• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainPiracy

CaptainPiracy

Health: 97% Armor:50 :-P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

Hey all!,

If you were like me and signed up for the PSN Plus on the welcome back package, you were a little bummed it came to an end. Anyway, I flipped on my PS3 today and saw it still said I was a Plus member in my status icon. Any time I tried to open up the items that were free under plus, they just froze or errored. I checked the expire date in my services and it said 07/03. So I was going to buy subscription for 3 months to finish up the games I got for free. So I went into the store and click the "EA Games Welcome Back" promo ad. In the ad the Playstation Plus subscription sub folder is at the top. I opened that and there was a "PS Plus 30 Days Free" option!! So I opened and hit "Get Now".. sure enough it went through. I checked my Services in transaction manager and BOOM.. extra month. Now I'm expiring on 08/02/2011.

See pictures below for evidence and steps! Receipt at bottom.
Step 1
Posted Image

Step 2
Posted Image

Step 3
Posted Image

Check your Remaining Service
Posted Image

Receipt e-mail also below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your PlayStation®Store purchase.

A receipt of your purchase is below. Be sure to keep it in a safe place for future reference.

PlayStation®Store Receipt

Online ID CaptainPiracy
Name EDITED OUT

Order Number 240506XXXX

Date/Time Purchased 07/04/2011 @ 04:41 AM
Total Amount $0.00

Item / Service Details Price (Dollars)

IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS30DAYSFREE-UJ99 PlayStation®Plus: 30 Days Free Free

(Next Renewal Date: 08/02/2011 @ 07:46 PM)

Sub Total $0.00
Tax $0.00

Total $0.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES--------------
PSN will make you turn on the Automatic funding for the wallet when you sign up for the free 30 days... you can turn it off immediately after.

To Turn off automatic funding:
On teh XMB highlight the "Playstation Network" group then go to:

Account Management
--> Transaction Management
--> Automatic Funding
--> Enter Password to turn it off / on

P.S. - shameless ask -
Please, if anyone has an Xbox 360 copy of the new Magic 2012 planeswalker game, I'd like the promo code for the free card if you don't want it! :-)

Edited by CaptainPiracy, 05 July 2011 - 03:20 AM.

#2 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

Didnt work for me, bro. But I still have my PS+ because I redeemed it like 2 days ago.
Posted Image

#3 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

Worked for me OP, thanks for posting this!
Posted Image

#4 CaptainPiracy

CaptainPiracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

Yeah I signed up day 1. So it probably didn't pop back up for you since it's still active in your account. I confirmed against the first one I got and it's the same purchase item. So I guess I lucked out in getting it twice over! :) Hopefully some other DAY 1 sign ups can do the same.

Original Below.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your PlayStation®Store purchase.

A receipt of your purchase is below. Be sure to keep it in a safe place for future reference.

PlayStation®Store Receipt

Online ID CaptainPiracy
Name EDITED OUT

Order Number 22748XXXXX

Date/Time Purchased 06/03/2011 @ 07:46 PM
Total Amount $0.00

Item / Service Details Price (Dollars)

IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS30DAYSFREE-UJ99 PlayStation®Plus: 30 Days Free Free

(Next Renewal Date: 07/03/2011 @ 07:46 PM)

Sub Total $0.00
Tax $0.00

Total $0.00

#5 CaptainPiracy

CaptainPiracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

Worked for me OP, thanks for posting this!

You're welcome! :) I know a few CAGs would love this to finish up those freebies.

#6 CHEAPGV

CHEAPGV

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

got it. Thanks:applause:

#7 cheech794

cheech794

Has never been to cuba

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

It was extended because of people complaining

http://blog.us.plays...free-games-now/

#8 CaptainPiracy

CaptainPiracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

I think you missed the boat on this one.. The WB was extended a DAY not a MONTH. I signed up on Day 1 for the Playstation Plus on WB, mine EXPIRED yesterday.. Today, since the WB Package is still open I could sign up AGAIN.. meaning I got 2 months out of it, instead of 1.

