Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

Also 37.49 for Wii.

Link

#2 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

Very tempting as I am looking to pre-order this. Think Amazon will match? Is TRU pretty good with pre-order shipping timeliness?

Edited by bsmiff, 25 July 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#3 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

Game does look very good.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

With tax it comes out to $48.xx, still cheaper than Amazon, but they might offer credit or even PM with release date delivery. I think I might wait it out. Good find though.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#5 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

thanks for the heads up.. I submitted a price match to amazon.

#6 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

Will wait for a sub $20 price.

#7 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

The first one on the original Playstation was great. Everyone after that have been average to bad. So i'll sit this one out until it hits my $20 price point. :)

#8 CrowBro

CrowBro

Alpha Chi Rho

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:17 AM

Driv3r for Ps2/Xbox was lawl fun when I was a kid....

#9 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:22 AM

so has anyone tried to get Amazon to price match?

#10 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:27 AM

The first one on the original Playstation was great. Everyone after that have been average to bad. So i'll sit this one out until it hits my $20 price point. :)

The original's creator is the lead on this game, and it's being marketed as a return to the franchise's roots (classic car chases, no wannabe-GTA on-foot gameplay). Plus it's got 120 licensed vehicles pulled from cinema's most iconic car chase scenes. If you liked the first, this will probably be way more up your alley than 2 and 3.

so has anyone tried to get Amazon to price match?

Only by submitting a lower price through the product page.

#11 ivana89

ivana89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:37 AM

thx OP. quick ?s:

1) what are chances pre-order price goes up between now and launch?
2) when is the latest i can pre-order: day before launch?
3) does TRU store match TRU.com price?

TIA.

#12 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:01 AM

I have a feeling NewEgg or Amazon are going to match this considering the boner popping deals that have been going around these days.
:360: Is all I need.

#13 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥ English Heart ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:03 AM

The original's creator is the lead on this game, and it's being marketed as a return to the franchise's roots (classic car chases, no wannabe-GTA on-foot gameplay). Plus it's got 120 licensed vehicles pulled from cinema's most iconic car chase scenes. If you liked the first, this will probably be way more up your alley than 2 and 3.

This is music to my ears. Anyone have any idea if we'll get a CE for this? Doubt it after the disaster that was Driv3r

heavyd814eva.png

#14 JCDogg911

JCDogg911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:34 AM

With tax it comes out to $48.xx, still cheaper than Amazon, but they might offer credit or even PM with release date delivery. I think I might wait it out. Good find though.

Why not still preorder it and see if Amazon does PM that way if they do, can always cancel and you are still get guaranteed it at that price if they don't

#15 JCDogg911

JCDogg911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:43 AM

thx OP. quick ?s:

1) what are chances pre-order price goes up between now and launch?
2) when is the latest i can pre-order: day before launch?
3) does TRU store match TRU.com price?

TIA.

1. very high because Alice, Child of Eden, and others went back up before release date.
2. Up til the day before launch you can preorder but again no sure thing in pricing.
3. Unless there is an option for in store pickup, Stores doesn't match their site price.

#16 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:36 AM

looks very good

Games My life..8.gif

#17 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:39 AM

tempting but already have on pre-order at Amazon with RDS
Posted Image
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360- Assassin's Creed III
PS3- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Nintendo Wii- AC: City Folk
3DS- New Super Mario Bros. 2
My Game Collection- www.listal.com/list/buffalos-xbox-360-collection

#18 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

This is music to my ears. Anyone have any idea if we'll get a CE for this? Doubt it after the disaster that was Driv3r

It doesn't seem that the CE is going to be released in the US, despite the story and game's location being set here. Maybe that'll change in a month's time, but so far there isn't even any pre-order DLC lined up in the states.

I've got a thread about Driver: SF going on the CAG 360 forums. If anyone's interested in the game's other features, check out the OP: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=299511

#19 kjdsider

kjdsider

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

submitted another request to amazon... waiting for it to drop

#20 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

this game looks pretty terrible to me. The handling looks so poor.

I expect this to get pretty cheap after it's released

#21 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

I played to demo for a little while last night, I really wasnt very impressed. I will also be waiting for a cheap deal

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#22 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Besides graphics, how different is the Wii version compares to the HD consoles? I ask because many games are vastly different even though with same titles like Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Transformers War for Cybertron, just to name a couple.

#23 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

Really? I'm not looking to crank up any debates, but am curious why you think the handling looks poor.

As far as this deal goes, I'm still on the fence with my pre-order. This game looks so good to me I'm pretty much willing to take the price hit and get it from Amazon for release date delivery.

#24 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

I don't want to poop on this thread either, as this is a good deal for those that want it.
I was looking forward to this game, but the demo left me underwhelmed. The graphics are great, and it's an interesting idea for a driving game, but the control is bad bad bad, and I was expecting like NFS physics, and it plays more like Cruisin USA.

#25 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

Driv3r for Ps2/Xbox was lawl fun when I was a kid....

I agree man. Driver 3 was awesome. I had it on Xbox, and the custom soundtrack option made it even better.

#26 kitkatjam23

kitkatjam23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

The demo left me with a meh feeling. Great find for those looking for it at release though. I would say if you dont have to have it immediately, I think this will be one of those that will be under $30 quick. With SOOOO many AAA games coming out this fall, Ill pass on this one for now.

Thanks for the heads up though OP!

#27 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Well the last game was touted to rival gta and then.......

I loved the first one on psx tho

#28 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:04 PM

I just played the demo and let's just say that I'd hesitate to buy this at $4. This is by far the worst driving game this generation. Complete and utter garbage. Also, the psn demo doesn't even recognize my logitech g27 wheel.

#29 adam31

adam31

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

I just played the demo and let's just say that I'd hesitate to buy this at $4. This is by far the worst driving game this generation. Complete and utter garbage. Also, the psn demo doesn't even recognize my logitech g27 wheel.

Really???? I thought the 360 demo was a lot of fun! Especially the police chases. The first Driver on the PSX is one of my all time favorites.

#30 Guest Number 2

Guest Number 2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

Hopefully it'll be this price through Aug 17th, that's when the multiplayer demo for Driver will come out. I can decide then if I still want it or not since that's the main reason why I want this game.

The controls felt fine for me, I was able to dodge cars with no problems. You do have to slow down before making a turn though, can't go 100 mph on a turn. Shifting felt really smooth, in and out of vehicles with no hiccups. The demo didn't WOW me, but I did have some fun with it.