Photo
- - - - -

Madden NFL 12 (Hall of Fame Edition) - $89.95 and now with $20 future credit @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

Sorry for the seperate thread but this was definitely the deciding factor in my purchase. I know I just checked this listing a day or two ago and the credit wasn't their at the time so it is fairly new. This is supposed to be truly limited so if you're not sure buy (preorder, no charge until it ships) now and think later

PS3

Xbox 360

#2 xTyDiRiUmx

xTyDiRiUmx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

Truly limited @ $125k copies...?

#3 loserboy

loserboy

The Cubs STILL suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

Haven't bought a Madden game in three years...maybe this is the one? Ordered, and can cancel as the day approaches if I change my mind...

#4 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

Truly limited @ $125k copies...?

ummm.. yes compared to many collector's editions that is truly limited.

#5 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

Wow, trading cards and an autograph from Marshall Faulk.
Let me get my checkbook.
Posted Image

#6 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

I would actually do this if it wasn't for the NFL labor dispute still in progress. I won't support them with any type of related purchase as long as that is still an issue.

#7 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

Wow, trading cards and an autograph from Marshall Faulk.
Let me get my checkbook.

Compared too... non tangible DLC and an artbook? I'd rather have something that is of actual physical value.

#8 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:36 PM

I buy NCAA and Madden every year, and I've had the Hall of Fame Edition preordered since it was announced. Good to see Amazon add the $20 credit to it. I love Marshall Faulk.

630736.png

#9 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

It must have sucked signing 125,000 cards.

#10 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

Ugh... Cards are Panini? That's weird... Why didn't EA go with Upper Deck or Playoff or something? I haven't picked up Madden since 2006... If they ever have full multiplayer seasons with a fantasy draft, I'd be in... I LOVED the way the NFL Fever did it back in the day where you played a full season and then the playoffs and got a SB trophy on your in game profile...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#11 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

Blah. One of the worst CE's I've seen. 30 Bucks more for questionable content, and most of all?

No Hillis, No thanks.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#12 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

It must have sucked signing 125,000 cards.

Exactly what I was thinking.
----
Posted Image

#13 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

Blah. One of the worst CE's I've seen. 30 Bucks more for questionable content, and most of all?

No Hillis, No thanks.

The cover athlete is the deciding factor in whether it's a good deal?

Silly me. I thought it was about the game

#14 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

Compared too... non tangible DLC and an artbook? I'd rather have something that is of actual physical value.

Give me something tangible to the game.
How about classic rosters and stadiums exclusive to this edition?
The arcade version as a bonus?

I could come with a bunch of ideas instead of some worthless trading cards and a pretty box.
Posted Image

#15 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

No way he signed 125k items. Sorry, guys.

#16 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

Give me something tangible to the game.
How about classic rosters and stadiums exclusive to this edition?
The arcade version as a bonus?

I could come with a bunch of ideas instead of some worthless trading cards and a pretty box.

If you have such great ideas, why aren't you working for EA?

What stadiums could they have that's exclusive? Maybe recreate the Vet so Wendell Davis could blow both his knees out again?

The teams play where they play. Who really thinks playing a game at the rose bowl is so cool that it's worth the time and effort and would move units.

Nope. CEs need more physical stuff and less dlc.

#17 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

i would love to buy this, but there is no real benefit u get from HOF edition. Signed card is useless to me, and $30 for booster packs for ultimate team?? F NO, its not worth that much, maybe $70? or all add ons or future DLC's should be included in this, and make it $80. for $90, keep it as it is, but add 2 tickets for an actual NFL game (if there is one).

other than that no way, i have pre-order the actual game for $35 using $25 of credit, and i will get back $20 on top of that, which is what it actually worth. Madden does not improve that much every year, they should retail it at $40 to start with.

(just my opinions)

#18 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

they tweeted that he was busy signing the cards, like few days back. But who knows?

#19 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

If he doesnt sign them, isn't it fraud?

If he signs 25 a minute it would take him 5000 minutes. Ouch.

#20 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

If they ever have full multiplayer seasons with a fantasy draft, I'd be in

They've had this for a few years now.

#21 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

Madden '11 was horrible. I'll wait to hear some feedback on '12 before I consider buying it.

#22 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

I already pre-ordered this because I'm "one of those people." I think it's awesome!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#23 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

If you have such great ideas, why aren't you working for EA?

What stadiums could they have that's exclusive? Maybe recreate the Vet so Wendell Davis could blow both his knees out again?

The teams play where they play. Who really thinks playing a game at the rose bowl is so cool that it's worth the time and effort and would move units.

Nope. CEs need more physical stuff and less dlc.

I'm sure if I was, I would hear, "why didn't we think of that?" several times a day.

And yes, exactly that, let me recreate classic games in the old stadiums. Am I the only one who would want it?
I'm not against special editions, I bought the last Madden one that included old versions of Madden on the disc.
Give me something for my money, that's all I ask.
And to the guy that mentioned they should include some sort of DLC all access pass, Bingo! now that is what I am talking about.
But nah, how about some 5 x 7 glossy pics of John Madden walking the sidelines.
Posted Image

#24 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

I want this, but this is frickin' expensive! $90! I hope there's enough copies left to grab at a price drop.

And while I haven't played many Madden games and don't want to sound like a Madden hater, playing '11 and remembering how things from '08 and before looked, I really do not see much improvements with Madden games graphically. The models just look like their previous generation counterparts and lack a lot of the fancy effects of current gen games. And some of the animations are completely off. On the PS3, I was playing '11 with a friend, and I "picked up" the ball from an onside kick. The ball was on the turf, behind my player's leg, then somehow climbed up into his hand after two steps. We watched this on replay several times confused.

The obligatory Penny Arcade from 2005 still seems to hold true: http://www.penny-arc...omic/2005/9/12/

#25 robert5891

robert5891

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

hes a racist, ill pass

#26 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

LOL it be this card

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item27bbb42a12

vaule 3 bucks
WOOOO I STINK

#27 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

Haven't bought a Madden game in three years...maybe this is the one? Ordered, and can cancel as the day approaches if I change my mind...

I haven't bought one since ' 08...it's pretty much the game every year with a few additions

#28 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

I haven't bought one since ' 08...it's pretty much the game every year with a few additions

That's how EA works.. If they put all the good shit in every year, they'd actually have to work on new features every year. By stringing it out, they have an endless supply of minor shit to tout every year while doing little actual work.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#29 whodeybengals9

whodeybengals9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

This is way overpriced!

#30 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

The cover athlete is the deciding factor in whether it's a good deal?

Silly me. I thought it was about the game

For this year's Madden, Yeah. Marshall's already been on the cover.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png