Pre-order Bonuses Listing

• Please log in to reply
519 replies to this topic

#1 Scorpius

Scorpius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Ok, everyone, I thought I'd try to bring this thread back, because it was a huge help to me when I was looking to pre-order games, only thing is I'm going to need some help keeping it updated. A few issues I've got: I'm currently deployed, so I'm only really tracking games that I care about... no idea what's coming out outside of those. I've also forgotten stores other than BBY, GS, and Amazon. So, if I can get help, we're good, otherwise this thread will die.
The idea is to list the pre-order bonuses associated with certain stores.
These aren't really deals, but I know that sometimes, bonuses were what swayed me to one store over another, so thought I'd help others with the same.

Legend:
Credit - DLC - Physical Bonus

:ps3:

:360:

:pc:

:3ds:

:psp:

Edited by Scorpius, 20 July 2011 - 08:57 AM.
Halo: CE Anniversary, Resistance 3,

#2 CONMAN999

CONMAN999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Nice thread. Here's the stuff for Uncharted 3

Best Buy - Regeneration Booster
Allows you to "boost your healing power to recover from your wounds more quickly."

Amazon.com - Carpet Bomb Kickback Perk
Allows you to "send out three grenades with a single throw to blanket your opponent – or take out a group of opponents – with multiple explosions."

Amazon.com – Clip Size Mod for Para 9 or G-MAL
Allows you to increase the size of the bullet clip for your weapon of choice and "spend more time shooting your opponents before having to reload."

GameStop - Creepy Crawler Kickback Perk
Allows you to "turn into a swarm of deadly creatures for a limited time and overwhelm your enemies."

Wal-Mart - Callout Mod for AK-47
Allows you to "equip your AK-47 with a laser sight that enables your entire team to see the location of the opponent you are currently targeting."

All Other Participating Retailers
Uncharted 3 PSN Avatar & Static Theme for PS3

#3 Tom Ato

Tom Ato

Vine Ripened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

If you want help, why don't you make your post a wiki? That way anyone can edit it.
Like video games and bad writing? Then buy my book! Only $.99 for kindle!

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_0

#4 CONMAN999

CONMAN999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

Edit: Double posted but here's Fear 3:

Amazon will give away a 12-page F.E.A.R. 3 comic written by Steve Niles, illustrated by Stefano Raffaele, and produced by DC Comics. The comic is a prequel to the game in which its hero has "escaped an explosive blast he set in motion to eliminate Alma and is confronted with a brand new threat and a new escape mission."

For its preorder bonus, Best Buy will give away exclusive access to an in-game weapon, The Shredder, which shoots heavy metal shot rounds mixed with nitrates. "Perfect for knocking extremely fast targets, there's nothing better when you're between a rock and a hard place with multiple hostiles rapidly advancing," the developer comments.

GameStop will reward early reservations with exclusive access to another in-game weapon, the Hammer, which is designed to have a greater stopping power than the standard issue sidearm, what with its .50 caliber rounds. Day 1 Studios says this gun will be particularly valuable in F.E.A.R. 3 multiplayer sessions.

#5 kevinthechemist

kevinthechemist

Rhymin' And Stealin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

how do you have links that are words? such as (www.bestbuy.com simply Best Buy)
Posted Image

#6 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

u could make the thread a wiki so all CAGs can update it
like the CE thread is
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#7 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

how do you have links that are words? such as (www.bestbuy.com simply Best Buy)

you need to Go Advanced
type in your word
Best Buy
then copy the link into the Insert Link Tab above the 9th button from the right.
Poof you did it
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#8 kevinthechemist

kevinthechemist

Rhymin' And Stealin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

:ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 11NOV2011

Amazon - Carpet Bomb Kickback Perk, Clip Size Mod for Para 9 or G-MAL
Best Buy - Regeneration Booster
Gamestop - Creepy Crawler Kickback Perk
Walmart - Callout Mod for AK-47
Posted Image

#9 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for this thread, should be helpful! I have a bunch of Bestbuy credit so I'm going to use that 5 for $100 bonus deal, though I might try and get some other games so this will help decide. Oh pre-order bonuses how I love and hate you ha. After a year they should just sell the items for a couple bucks (wishful thinking I know...)

#10 VVaffle

VVaffle

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for this thread, very helpful!

I'm a little disappointed in the supposed Gamestop exclusivity of the Dead Island DLC. I understand you can buy it after launch, but still. In my opinion, if content is completed, everyone who supports the company by buying the game on release should get access to it. Alas, that's clearly too much to ask :roll:

#11 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

Good thread. Probably go with the retailer who has physical bonuses since DLC will hopefully be available eventually to everyone to purchase.

#12 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

Good to see a thread like this again. Tracking pre-order bonuses is such a drag.

#13 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hopefully we can retire the Amazon credit thread with this one, since that one is always outdated.

#14 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

Here's a few useful links for bonuses/credits:

Gamestop bonuses (Xbox)

Gamestop bonuses (PS3)

Best Buy Special Offers

Walmart.com egift offers

Amazon Credit Offers

Edited by ShockandAww, 18 June 2011 - 04:54 PM.

#15 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

I like where this is going.

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#16 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

Great thread, going to keep track of this.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Add me OnLive: JollehRoger

#17 c.gibbits

c.gibbits

Back to the roots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

can you only buy online to get the pre order bonuses from bestbuy, or can you pre order in store as well?

#18 kryptonic

kryptonic

Man, Myth and Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

Thank's OP for starting the thread.... I'm tired of no one updating the Amazon deals thread and it's nice to have someone take it on whom will manage it. I also like the fact you put the dates +1!

#19 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for the thread and for your service to our country, Scorpius.
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#20 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

The bonuses suck at the moment, but I like the thread. Well done.

#21 Dawg Pound

Dawg Pound

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

Good thread, gonna keep my eye on this one.

#22 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

you need to Go Advanced
type in your word
Best Buy
then copy the link into the Insert Link Tab above the 9th button from the right.
Poof you did it

Thanks!!!

I never could figure out how to do that.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#23 Plantguy7

Plantguy7

Awesomesauce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:51 AM

You should put something to differentiate games/stores with physical pre order bonuses
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Rod92905

Rod92905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

I know it's not a supe rpopular game but Captain America: SUPER SOLDIER had an exclusive WW2 Ultimate Captain America skin if you pre-order it at GAMESTOP

#25 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:05 AM

Here's a few useful links for bonuses/credits:

Gamestop bonuses (Xbox)

Gamestop bonuses (PS3)

Best Buy Special Offers

Walmart.com egift offers

Amazon Credit Offers

Those links are so tremendously helpful. Thanks!

This thread is the start of something wonderful.

#26 Scorpius

Scorpius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

Hey, everyone, thanks for the support on this, like imacgod said tracking these things is a huge drag. I know that the predecessor to this thread helped me out big time back when it was around, there are stores out there that I'd never think of that offered some pre-order incentives which were pretty cool. It's a wiki-thread now, so everyone can pitch in on this, a helpful hand or two will be greatly appreciated.

You should put something to differentiate games/stores with physical pre order bonuses

I'll look into this, not really sure how, maybe a color code?

Thanks for this thread, should be helpful! I have a bunch of Bestbuy credit so I'm going to use that 5 for $100 bonus deal, though I might try and get some other games so this will help decide. Oh pre-order bonuses how I love and hate you ha. After a year they should just sell the items for a couple bucks (wishful thinking I know...)

Be careful, and read this before you jump on it, sometimes BB doesn't have deals work if you use GCs/credit.

can you only buy online to get the pre order bonuses from bestbuy, or can you pre order in store as well?

You should get it if you pre-order in store as well, they use to have little cardboard things that detailed what you get if you PO in store.

Thanks for the thread and for your service to our country, Scorpius.

No problem, I just do what I do!

#27 cadeSILVER

cadeSILVER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

With Gamestop when you pre-order the UC3 CE, you get the pre-order bonus from the standard edition. Anyone know if Amazon's is the same? I like Amazon's bonuses better, and it seems like they'll have a credit deal, but...

#28 SCDallas

SCDallas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

Can't wait until Skyrim is added to this list! *Crosses fingers*

#29 Scorpius

Scorpius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

With Gamestop when you pre-order the UC3 CE, you get the pre-order bonus from the standard edition. Anyone know if Amazon's is the same? I like Amazon's bonuses better, and it seems like they'll have a credit deal, but...

Yes, you'll still get the in-game bonuses with the CE. Normally, though, even if Amazon offers a credit deal on the standard edition it doesn't carry to the CE, which really does suck.

#30 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

This thread is gonna be hard as hell to maintain, but I will try to help whenever I'm not working. Someone may have to clean up my HTML, though.