#9 CaptainPiracy

CaptainPiracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

got it. Thanks:applause:

You're welcome! Make sure any other day 1 or day 2 signups know! :)

#10 isofan1

isofan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

worked for me thanks OP, now my subscription ends on 08/02

#11 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

Thanks OP. Just worked for me as well, so I got a free month. I'm not complaining at all but itd be nice if we could get the 2 free games again, something went Error the first time I was trying and I got screwed out of one of my free ps3 games with the welcome back program. Love to see when things like this are discovered accidentally but can be used by others though, so thanks for passing this along

#12 isofan1

isofan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

Thanks OP. Just worked for me as well, so I got a free month. I'm not complaining at all but itd be nice if we could get the 2 free games again, something went Error the first time I was trying and I got screwed out of one of my free ps3 games with the welcome back program. Love to see when things like this are discovered accidentally but can be used by others though, so thanks for passing this along

Go to your subscriptions then SCEA Promotions to get the free games if you received an error when you first try to redeem them.

#13 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Good save Sony... would have been another disaster if they ended up cancelling the offers early (since they said the offers would last through July 3 but then ended them early in the day).

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#14 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

Tried it - no go. Followed the steps above, but nothing appeared in the spot you highlighted. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#15 isofan1

isofan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

Tried it - no go. Followed the steps above, but nothing appeared in the spot you highlighted. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

I think this only works if your weren't a PS+ member before the "Welcome Back" program. I went to see if this would work on my other PS+ account which has been active for over a year and it was a no go.

#16 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

Worked for me! Thanks OP really nice find there!

#17 CaptainPiracy

CaptainPiracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:36 PM

Check your transactions in the Store.. you can probrably still download the games from there.

#18 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

I think this only works if your weren't a PS+ member before the "Welcome Back" program. I went to see if this would work on my other PS+ account which has been active for over a year and it was a no go.

I was never a PS+ user until the welcome back program. It didn't work for me because I only just activated my free PS+ a few days ago.
Posted Image

#19 CaptainPiracy

CaptainPiracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Likely, since you should have just gotten the 30 day extension to your subscription. I only signed up for the free trial for the WB Package.

#20 CaptainPiracy

CaptainPiracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

I was never a PS+ user until the welcome back program. It didn't work for me because I only just activated my free PS+ a few days ago.

Yep, The store takes the item out of the list if you currently have it. Once it expires, it adds it back in for re-purchase. I KNOW it wasn't there yesterday, because I looked at the PLUS pricing.. but today after my subscription lapsed, it was back.

#21 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Totally worked for me. I actually went through the normal Welcome Back Program section in the Store, and PS+ was re-listed. Under Services, it does say I'm good until August something, and I had no problem launching Sonic 2. Thank you, CaptainPiracy! Good find.

Dunno about the auto-renewal thing. I think it's only if you have a credit card or paid previously. I have no options about automatic funding.

And the confirmation e-mail just arrived.

#22 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

Thanks OP. Hopefully they'll put the import PS1 games back on sale at some point in the near future.

#23 Bulrog

Bulrog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

Nice find OP. I just went into the welcome back program, downloaded the ps plus, and just received the confirmation email. Thanks for the heads up.

#24 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

Great find OP!
I´m gonna try this later, I´m at work now :cry:
Posted Image

#25 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

Oh awesome, I'm gonna try this when I get home. Hopefully it won't get nerfed. Thanks OP!

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#26 bigredvan14

bigredvan14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:15 PM

Gonna have to try this out later today. I broke my damn hand a few days after Welcome Back started, and couldn't play games for about 3 weeks. I would love to get this extra month. Thanks! For the heads up!

#27 Firearmman

Firearmman

Member 226

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

Thanks , op. Worked like a champ.

44165.png

#28 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

I got to say im not thrilled this is how it turned out ~_~;; why cant some people shut up and be proactive?

I would also like to say clicking the welcome back banner and selecting plus works too.

#29 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

The whole hacking thing was a ploy to make people feel bad for Sony. Their next step of the plan is working great too, hooking people on PS+ with their "free" games knowing that a large majority of the people will probably renew and buy a real subscription.

(jk of course)

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#30 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

awesome find. I was afraid I was going to lose my Uncharted beta as I signed up for PS+ the first day. Now I have service until August...