Buy 1, Get 1 Free 4th of July Sale at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 Barkwhip

Barkwhip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

Not a great selection, but 300 items are eligible for this buy 1, get 1 free sale.

Posted Image July 4th Buy 1, Get 1 Free at Amazon

Edited by CheapyD, 04 July 2011 - 04:10 AM.

#2 DANNY2582

DANNY2582

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

Nice

#3 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

As usual with amazon, once a good sale starts the prices go waaaay up.

This is a great example. On the Best Sellers part on the right side of the page they list S&P Star Successor as $15.47. With B1G1 that is a great price, click on it, oh look it's sold by NYC Electronics but fulfilled by amazon so it doesn't count. What does Amazon charge? $42.12, almost three times the price the other seller has it for. If it was $20 and B1G1 I could understand, but $42?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

The prices are so high on some of these, it's not even a deal with the sale.

#5 blahtastic

blahtastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:15 PM

Good deals...but poor selection.

#6 Barkwhip

Barkwhip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:16 PM

Not sure if this is just me, but I added the Starcraft Battle Chest and Resonance of Fate to my cart and at checkout it deducted the cost of Resonance of Fate ($30) instead of Starcraft ($20), making the total $19.99 for both. Even funnier is that Starcraft isn't on the sales page put it's included in the sale.

#7 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:16 PM

Curses, they have Vanilla Street Fighter 4 for PS3 but not 360.

#8 slimjim2004

slimjim2004

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

Terrible sale

#9 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:19 PM

Ugh...it's mostly 3rd party accessories. Thanks anyway, OP.

#10 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

nothing for me, but thanks for the heads up

#11 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

Saw this earlier, saw the game selection, saw the prices...laughed and went to BBV.

#12 youngavatar

youngavatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

crappy sale eve gamestop is doing better then amazon.
[URL=http://exophase.com/gamercards/]Posted Image
[/URL]

#13 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

Anyone know what Majin (ps3) was going for before this? They didnt' jack up the price for Lego Star Wars too much so might be worthwhile with that.

#14 Barkwhip

Barkwhip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

Anyone know what Majin (ps3) was going for before this? They didnt' jack up the price for Lego Star Wars too much so might be worthwhile with that.

I believe it was the same price before the sale.

#15 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

Back in April it was down to $12 on PS3 and as low as $10 on 360.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#16 looploop

looploop

Camera-shy Supernova

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

What a terrible selection. For shame Amazon.

「Im Himmel fehlen alle interessanten Leute.

Posted Image

#17 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

Not the greatest selection and wow a lot of accessories, dang it less games to choose from hehe

#18 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:22 AM

This does not belong in the "Deals" section...it's more of a rip off of the un informed.

P.S. California starts charging tax on amazon orders tomorrow! (or they are supposed to I think) \\ :( WAH !!!! Was nice knowing you amazon... I think I better order my bike and preorder that Vita, batman, resistance 3, ME3 and gears now.

Edited by Toss, 02 July 2011 - 12:35 AM.

#19 brauma

brauma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

I'm thinking of grabbing 2 of the recharge kits for the 360. At 6 per, seems like a solid price.

#20 coalman987

coalman987

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

Wow wasn't Resonance of Fate like $20 before this? Really "meh" selection this time. Oh well.

#21 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:47 AM

Horrible selection :( pass.

#22 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

Majin & Demon's Souls with soundtrack for ~$26 seems like a deal to me. I'm in, those are 2 games I have been wanting to pick up.

#23 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:14 AM

Apparently it was only $11.96 in late April.
Spoiler

I recommend everyone grab the camelcamelcamel.com plug-in. ;)

#24 driver

driver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:15 AM

This does not belong in the "Deals" section...it's more of a rip off of the un informed.

P.S. California starts charging tax on amazon orders tomorrow! (or they are supposed to I think) \\ :( WAH !!!! Was nice knowing you amazon... I think I better order my bike and preorder that Vita, batman, resistance 3, ME3 and gears now.

They won't. They did something more drastic. They cut out anything CA related from their site. Basically, they killed every CA based small business to avoid this loophole law. They're really fighting this. So if you purchase from Amazon and you live in CA, no sales tax cuz you're still buying from out of state.
Live long and prosper.

#25 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:26 AM

What a pile of shit!!! The football team logo'd controllers are straight up ass!! I feel like I'm at walmart. Eat my b**** amazon!!!!!! Thanks any way, TC. :)

*edit* The psp selection* is the saddest thing that ever was.

*Not for the faint of heart*

#26 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:39 AM

LOL @ MW2:HE for $76

RayeKasai.png

#27 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

Heads up - if you can find something to pair it with, this is a good way to pick up Real Heroes: Firefighter (Wii) for cheap. A while ago there was a thread here about this game in which one of the designers posted pretty frequently. As I recall he was a cool guy and the consensus around here was that the game is surprisingly good and well-designed. I just picked up a copy.

#28 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

Terrible selection ... inflated prices ... I'm honestly kind of surprised Amazon ... is this punishment for California's insolence?

#29 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:10 AM

Wow wasn't Resonance of Fate like $20 before this? Really "meh" selection this time. Oh well.

It was back in April. Honestly, just from a small random sample size I wasn't able to find any games truly jacked up even days beforehand. Most of these games have been the same price or pretty close to it for at least a month. Some will obviously break that rule, but I find the price-gouging accusations baseless. Individually, these all have been cheaper at some point but the only thing Amazon is guilty of is poor selection.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#30 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:11 AM

hope they match Best Buy's kinect B1G1 sale.