space 2 for $40 and Mafia 2 for $30

#15 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Reckon i'll try the @gamer coupon if mine still has the ones i've been stalking and they're marked down.

#16 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:07 AM

I agree completely.

Back two years ago someone bought a copy of the Soul Calibur 4 Collector's Edition for me but lost it. I came across it back in December last year and opened it up expecting to see it say "This DLC expires on January 1st, 2009". I was intrigued when I did not find an expiration date on the voucher card so I entered it in the Store and was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was still good.

I like Namco.

I know when the first Dragon Age came out it had some DLC that came with it, and I remember being able to redeem it months after the codes said it was to expire so it might still be worth a try.

#17 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Reckon i'll try the @gamer coupon if mine still has the ones i've been stalking and they're marked down.

struck out at overland park, ks location. still marked 99.99.