XBOX 360 Kinect Star Wars LE available for preorder($449.99) Amazon

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 bengalboy

bengalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

I just bought the 4GB Kinect 360 slim but thought this was pretty cool and wanted to pass it along. Here's hoping the game doesn't suck.

http://www.amazon.co...5DM551PH6FFGQF0

#2 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

This really isn't a deal. It is way too expensive.
Posted Image

#3 bengalboy

bengalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

I agree, but someone out there will surely get it, it says the 360 actually has custom R2-D2 sounds. Someone will think that's worth $450. :)

#4 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

God that looks so sssssuper gay
Posted Image

#5 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

I posted this in the Xbox forum yesterday. Although the links in the "deal" section seem to automatically include Cheapy's referral, while mine didn't.

God that looks so sssssuper gay

I don't believe droids have a sexual preference.

Edited by Lawyers Guns N Money, 22 July 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#6 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

Agreed not a deal but the price is in line with other Limited Edition 360s. The Normal 250 GB model is $399.99 so for $50 more you get a larger HD (320 GB) and the Kinetic Star Wars Game (which will cost $50). Plus it is an R2-D2 Xbox :) If it came with 2 controllers it would make it much more tempting.

Edit: Looks like the standard model comes with a $50 credit so the non-Star Wars one is better for sure.

#7 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

I just want the controller :drool:

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#8 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

I like it, but I'm torn between this and the Gears one. I don't really want the SW Kinect game, but wouldn't mind a Kinect and I don't need Gears 3 on launch day. I'm probably better off getting the Gears bundle and waiting for a good deal or at least a Kinect game I want to play.

What I was really hoping for was Halo Anniversary getting an limited edition console. I'm sure Halo 4 will, but I'd like to have a new Xbox this year.

#9 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

Personally I think the console is pretty cool. I may be older then some of you (32), but when I was a kid star wars was about the coolest thing. Wiffle ball bat light sabers, and using the pretend force kept me occupied for hours.

So maybe there's a lot of nostalgia for me but I'd love to pick this up. Really it's not to bad of a deal because of the larger hard drive, kinect, kinect star wars and kinect adventures. Not really a great deal but if you're a star wars fan and needing a kinect I dont know how this can get any better.

#10 xj_sky

xj_sky

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

this is one of those things where if I were rich i'd buy five of them, store them away for 20+ years still sealed, and resell. love the design...and i don't even like Star Wars.

#11 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

ya that controller looks amaizingly epic

#12 gamingdroid

gamingdroid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

Personally I think the console is pretty cool. I may be older then some of you (32), but when I was a kid star wars was about the coolest thing. Wiffle ball bat light sabers, and using the pretend force kept me occupied for hours.

So maybe there's a lot of nostalgia for me but I'd love to pick this up. Really it's not to bad of a deal because of the larger hard drive, kinect, kinect star wars and kinect adventures. Not really a great deal but if you're a star wars fan and needing a kinect I dont know how this can get any better.

Personally, I think it looks awesome in blue and white. Wish they did a little something with Kinect other than just make it white though. The cost at $450 is a lot of dough though.... but me really want this and the gears console. :(

#13 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

Personally, I think it looks awesome in blue and white. Wish they did a little something with Kinect other than just make it white though. The cost at $450 is a lot of dough though.... but me really want this and the gears console. :(

I like the white Kinect, but it's going to stick out like a sore thumb in my home theater

#14 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

I may be older then some of you (32), but when I was a kid star wars was about the coolest thing.

I'm in my 30's too so this LE is calling my name. I've been waiting for an LE console to strike me as a must have. This is it.

This could have gone wrong, but since it's based on R2-D2 and C-3PO, this turned out well.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#15 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

ya that controller looks amaizingly epic

Since they are selling extra GOW3 controllers even though the GOW3 console has 2, they better do the same for C-3PO. I'd totally buy an extra or 3.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#16 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

Posted Image
x2_74fffe5 by Cancerman1120, on Flickr

This is pretty awesome. Would love it just to show people when I open my Xbox. Thanks to Jessica Chobot on Twitter for the pic.

#17 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:50 PM

I think it's great, my jaw dropped when I came home from work and saw it last night.

This is exacty why I want it, I think I might get one. Luckily I haven't upgraded and still have an older model so upgrading is a big plus too.

#18 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

Posted Image
x2_74fffe5 by Cancerman1120, on Flickr

This is pretty awesome. Would love it just to show people when I open my Xbox. Thanks to Jessica Chobot on Twitter for the pic.

That is awesome.

Also, this is probably the best 360 design ever, too bad I have 0 interest in a Kinect or Star Wars Kinect, or selling my slim 360.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#19 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

I didn't know this was going to be available to the public, figured it was just some custom made console. I kind of wish they made a face-plate R2-D2 for the original Xbox 360. Also, I'd buy that gold controller and the current Halo Reach, silver-ish one.

#20 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

Preordered this as soon as it went live. Guess I'm finally getting a Kinect.

I want that bigger hard drive and the R2 theme is sweet. Plus the C3PO controller looks like it has the awesome new dpad. It's a win/win almost all around save for the sure to be crappy Star Wars Kinect game.

Now I gotta figure out how to pay for it before it comes out. I hope for next year but I doubt I'll have that much time to save for it.

#21 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:49 PM

I'm in my 30's too so this LE is calling my name. I've been waiting for an LE console to strike me as a must have. This is it.

This could have gone wrong, but since it's based on R2-D2 and C-3PO, this turned out well.

My older cousin took me and my sisters to see the Empire Strikes Back at the movie theater when it first came out, to give you an idea of how long I've been a Star Wars fan:oldman: But I am definitely part of the target audience this was made for and I can't wait to hear the sounds it makes in person come late December when my pre-order arrives. I've never purchased a special edition Xbox, but this was the first design to make me change that motto!

#22 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

This is not the deal you are looking for.

The deal is week with this one.

Sorry, had to do it.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#23 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

Hope we get this in an NTSC-J system.

#24 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

I bought a 4GB system last week for $100.
I'm highly debating trading/selling it and picking this up, because damn.

#25 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

I thought they said it was gonna have the biggest available hard drive? A 320GB. Thats alot for a 4GB kinect bundle, even if its Star Wars themed. The game looks like crap.

#26 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

I thought they said it was gonna have the biggest available hard drive? A 320GB. Thats alot for a 4GB kinect bundle, even if its Star Wars themed. The game looks like crap.

What? It does come with a 320GB HDD, same as the one that comes with Gears 3 bundle.
Posted Image

#27 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

This is not the deal you are looking for.

The deal is week with this one.

Sorry, had to do it.

This is not the spelling you are looking for.

The grammar is weak with this one.

Sorry, had to do it. :P

#28 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:51 AM

Damn, I can lose my virginity for $450, that's how ridiculous the pricing of this and my life are.

#29 af7lm

af7lm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

I really want to geek out and get this...

Posted Image

#30 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

What a waste of money. Only an overly obsessed 360 and Star Wars fan boy would get this. Which is a lot of people. Guess, its a good plan knowing some people will get it.