Alan Wake - Limited Edition $39.96 at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

Haven't seen it at this price for a while. Seems pretty good for an awesome Limited edition.
Alan Wake Limited Edition

#2 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

This LE has an audio commentary. I've only played the first episode with it on, but already it's been pretty interesting. I wish more games would do that. I've played every Valve game with commentary on my second play and my first time through Monkey Island 2 SE, since I'd played the original game about 10x before.

#3 ig88vsbobafett

ig88vsbobafett

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:02 PM

For any one who hasn't played this they need to asap. i loved it and i couldn't stop playing it till i had played all the way through both add ons

#4 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

This game is amazing!! Maybe I'm just cheap, but I'm surprised LE is still this high.

#5 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

Color me surprised about the price too. I have the CE guide, so I feel like I should be getting this soon.

#6 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:51 PM

I've already played the game (and loaned it to my sister-in-law) and I;m thinking of buying it again just for the extras. I'm not a big fan of LE/CEs in general, but the book seems really interesting to me.
Posted Image

#7 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

Omega 3 fatty acids are good for your heart!

#8 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

I got this on amazon's pre-black Friday sale. Really great game. Has anyone heard any updates on the download game that is to be released this summer?

#9 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

Got mine a little while back for about this price. It's a really cool CE and all the material inside is worth reading. I kinda with they would have added in something a little more concrete like a flashlight or something but the case itself is pretty awesome.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#10 gamingdroid

gamingdroid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

Got mine a little while back for about this price. It's a really cool CE and all the material inside is worth reading. I kinda with they would have added in something a little more concrete like a flashlight or something but the case itself is pretty awesome.

Sure they could have given you a cheap looking flashlight (see Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition), but what you got was something I have never seen in a game before, in-game-commentary!

This CE/LE (or whatever) comes with a video pop up while you play the game while the developer discusses various tidbits.

#11 loc0bob

loc0bob

10 Year CAGiversay April 2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

I'll take the flashlight, you take the commentary. If I'm interested in commentary, I'd just look it up on YouTube for free. To get back on topic I believe you also get some sweet looking gear for you avatar too with this edition.

#12 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

I really did like this game and want a sequal but imo people overrate this game a liiiiiiiiitle bit.
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#13 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

I'll take the flashlight, you take the commentary. If I'm interested in commentary, I'd just look it up on YouTube for free. To get back on topic I believe you also get some sweet looking gear for you avatar too with this edition.

So you'd "steal" it instead... Besides, had they made the flashlight instead of the commentary you would not be able to watch it on youtube.

Anyhow, people don't think the book add-in is concrete enough? As I understand, it's pretty thick and actually includes a lot of quality content.

#14 draqon2k2

draqon2k2

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:09 AM

I saw this at $29.99 at best buy....not sure if its just my store though. I really want to get it but I already have the game and dl both the extras. I love this game. Highly recommend it.

#15 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

$40 still seems high to me even for the LE. I actually bought the regular edition on eBay for $9 earlier this year.

#16 crzyjoeguy

crzyjoeguy

King of Beers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

yeah may still be a little high. however i will say, this is my favorite l.e that i own, i really like the packaging, the book is an interesting read, and it has alot of neat content on disc(s) HOWEVER i bought it at this price months ago and can see it getting cheaper. still a very nice collector's edition though.
Posted Image

#17 TheRobReport

TheRobReport

Stoned Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:58 AM

you actually unlock avatar clothes for having the limited edition disc too, probably the easiest avatar award you can unlock, if you have the limited edition that is lol.

#18 dudejeff22

dudejeff22

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:18 AM

Pretty sure this has been on sale for like $24 on Amazon.

#19 ass-assassin

ass-assassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:43 AM

Regular or LE, everyone should at least try Alan Wake. It's IMO the most underrated game this generation.

#20 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:45 AM

Pretty sure this has been on sale for like $24 on Amazon.

No it hasn't. It was $30 for a black friday week day.

#21 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:45 AM

I've wanted the LE for awhile.

But I don't know if it's worth $40

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#22 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

I really want this CE, but it's on sale a lot...