Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

#1 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Spoiler

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Edited by xskaxninjax, 23 November 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#2 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

PowerUpRewards General Info:

What is it?
Spoiler

How do I join?
Spoiler

What are the perks of being pro?
Spoiler

How do I earn points?
Spoiler

What kind of rewards are there?
Spoiler

How much do the coupons cost?
Spoiler

How long do coupons rewards last?
Spoiler

Explain Kongregate
Spoiler

What is an Epic Reward?
Spoiler

Edited by xskaxninjax, 28 June 2011 - 06:48 AM.

#3 Shizaam

Shizaam

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

Whats the other 40% one besides the preorders one?

#4 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

Lately the Steal of the Week has been garbage, and this week is included. 7500 points for a 50% coupon when 40% is already going on (in two different ways starting this weekend!).

The extra 10% would only really be worth it if you were trading in $75 worth of base value games.

The description is unclear as to when the coupon is valid, however. My guess is that it's probably good for a couple months. Hopefully someone actually wanting this will chime in when they redeem it.

As long as it lasts a couple months it might be worth it, but considering the fact that there is almost always SOMETHING going on with TIVs, It's basically only "worth" an extra 10% regardless of when you use it. IMO, that means that you'd need to be trading in 100 dollars worth of base stuff to have it be getting 10 bucks for 7500 points, which is not that great.

It might be worth picking up one and sitting on it for a couple months, since I think all of us occasionally hit up GS with a giant pile of games to trade in.

#5 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

Whats the other 40% one besides the preorders one?

40% coupon they were handing out during the b2g1 sale (which I hope they let us keep, since I only ended up with 2!). There's a scan of it in the first post of the GS TIV thread.

#6 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Come give us something worth it! Like 90% before rewards card with coupon on trades.

#7 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

FML i have 7366 points...Can't believe this!:bs:Fuck!!!!!!Fuck
Posted Image

#8 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

7500 points is a lot of points though hmmmm... but RE: Mercenaries calls to me

#9 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

7500...wow lovely..can,t believe

Games My life..8.gif

#10 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

What can you get with 7500? I just signed up for PUR recently. Haven't done any transacctions with gamestop since I joined this site

#11 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

What can you get with 7500? I just signed up for PUR recently. Haven't done any transacctions with gamestop since I joined this site

You can get $5 off on a purchase of new or pre-owned if you don't have many games for like 4000/5000 points i believe, but the 50% trade-in is worth it assuming if you have a lot of games to trade-in.

#12 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

when someone buys it, can they post the valid times for use.
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#13 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

FML i have 7366 points...Can't believe this!:bs:Fuck!!!!!!Fuck

If you haven't already you can sign up at Kongergate.com and get 275 points. All you have to do is link your account.

http://www.kongregate.com/

#14 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

when someone buys it, can they post the valid times for use.

maybe it's a generic coupon code that we can reuse over and over
any1 know yet?
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#15 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

maybe it's a generic coupon code that we can reuse over and over
any1 know yet?

doubt that.

I bought a code before and it was a one time use only...tried the next day and no luck on the code.
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#16 silentbobfan

silentbobfan

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

7500 points for a 50% coupon promotion is garbage. I have the 40% coupon for this weekend and all I had to do was ask an employee for it. The guys who work at my local Game Stop are more than willing to give you the 40% coupon regardless of if you are making a purchase or not. They still had stacks of the coupons ready to hand out when I got mine last week.
[URL="http://zaamit.com/content/gamercards.aspx"]Posted Image[/URL]

#17 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

7500 points for a 50% coupon promotion is garbage. I have the 40% coupon for this weekend and all I had to do was ask an employee for it. The guys who work at my local Game Stop are more than willing to give you the 40% coupon regardless of if you are making a purchase or not. They still had stacks of the coupons ready to hand out when I got mine last week.

Anyone know if all Gamestops are giving away the 40% coupon? I went to my local Gamestop didn't see any.

#18 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

I noticed there's a $3 in PSN credit" listed s "coming soon..." since I no longer want to give my CC# to Sony, and I don't want to spend $20 at a time on a card (I just want some Neptunia DLC), that's all I'll ever spend it on when it comes around.

Needing to pay for a coupon? Who are they kidding?

#19 arm57rong

arm57rong

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

That 40% coupon is good in the month of July. Right now, the 40% is good for E3 Titles. If they are giving you the extra 40% they are either reserving stuff without telling you, or just breaking the rules.

#20 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

People have seriously got to stop supporting these "steal of the weeks"...seriously don't you see they're making you earn something that used to be free (and still is sometimes, they just had a 50% bonus).

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#21 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

The only thing about these offers, which if bogus, Gamestop drops the current trade in value to make you think you are getting a good deal. That's why I hardly trade any games into them...I recently traded in games for that Noire deal because it was a good deal considering I had cheap games. I don't understand why people still support these crooks...

#22 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:34 PM

I admit I bit on the Zelda deal last week because it seemed good and I got both in cases but 7500 seriously lol specially when they gave out coupons for 40 percent that start on the first..... This is why gamestop will always be last resort

#23 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

im saving my points for something epic as im sitting around 30k right now.

#24 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

I admit I bit on the Zelda deal last week because it seemed good and I got both in cases but 7500 seriously lol specially when they gave out coupons for 40 percent that start on the first..... This is why gamestop will always be last resort

I completely agree man. I think about all of the money I wasted over the years at Gamestop. I laughed so hard when the guy tried to sell me one of these cards....mind you I only shop there once or twice a year. Don't even get new started on their prices compared to other retailers...

#25 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

The only thing about these offers, which if bogus, Gamestop drops the current trade in value to make you think you are getting a good deal. That's why I hardly trade any games into them...I recently traded in games for that Noire deal because it was a good deal considering I had cheap games. I don't understand why people still support these crooks...

????

7500 for this is a total joke, 5k max would almost be OK - except they constantly have +% promos going on.
Posted Image

#26 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

im saving my points for something epic as im sitting around 30k right now.

I'm at 40k points, I'm wondering if I want a phone call from some no name Nascar driver. There have been no Epic rewards that look good......
Posted Image

#27 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

I'm at 40k points, I'm wondering if I want a phone call from some no name Nascar driver. There have been no Epic rewards that look good......

I'd just hold on to them and wait and see what shows up. I ended up getting the Peter Molyneux-autograhped Fable III game which I thought was pretty cool, but outside of that it's been a pretty crappy selection..

The only thing about these offers, which if bogus, Gamestop drops the current trade in value to make you think you are getting a good deal.

If anything I think this makes the coupon even more valuable.... GS might shuffle their TIVs around when they run a big store-wide credit promotion but I doubt they would change them for a coupon that only a select few can/will get.

Edited by iamsmart, 27 June 2011 - 03:12 PM.

#28 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

I'm guessing this would stack with the the extra 10% from PUR? so 60% total? If not then yea this coupon is (almost) completely worthless.

If it stacks, I might see what all I have to trade in, because if I can trade in enough to get me close to the points I spent, I'd be alright with the extra credit I'd get (all I use my points for is for the various gamestop coupons)

#29 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

I'm guessing this would stack with the the extra 10% from PUR? so 60% total? If not then yea this coupon is (almost) completely worthless.

If it stacks, I might see what all I have to trade in, because if I can trade in enough to get me close to the points I spent, I'd be alright with the extra credit I'd get (all I use my points for is for the various gamestop coupons)

Of course it stacks with the PUR bonus. But in order to make up that 7500, you'd have to trade in $375 worth of stuff after bonuses and whatnot. Even at an extra 60%... that's quite a lot. Or $190 if you then immediately use that credit to buy preowned stuff.

Either way, it's a joke for the steal of the week, that's for sure.

#30 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

Of course it stacks with the PUR bonus. But in order to make up that 7500, you'd have to trade in $375 worth of stuff after bonuses and whatnot. Even at an extra 60%... that's quite a lot. Or $190 if you then immediately use that credit to buy preowned stuff.

Either way, it's a joke for the steal of the week, that's for sure.

Oh right, it's 10 points not 20 for trade ins. Then yea there is no way... Thanks.