Release Date is October 25th, 2011
Posted Image

#2 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

Woot! Can't wait!

PS3's box art looks soooo much better than the 360's. That clusterfuck of characters in Ash's flame ruins the 360's. PS3's simple, and looks cool, plus, it has Mai :drool:.

Oh well, maybe I'll buy the PS3 version once it drops to bargain prices, just to display it, lol.

Preordered!

#3 JMClarkent

JMClarkent

I Cheap what I Sow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

Nice find; hopefully they can get it right this time!
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill"...

#4 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

PS3's box art looks soooo much better than the 360's. That clusterfuck of characters in Ash's flame ruins the 360's. PS3's simple, and looks cool, plus, it has Mai :drool:.

I'm right with you on this one.

Thanks for the post OP, I hadn't heard about the soundtrack. Looks like I'll be pre-ordering this one!

#5 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

Might have missed this offer, if not for your informative post. Pre-ordering later today when I leave for work, thanks OP!

#6 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

Sweet preorder bonus for a game I was already looking forward on getting. I will be choosing the ps3 version.

#7 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

Matter of opinion I guess. I'll be getting ps3 but like the box at on the 360 better

Woot! Can't wait!

Oh well, maybe I'll buy the PS3 version once it drops to bargain prices, just to display it, lol.

Preordered!

#8 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

Let's hope they get the netcode right this time.

#9 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

Matter of opinion I guess. I'll be getting ps3 but like the box at on the 360 better

Of course, all opinion. We're direct opposites. I prefer the PS3's art but will be getting the 360 version.

#10 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

A 4-CD soundtrack!! Thats pretty awesome :)

I like both covers. NOt sure which I would like better but probably the PS3's cover because it has mai on it.

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#11 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

Haha true. We could just trade boxes or even just inserts. I'm sure someone out there will make high quality scans for us to print off though

Of course, all opinion. We're direct opposites. I prefer the PS3's art but will be getting the 360 version.

#12 chronoserge456

chronoserge456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

I really think the Xbox box looks better, but I'll be getting PS3

Let's make today a GREAT day!
PS3: BadASSStunGUN
Currently playing: League of Legends, Fire Emblem: Awakening
nujabesAlbumGIF.gif

#13 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

If only KoF were relevant in this day & age

#14 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

Came in to say this. Love KoF, won't pay more than $20 for this game if the netcode is broken. Again.

If only KoF were relevant in this day & age

In a sense, KoF was never relevant. Street Fighter was always the top dog, and KoF spent most of its life practically unknown to the masses. I don't care if anyone else thinks it's relevant as long as it's good, and i'd bet your average longtime KoF player feels the same way.

#15 rvdrock

rvdrock

Master Of The Ellipsis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

I jumped on it, I love some KOF

#16 Petey Parker

Petey Parker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Came in to say this. Love KoF, won't pay more than $20 for this game if the netcode is broken. Again.

In a sense, KoF was never relevant. Street Fighter was always the top dog, and KoF spent most of its life practically unknown to the masses. I don't care if anyone else thinks it's relevant as long as it's good, and i'd bet your average longtime KoF player feels the same way.

This. If anything they are taking everything that was wrong with KoFXII and improving on it dramatically. The netcode improvement seems to be very important according to an interview on Dream Cancel. The soundtrack inclusion is only the extra icing on what already sounds to be a delicious cake. I've already got my copy pre-ordered.

#17 RCizzle65

RCizzle65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

I like the different box art, I prefer the PS3's. Nice preorder bonus, but I'm not a huge KOF fan

#18 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

I have no interest in the game. They both look good, but I think the PS3 box art looks better.

#19 suko_32

suko_32

(soo-koh-32) - noun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

That'll decide whether I purchase this or not.
MGO: LiquidCake

#20 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

Let's hope they get EVERYTHING right this time.

Everything I've heard about this game sounds like it's what XII should have been. Now Atlus adds a hell of a pre-order bonus. Will definitely pick it up.

#21 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

Tempting! I waits till it hit 20-ish but 4 CDs Sound Track kinda hard to pass Up!
"Evil is Funs"

#22 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

I'm really feeling the 50 dollar price point. XII was 60 dollars on release, didn't come with shit and doesn't even hold a candle to XIII as far as gameplay goes. Could have been 40 to compete with Capcom's updated games, but this is a full on sequel that warrants the price, as long as the netcode is playable.

#23 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

I'm someone who loves pre-order bonus and collectibles, but when it comes to stuff like soundtracks, I just don't feel compelled to jump the gun, so to say. There's just something about CDs where I don't feel they are necessary to have, especially since the only CD players I have are in my car and sitting in the storage room in my house collecting dust. I'd much prefer a mini artbook instead, but that's just me.

Definitely want to pick this up, though. I played the first couple of King of Fighters in arcades and on the Neo Geo (IIRC) and had a hard time getting back into the series for some reason.
Posted Image

#24 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

KOF XII just turned me off of KOF for life. It was just ridiculous how half baked it was.

I was actually quite disappointed since I always preferred KOF to SF until recently.

#25 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

tempted to reserve this just to get the soundtrack boxset.

#26 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

Tempting! I waits till it hit 20-ish but 4 CDs Sound Track kinda hard to pass Up!

If gamestop is the only provider of the soundtrack then you should get in on this. Pretty sure you can ebay the pre-order bonus and end up with a $20 KOFXIII on release day.

When blazblue came out i ebay'd the artbook which was an exclusive to gamestop. It really was an oversized move list and sold for over $100.

#27 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Amazon will carry the bonus as well which is why I linked both sites

#28 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

I really like some game soundtracks, the orchestrated ones at least, but I've never seen the interest in listening to the MIDI-esque in-game music. They're more like catchy jingles than toe-tapping "gotta blast this in my car" kinda music. By that measure I don't know if a 4 CD OST would really justify a day one purchase for me, especially since it seems that the KOF games fall in price rather quickly.

#29 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

so what is the difference between KoFXII & KoFXIII?
FXII got so many negative reviews.
sorry for the dumb question but Im new to this franchise since Im more of a Street fighter fan.

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#30 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

Does the USA one come with 炎の力を取り戻し庵 (Iori with his flame power back) DLC for free?

As for difference with XII and XIII, I played XIII and it's so much better than XII. To me, it's still not as good as the KoF 9x days but it's def. hell of a lto better than XII. XII is a lot closer to what the old KoF use to be, it has 30 character roster and it's over all more fluid than XII.

Edited by djricekcn, 31 July 2011 - 05:09 AM.