Army of Two XBOX 360 $4.99

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Gamestop has used army of Two xbox 360 only for $4.99 ($4.49 with PUR).

Is a good rental and still trades for $3 base at BB.

Edited because I was an idiot and looked at PS3 TiV

Edited by Jimmienoman, 15 July 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#2 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hey guys,

I received an e-mail from gamestop this morning advertising the used deal of the week. Apparently, they are doing them again.

Army of Two $4.99 Note: this is instore/online, and as always stacks with PUR.

It's not a great deal, but at least they are doing them again.

Edited by Dark Rider, 15 July 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#3 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

Not a bad deal as it is $3 base trade in at BB.

Corrected because stupid me looked at the PS3 TiV

Edited by Jimmienoman, 15 July 2011 - 02:34 PM.

#4 CrowBro

CrowBro

Alpha Chi Rho

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

I kinda enjoyed the game besides that the cover system was flawed...

#5 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

Wow, someone posted this exact deal, at the exact same time.

#6 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

Is this deal in store as well?
Posted Image

#7 Sepatown Tippie Tais

Sepatown Tippie Tais

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

The online servers are shutting down August 11. If you care about achievements there are 10 that will be unobtainable after that date.

#8 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

get it before they kill the servers!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#9 Odinsfury

Odinsfury

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

This game was more fun than the second game, the 40th day.

#10 kingsnuff

kingsnuff

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

The online servers are shutting down August 11. If you care about achievements there are 10 that will be unobtainable after that date.

Just read this last night
121056.png
Preorders: :xb1: Destiny :xb1: Forza Horizon 2 :xb1: The Evil Within :xb1: Farcry 4 :xb1: The Division[/size]

Anyone know a sure-fire way to exploit this? Should I simply make more Kongregate accounts using different emails to get more codes or should I delete and re-download the app as well?

The moment I realized CAG was entirely different monster than it was in 2011

#11 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

get it before they kill the servers!!

I thought the whole purpose of a paid Xbox Live subscription was that Microsoft hosted all of the 360 game online components, so you never had to worry about when the publisher decided to shut down the servers.

#12 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:20 PM

I thought the whole purpose of a paid Xbox Live subscription was that Microsoft hosted all of the 360 game online components, so you never had to worry about when the publisher decided to shut down the servers.

EA doesn't follow the rules. They told MS that if they weren't allowed to run their own servers, they weren't going to support the 360 at all. (No Madden, Battlefield, etc.)

EA kills servers off to force you into the newest version of whatever game is out. "The servers cost too much to maintain." Really? Sony still has their 1st party PS2 servers up and they work just fine. (Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, Socom anyone?)

Don't forget that now you have to have a voucher / $10 to play your EA games online, until they pull them down a couple years later.

cagSig.png515886.png

#13 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

You'd THINK that but you forget how retarded EA can be.

That said, Ao2 is good fun. It's rough but enjoyable in SP or co op.

Had issues that the sequel improved (Coop sniping being awful) but the sequel was kinda lousy in comparison.

#14 lilmotto

lilmotto

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

Gamestop has used army of Two xbox 360 only for $4.99 ($4.49 with PUR).

Is a good rental and still trades for $5 base at BB.

It is actually $3 base for 360 $5 for Ps3

#15 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

Not a bad deal as it is $5 base trade in at BB. so a decent game for a free rental with a couple bucks and change back when trading in.

It's $3 at Best Buy... otherwise I would've capitalized on that.

#16 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

It's $3 at Best Buy... otherwise I would've capitalized on that.

Correct I was on my phone and just looked at the PS3 TiV. Doh! Changed in original post

#17 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Is this deal in store as well?

Yes, instore and online.

#18 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

Oh and you get the 10% off PUR also, which should be obvious. It negates the tax on the game in most states.

#19 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

Uh why should they maintain servers for a game nobody plays online (until they decide to shut them down) 3 or 4 years after its release? The things you people bitch about seriously.

Its worth $5 even if you can't get the achievements after Aug 11th.

#20 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Uh why should they maintain servers for a game nobody plays online (until they decide to shut them down) 3 or 4 years after its release? The things you people bitch about seriously.

Because some people like getting all the achievements in games. Not everyone has your tastes.

I just wanted to mention that everyone (who wants to buy this and go for the online achievements before the servers close) will also need to purchase the DLC as well. Don't thank me, thank EA.

#21 Clownzilla

Clownzilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Good game, just finished it last night. Don't read the reviews too seriously, grab a friend and it's a fun co-op experience. Not worth the price of a full game but it's a steal at $5:)
Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

#22 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

Its worth $5 even if you can't get the achievements after Aug 11th.

You're missing the point. And 3-4 years? Nope. LotR Conquest was shut down after 14 months. Mercenaries 2 got about a year and a half. If EA didn't insist on controlling which games you can play online you'd still be able to play these games, like you can with 360 titles from other publishers. This isn't about being able to play Madden 06 online, it's about EA's greed.

#23 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

You're missing the point. And 3-4 years? Nope. LotR Conquest was shut down after 14 months. Mercenaries 2 got about a year and a half. If EA didn't insist on controlling which games you can play online you'd still be able to play these games, like you can with 360 titles from other publishers. This isn't about being able to play Madden 06 online, it's about EA's greed.

We can debate this if you like, but I won't do it in a deal thread. No reason to keep servers up on games nobody plays until they decide to shut them down. They're a business. Servers cost money to maintain and they'd rather use that towards something else if they aren't populated. I have no gas about that.

#24 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

The game is a bit clunky and leaves a fair bit to be desired, but it does have a rather loopy style at times....such as air guitaring with your gun by pressing and holding a button. At $5, if shooters are your thing, it isn't the worst thing in the world.

#25 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

I'll get it to play through the SP.
Posted Image

#26 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Does anyone know if this game has couch co-op?
Posted Image

#27 sbaker44

sbaker44

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

Of course! I literally bought this game yesterday. Hopefully I still have my reciept and they'll let me get a price change. It's good to know about the servers since the only reason I bought this game was to play online with a friend.

#28 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

Note the free DLC. Two good new levels. The paid DLC? Never bothered myself

#29 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

Does anyone know if this game has couch co-op?

Yes it does. Its a reasonable distraction from better coop games. I actually liked 40th day better myself.

#30 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

Yes it does. Its a reasonable distraction from better coop games. I actually liked 40th day better myself.

That one thing I HATED about 40th day is that you cant skip the cut scenes :bomb: When you're fighting the same boss on hard over and over and over having to watch the same cut scene, I seriously wanted to just break the fucking game!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/