*OOS* CoD: Black Ops Prestige Edition (PS3) @ Best Buy $14.99 B&M and Online

• Please log in to reply
803 replies to this topic

#1 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:36 AM

BB.com no longer has this in stock http://www.bestbuy.c...ition&lp=1&cp=1 for $14.99.

I can confirm that I just did a return and re-buy at my local BB (Milpitas,CA) and it rang up as $14.99 marked down from $149.99. You can't price adjust a BB.com order in-store (other than notifying corporate) so I had to do a return and re-buy. Fellow CAG GBAStar confirmed that the price was also $14.99 for him in-store as well.

For online orders, the ship to store option to save on shipping cost will most likely be unavailable. Unlikely that your local BB has this in stock. You can try the online stock locator but note that the online system will only show it as available when there's at least 3 or more in-stock. BB's RSS in-store stock checker is more accurate.

I reported this possibility back in the BB B2G1 thread last Sunday but can finally confirm the deal after having just did a return and re-buy when my shipment came in the mail.

BB clearance prices are YMMV. However, months back the Prestige Edition was universally marked down to $79.99 in-store. BB clearance prices rarely go back up in price if ever at all. My local BB had this at $79.99 months ago and evidently enough, it's been marked down to $15 which I suspect is store-wide. As fair warning, some employees may tell you that you aren't allowed to rebuy a return for something that they no longer carry in their system but not every employee will enforce this.

BB FTW.

Edited by Donut2922, 19 July 2011 - 01:39 PM.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#2 htown01

htown01

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

Yeah, I just saw this over at SD's. Unfortunately, none of the stores around here qualified for the ship to store option. Another guy mentioned you can try to order through their OMS but another guy verified that it's a no go for OMS for video games :-(

#3 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:55 AM

Yeah, I just saw this over at SD's. Unfortunately, none of the stores around here qualified for the ship to store option. Another guy mentioned you can try to order through their OMS but another guy verified that it's a no go for OMS for video games :-(

I guess SD beat me to it ;) but I ordered this last Sunday and I can confirm the successful return/re-buy.

Now playing:

#4 Mishimaryu

Mishimaryu

EWGF! (f,N~d~d/f+2)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

the link Donut provided doesn't even work

#5 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

the link Donut provided doesn't even work

It'll work if you copy and paste it

#6 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

Might wanna update the title. I came in here fully expecting to see Black Ops Prestige Editino for $14.99.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7 karatebear

karatebear

I'll Take The Deal!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:00 AM

Try this link: http://www.bestbuy.c...2&skuId=1228435
Posted Image

#8 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:01 AM

Might wanna update the title. I came in here fully expecting to see Black Ops Prestige Editino for $14.99.

eh? I disagree. I don't see how my title could be any more clearer than what it just states.

Now playing:

#9 htown01

htown01

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

I guess SD beat me to it ;) but I ordered this last Sunday and I can confirm the successful return/re-buy.

Excellent :applause: Do you know if the :360: version is also this price?

#10 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:11 AM

eh? I disagree. I don't see how my title could be any more clearer than what it just states.

Never mind. I didn't read the entirety of the original post until now.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#11 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:15 AM

Yeah, I just tried 15 different ship to stores and none were available...does that feature even work?

#12 sirplue

sirplue

is truly, outrageous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

anybody know if the Santana Row BB has this on clearence for $15?

#13 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

You think this will last long enough to ship it expedited to my home and return/rebuy?

#14 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

I'm in Hayward, it says it'll take about 7 days to ship, you think the price would still be good by then?

#15 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

Dead? Link shows $149.99 price

#16 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

Dead? Link shows $149.99 price

In store only.

#17 Barkwhip

Barkwhip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:28 AM

Damn, I don't even like the COD series but I'd love to get that RC car for $14.99. Ship to store option shows a Best Buy in my area has it, but it's a good 20-25 minute drive. I'm not sure if I should bother.

Edit: For some reason any store listing availability that I select gives me an error telling me they no longer have stock.

#18 sirplue

sirplue

is truly, outrageous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:49 AM

ugh, looks like I'm going out tomorrow...

#19 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

I will keep an eye on this. All i really care about is the RC-XD and i am not trying to pay full price for it.
Posted Image

#20 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:01 AM

Stupid question but I have never got one of these prestige edition games, so how do I identify them in store. I mean are they just single games along placed along with other games or are they in a separate box etc?

#21 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:08 AM

Stupid question but I have never got one of these prestige edition games, so how do I identify them in store. I mean are they just single games along placed along with other games or are they in a separate box etc?

Oh u will know it when you see it from the huge box it comes in.
Posted Image

#22 ayepapajohn

ayepapajohn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

does anybody know if BB accepts paypal?

#23 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

Allright, well, I'm silver. I went ahead and ordered one to be shipped to me with my free shipping. I'll see how this turns out.
Posted Image

#24 htown01

htown01

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:21 AM

I came back a while ago from the BB near me and asked the amiable guy at the game kiosk. I told him I wanted to buy a game that wasn't in the store and if he can order it for me. He asked me the name and I gave him the SKU. He reaction was "Whoa!, which game is this?"

I told him and asked if he could order it for me through their OMS. He gave me an excuse that at least one store needs to have it in stock for him to do that. I didn't go to customer service and try there because I stopped at BB on my way to pick up some Chinese food Posted Image I'll try tomorrow.

I would recommend to bypass the game kiosk and go straight to customer service, just my 2 cents.

#25 karatebear

karatebear

I'll Take The Deal!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:28 AM

does anybody know if BB accepts paypal?

Yes they do.

Allright, well, I'm silver. I went ahead and ordered one to be shipped to me with my free shipping. I'll see how this turns out.

Same as me. If it doesn't work, I can just return it and forget I ever tried.
Posted Image

#26 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

There's no way this is going to fly at my store(s) with the way customer service and employees have been reacting lately. It's like, "You can't do that!"

#27 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

I've never had much luck with return/rebuy. Does anyone have any advice for doing a return/rebuy on this? Such as, what to say?

#28 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:32 AM

Excellent :applause: Do you know if the :360: version is also this price?

You won't be able to buy the Xbox version online since it is OOS. However, I'd venture to guess the Xbox one would ring up for $14.99 as well if you were to find one in-store.

You think this will last long enough to ship it expedited to my home and return/rebuy?

I'm in Hayward, it says it'll take about 7 days to ship, you think the price would still be good by then?

As long as you place your order, it is yours at the online price. The deal is to just simply return and rebuy it in-store in which you have 30 days from the order date to do so.

Now playing:

#29 ayepapajohn

ayepapajohn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:34 AM

how were you able to get free shipping?

#30 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:35 AM

I've never had much luck with return/rebuy. Does anyone have any advice for doing a return/rebuy on this? Such as, what to say?

I just told the employee that I had noticed the price was cheaper in-store and wanted to just re-buy it. The employee rang me up without a hitch. The employee was in disbelief over the price but she honored the register price.

Now playing: